Can you spot the driving time infringement here?

Ok, so I’m not going to copy out the tacho print out exactly as its too long with all the driving and other work periods with odd minutes here and there, so I’m listing them in a simpler format, but all the minutes will add up to the exact same as my tacho print out…

Drive 10
Work 15
Drive 2 hours
Break 15
Drive 30
Work 15
Drive 30
POA 1 hour 30
Drive 32
Break 30 (by this point I’ve taken my full 45 minute break and my driving time is 3h42)
Drive 1 hour 30
Work 10
Drive 2 hours
Work 20
Drive 30
End shift. Total driving time since break is 4 hours

I’ve got an infringement for being over my driving time. Can you see where and explain why?

I’ve had it explained to me, but I don’t agree with the reason and it goes against what I’ve been told in my theory test and in my drivers hours CPC course. So I want to see what other drivers think.

Quick look and you’re about 15 mins over on drive time

2nd wtd break not taken ■■, somebody will be along to correct me shortly lol

Where am I? Have you added some working time up by accident? Neither side of the 45 min break (split into 15 then 30) goes even close to 4h30.

I’m guessing it’s your time after the first break that is the issue.

the cowboy:
2nd wtd break not taken ■■, somebody will be along to correct me shortly lol

No. The infringement flagged up by the computer system (which I believe is a standard system used by many companies) is very specific about this being a driving time infringement, not a working time one.

MrH:
I’m guessing it’s your time after the first break that is the issue.

What the issue though? I’ve simply split my 45 into a 15 then 30 which I’ve been told time and time again is fine, and I don’t go close to 4h30 driving before taking the second part of my break!

Computer seeing 5 1/2 hours driving time without a 45 minute break so flags it up.

Your POA has reset the clock and you’ve been given an infringement for 4hour 32min drive time?

Wildy:
Your POA has reset the clock and you’ve been given an infringement for 4hour 32min drive time?

Yes. This is what has given me the infringement. But surely it’s not actually an infringement because the POA isn’t a break and shouldn’t have reset my driving time? The 30 minute break resets the time, not the POA?

Wildy:

And therein lies the reason why POA is complete pile of dung no need for it you are either driving, doing other work or on a break until the tacho can be programmed to show POA for what it is and not register it as break then it shouldn’t be used.

And for the tacho to show POA for what it is, it should say to be used as a means of avoiding the WTD and enabling you to work longer hours without getting the proper rate of pay for it.

Last Company i got an Infringement for driving without Card in the Tacho. Shall have driven from Hatfield to NDC :exclamation:
Was at that Time in California for 4 a half Weeks. :bulb:
Found by my new Company a Infringement i shall have done when i was at the Previous Company,who didnt count it as Infringement at all.

So,now,…
Dont think they all know really whats all about.
Best seems to have a Printout at Home,you can use if anything comes up.

Rowley010:

Wildy:

Yes. This is what has given me the infringement. But surely it’s not actually an infringement because the POA isn’t a break and shouldn’t have reset my driving time? The 30 minute break resets the time, not the POA?

Exactly, so don’t worry about it… Nor do you need to sign anything. Carry on nothing to worry about.

Youve used POA thats the biggest misstake.
Never use this mode again, use break instead.

CBA with working out your driving.

mazzer:

Wildy:

And therein lies the reason why POA is complete pile of dung no need for it you are either driving, doing other work or on a break until the tacho can be programmed to show POA for what it is and not register it as break then it shouldn’t be used.

And for the tacho to show POA for what it is, it should say to be used as a means of avoiding the WTD and enabling you to work longer hours without getting the proper rate of pay for it.

The widespread tacho firmware defect (that’s exactly what it is as its not correct) that shows a reset following POA and logs an infringement on your card is one thing but there’s another more concerning point.

He’s been given an infringement and had it explained by the company so I’m taking a slight wild stab in the dark here, but like most any firm, they don’t just download the infringement from the card and issue an infringment notice on that alone. They download the data and use analysis software that reads the data and spots infringements for itself. Thats the whole point of the system. If this also throws up an incorrect infringement due to perceiving POA as break then that’s madness.

What’s the point of analysising software if it’s also bloody doing it wrong!! They may as well throw the whole bloody analysis computer in the river and send the operator woman/ man for a long pub lunch.

It’s pointless issuing “infringements” when no offence has been committed. Nothing is learned, it causes confusion and false paperwork is being created against employees.

Im glad im retired
regards dave.

Dipper_Dave:
Youve used POA thats the biggest misstake.
Never use this mode again, use break instead.

CBA with working out your driving.

And then when the company look at it and wonder why I’ve had 3 hours of breaks in a shift and ask me why!, can’t do right for doing wrong!

Vosa could say to the op that under the rules he should of been aware that driving time resets after his poa. Therefore he shouldn’t of drove for 4h 32m. They wouldn’t I expect but that is why the infringement is flagged.
It’s bollox and poa is a pain. It’s only use is delaying the wtd rule but you need keep track because if exactly this.

red7jase:
Vosa could say to the op that under the rules he should of been aware that driving time resets after his poa. Therefore he shouldn’t of drove for 4h 32m. They wouldn’t I expect but that is why the infringement is flagged.
It’s bollox and poa is a pain. It’s only use is delaying the wtd rule but you need keep track because if exactly this.

Is that the same DVSA Officer that will charge £20/50/60/100/1000 per turn of the winding handle?

He did nothing wrong FFS. I can only see an issue if the POA was recorded as break by mistake, otherwise, if the record is as pointed out above, the Tachograph Analysis is ■■■■!

I got an infringement for 4:30 driving, that is not an infringement and I sent it back saying “NO INFRINGEMENT TO ANSWER, GET BETTER ANALYSIS SOFTWARE”.

trubster:

red7jase:

Is that the same DVSA Officer that will charge £20/50/60/100/1000 per turn of the winding handle?

He did nothing wrong FFS. I can only see an issue if the POA was recorded as break by mistake, otherwise, if the record is as pointed out above, the Tachograph Analysis is [zb]!

I got an infringement for 4:30 driving, that is not an infringement and I sent it back saying “NO INFRINGEMENT TO ANSWER, GET BETTER ANALYSIS SOFTWARE”.

Haha I’ll remember that one and write it on next time! And yes I imagine there will be a next time because I’ve done nothing wrong so I’ve probably got more so called infringements to come from other days where POA has ■■■■■■ it up!