Canadian crash

Having driven in both Europe and the USA, I can honestly say that the standard of driving in any European country is far better than it is in the USA. They have spectacular crashes that leave you wondering how they actually managed to crash without doing it on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Look again at India

Absolutely.

youtube.com/watch?v=dimrJkDdqb4

Franglais:
Look again at India, Spardo. Not a lot of deaths by population, but a huge number by ratio to vehicles. Must be that much of the country has no interaction with vehicles? I bet the stats for an Indian city would be very bad.
What I found a bit surprising (I`ve never been there) was that the USA seems worse, or at least as bad as, Eastern European countries.
Canada seems comparable with Western Europe from those figures.

I wonder if all those Tuk Tuks, like the one I have in the garden storing wood these days :unamused: , are included in the vehicle numbers, or the myriad light motos with half the family on board. :question:

Yes, the USA seems to be on a par with Russia, the land of spectacular dashcam vids, but Canada with Western Europe, as you say. Except France of course, which, along with Portugal bucks that trend.

UK seems to be very good and on a par with Swiss and the Scan countries.

That’s because most of the time in the UK you’re not actually moving, makes crashing difficult, although the Russians could probably manage it going by those crash vids you mention.

I was rather surprised that Italy didn’t show up worse. A bit of fog between Torino and Milano always produced a few events in my recollections.
France may do better if it wasn’t for the August Friday and Saturday mayhem that’s seen every year. Finish a day’s work, have a full dinner, and then drive 8 or more hours non-stop to the Med coast.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

newmercman:
… There are rumours that they have cheated that as the ability to speak English or French is necessary to do the theory part, including the practical tests on air brakes and pre trips …

Again spreading some BS…

1. Official theory test - the one on computer can be done in multiple languages…
  2. All ex Browny/British Colony region imports speaks fluent English…
  3. Brake test can be outsourced - bloke comes to school and monkey point fingers to pre marked training truck his been touching al training
  4. And on the top of that lets not forget there are quite a few of their kind already in the examinator ranks…

The language is definately not the reason and your statement is demonstrating great incompetence in this field - you really don’t know much about how things are done in training schools for fresh imports… OK not even need to go for fresh imports… you can easily find on indeed big fleet recruiter ads where in house training schools demand ability to speak their language to apply for hauliers in house trainer position…

but obviously posting those ad texts on here by me would be claimed as racism and lead to white minority (me) discrimination… :smiley:

kyk:

newmercman:
… There are rumours that they have cheated that as the ability to speak English or French is necessary to do the theory part, including the practical tests on air brakes and pre trips …

Again spreading some BS…

1. Official theory test - the one on computer can be done in multiple languages…
  2. All ex Browny/British Colony region imports speaks fluent English…
  3. Brake test can be outsourced - bloke comes to school and monkey point fingers to pre marked training truck his been touching al training
  4. And on the top of that lets not forget there are quite a few of their kind already in the examinator ranks…

The language is definately not the reason and your statement is demonstrating great incompetence in this field - you really don’t know much about how things are done in training schools for fresh imports… OK not even need to go for fresh imports… you can easily find on indeed big fleet recruiter ads where in house training schools demand ability to speak their language to apply for hauliers in house trainer position…

but obviously posting those ad texts on here by me would be claimed as racism and lead to white minority (me) discrimination… :smiley:

Complete and utter tripe. As usual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Franglais:
I was rather surprised that Italy didn’t show up worse. A bit of fog between Torino and Milano always produced a few events in my recollections.
France may do better if it wasn’t for the August Friday and Saturday mayhem that’s seen every year. Finish a day’s work, have a full dinner, and then drive 8 or more hours non-stop to the Med coast.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Italy :open_mouth:

My first time there I had to go via Amiens, Paris, Lyon to Turin, onto Milan then Bergamo.

The entire length of France was dull and uneventful. However emerging from the Frejus was like arriving in driving armageddon with a good few smashes in the first 50km. All individual ones, no multi-vehicle jobbies.

And as for driving within city limits… I soon learned to take my bit of road, defend it and be forceful (not aggressive).

However the thing I’ve always preferred about the continent is that if you stick to your guns anyone who wants to cut you up will just fly off and cut someone else up without the aggression and drama you get in the UK.

toonsy:
However the thing I’ve always preferred about the continent is that if you stick to your guns anyone who wants to cut you up will just fly off and cut someone else up without the aggression and drama you get in the UK.

Yep. So much queue jumping etc goes on no-one can afford the energy to be upset about it all the time maybe? If a dozen people cut you up, you cant go following and stalking all of em! Just let it happen and go with the flow.