Canadian crash

Such an awful awful incident, having just seen this picture I can’t begin to imagine the horror of such a situation. When I was a coach driver all those lives behind me were always at the back of my mind, even more so when on a couple of occasions drivers from same company were involved with a fatal. It’s something many drivers never recover from and in this case the truck driver survived uninjured, physically, mentally be it his fault or not he now has an enormous mountain to climb.

As you say Luke anyone involved, regardless of blame, or even witnessing such a horrible incident will carry it with them for ever.

Yeah, I thought it must be a slow news day to be reporting on a bus crash in Canada until I saw that picture in the paper today.

Can’t see how the poor fellas got the faintest chance of processing this magnitude of trauma.I know the brain has mechanisms inbuilt to cope,but this I would think is way too far off the scale.

manalishi:
Can’t see how the poor fellas got the faintest chance of processing this magnitude of trauma.I know the brain has mechanisms inbuilt to cope,but this I would think is way too far off the scale.

Indeed it is, let us hope the powers to be find fault with the truck and not the driver, trying to keep an open mind until then. Just been watching a broadcast of the vigil from Humbolt rink, small town SK coming together.

flat to the mat:

manalishi:

Indeed it is, let us hope the powers to be find fault with the truck and not the driver, trying to keep an open mind until then. Just been watching a broadcast of the vigil from Humbolt rink, small town SK coming together.

Yes caught that.Intensely moving.

Not going point fingers of have a go at any of the previous posters incase I haven’t read or seen anything that you all may or may not have of read or seen.
Why is the truck driver (from my perception) getting the blame. Could easily of been
the coach drivers fault,
road conditions fault,
weather conditions fault,
another vehicles at fault that didn’t stick around and fled the scene,
Mechanical fault on either vehicle,
Tyre blow out on either vehicle,
Medical condition of either coach or truck driver,
The list could be endless, but i would like to know if I have missed something that has already been reported on.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:
Why is the truck driver (from my perception) getting the blame.

I don`t think that anyone, anywhere, on this thread has blamed the truck driver, or anyone else?

lizard:
Not going point fingers of have a go at any of the previous posters incase I haven’t read or seen anything that you all may or may not have of read or seen.
Why is the truck driver (from my perception) getting the blame. Could easily of been
the coach drivers fault,

No one here has blamed the truck driver. I merely mentioned him as he survived uninjured and this is a forum for truck drivers.

lizard:
road conditions fault,
weather conditions fault

There are no such things.

That is the only picture I’ve seen. It looks like a B-double and both trailers went over. Is it unusual though for semis in Canada to have tri-axles though? or was it a step frame flat?

Any news on how it happened?

Spardo:
That is the only picture I’ve seen. It looks like a B-double and both trailers went over. Is it unusual though for semis in Canada to have tri-axles though? or was it a step frame flat?

Any news on how it happened?

Tridems are common here, it’s the US that use tandems. No further news on the cause yet. On a slightly brighter note, so far well over $6 million has been raised to help the victims. Small comfort but great support.

Thank you.

Calgary based company since last Sept has had its operations suspended forthwith . Expat Canadian drivers will guess where this is going :imp:

Hi Guys As I live in Calgary , I give you the latest . The trucking company has only been going for about 6 mths and as of this afternoon the Alberta Transport Minister has Suspended there license to operate . Also on the news today the Bus was on the main highway and the Truck was crossing and he had a STOP sign on his road , One of the things that the RCMP are looking at is Sun in the drivers eyes and several other things , The driver was taken to a police station but they have not said anything about a arrest or charges yet . All this is of 21:00 hrs MT ( Mountain Time ) or 04:OO UK time I will post more as it comes up

Absolute tragedy however…

road conditions fault,
weather conditions fault,

How can they be at fault?

flat to the mat:
Calgary based company since last Sept has had its operations suspended forthwith . Expat Canadian drivers will guess where this is going :imp:

Yep, Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd.
Driver’s been with the company a month, did 15days training and run solo for 2weeks.
Coach had right of way on Hwy35, Truck was on a 2way Stop on Hwy335.
News is saying that the truck struck the passenger side of the bus.
If that truck stopped at the crossroads, then pulled out hitting the side of the bus, I can’t see how that turned into all this carnage spread for as far as it has.
The front 5-6ft of coach has been ripped off altogether.
IMHO, the truck, for whatever reason ran the stop sign, this is a high speed crash.
RIP to all that passed.

flat to the mat:

Cheap imported labour would be my shot in the dark!

Things like make me realise how much I take it for granted I or people I know will be around tomorrow.

Type in Adesh deol,theres plenty to digest.