Can you spot the driving time infringement here?

I had a similar problem just last week, my tacho complained because i went over 4:30 driving but i kept going cos i knew i was well under
and when i analysed the card on globofleet, it also said i was wrong. I still think im legal unless you know better
The times marked in blue are accumlated drive times between breaks
i started at 03:00 and finished at 15:15

red7jase:
Vosa could say to the op that under the rules he should of been aware that driving time resets after his poa. Therefore he shouldn’t of drove for 4h 32m. They wouldn’t I expect but that is why the infringement is flagged.
It’s bollox and poa is a pain. It’s only use is delaying the wtd rule but you need keep track because if exactly this.

They couldn’t

It doesn’t

He didn’t

POA does NOT reset driving time!

POA as a duty is not at fault here. POA is and was only ever designed to be at work on “standby” or “on call”. The fact so many can’t get their head around this concept or companies abuse the hell out of POA is a separate issue. POA if applied correctly would hardly ever be used. It’s arguable, they should just get rid of it and incorporate those duties under other work to avoid confusion and abuse.

It’s the software in the tacho/ firmware that is at fault. Its also, the faulty software/firmware that percieves POA to reset driving time.

Additionally in this case, it appears the analysis computer software is at fault in addition to a tacho analysis operator who does not understand the regs. Like I stated, said operator should have his computer chucked in the dyke and sent on his/her way for an extended lamb lunch.

Also at fault are the authorities that allow regulated equipment who’s whole job in life is monitoring duty periods to carry such a fundamental flaw?!

red7jase:
Vosa could say to the op that under the rules he should of been aware that driving time resets after his poa. Therefore he shouldn’t of drove for 4h 32m. They wouldn’t I expect but that is why the infringement is flagged.
It’s bollox and poa is a pain. It’s only use is delaying the wtd rule but you need keep track because if exactly this.

Please don’t listen this OP, its just wrong. All day. Everday. :unamused:

Rowley010:

Wildy:
Your POA has reset the clock and you’ve been given an infringement for 4hour 32min drive time?

Yes. This is what has given me the infringement. But surely it’s not actually an infringement because the POA isn’t a break and shouldn’t have reset my driving time? The 30 minute break resets the time, not the POA?

Well there you go YOU CAN GET AN INFRINGEMENT :open_mouth:
Maybe Tachograph could now apologize (not holding my breath) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And yes i know he hasn’t actually done anything wrong it’s the system ! :unamused: :unamused:

Well I’ve only be doing the jobs for a few months so I must say it’s nice to know I was right after all. In future I’ll just always take a 45 min break rather than a 15 and 30. That way I know that regardless of POA, that will always reset me properly and keep the ■■■■■■ up system happy at the same time!

I apologise for my inaccuracy that has been pointed out. Every days a school day.
This reset of the clock is bollox. If you use poa you need to manually track your driving as how will you know when you hit 9/10 hours.
I don’t use it by the way

Rowley010:
Well I’ve only be doing the jobs for a few months so I must say it’s nice to know I was right after all. In future I’ll just always take a 45 min break rather than a 15 and 30.

Why? You did nothing wrong. You obviously felt you wanted to split your break, otherwise you wouldn’t have done it. You don’t need to have your life dictated to you by a computer, you were correct, so carry on if you want to

Rowley010:
That way I know that regardless of POA, that will always reset me properly and keep the [zb] up system happy at the same time!

The thing is, if your POA usage is is over 45 minutes it will reset your driving clock on the tacho head meaning you would need to manually track your driving time still. Granted in this case if you had taken a full break at your 30 minute point it wouldn’t have flagged up an infringement, but it might not be same each time…

aye, nothing wrong op. i got a load of infringements because the software doesn’t do domestic hours!

Wildy:
Your POA has reset the clock and you’ve been given an infringement for 4hour 32min drive time?

A break for 15m then 1h30 POA for will clear your driving time and give a clean card. However, the Break 30 as you have thought will be the remainder is not. This break is classed as a 15m break and need another break of 30 before the end of the shift.
POA is great for some situations but be careful with it. Have over 15 minutes but never more than 44 in any period and this will ensure that the tacho will not reset.
So in my opinion, don’t have 15m here then POA there then 30m somewhere else, have a full 45 , maybe 50m to be on the safe side and that will clear everything.

Dipper_Dave:
Youve used POA thats the biggest misstake.
Never use this mode again, use break instead.

CBA with working out your driving.

Exactly this… I don’t use it, I never have used it and don’t intend to start using it. I am either Working, Driving or Resting… Simples!!

B…

Rowley010:
Well I’ve only be doing the jobs for a few months so I must say it’s nice to know I was right after all. In future I’ll just always take a 45 min break rather than a 15 and 30. That way I know that regardless of POA, that will always reset me properly and keep the [zb] up system happy at the same time!

Just be careful with the WTD rules if you are planning on taking only 45 minute breaks, I find that a 15 minute break and a 30 minute break often makes it easier to comply with both sets of the driving time regulations - I would rather ditch POA in order to solve the problem.

beanie:
A break for 15m then 1h30 POA for will clear your driving time and give a clean card. However, the Break 30 as you have thought will be the remainder is not. This break is classed as a 15m break and need another break of 30 before the end of the shift.

POA wrongly resets the driving time on the tachograph display but does not actually reset the drivers driving time, the 30 minute break was the second part of a split driving break and that’s when the driving time was legally reset.

There are no infringements on the times shown in the opening post.

tango boy:
Maybe Tachograph could now apologize (not holding my breath) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And yes i know he hasn’t actually done anything wrong it’s the system ! :unamused: :unamused:

Perhaps I should have said you won’t get an infringement if your company uses decent tachograph analysis software and your compliance manager knows what he’s doing :smiley:

Rowley010:

Dipper_Dave:
Youve used POA thats the biggest misstake.
Never use this mode again, use break instead.

CBA with working out your driving.

And then when the company look at it and wonder why I’ve had 3 hours of breaks in a shift and ask me why!, can’t do right for doing wrong!

Unless they deduct pay for breaks then you have no need to justify them. Your cpc training makes you qualified to use your tacho card as you see fit to comply with drivers hours legislation.

Look at your card its your name on it not your companies. POA with one dubious exception is a useless, pointless mode. Invented to circumnavigate a problem that is already solved by use of the break/rest mode.

Rowley010:
Ok, so I’m not going to copy out the tacho print out exactly as its too long with all the driving and other work periods with odd minutes here and there, so I’m listing them in a simpler format, but all the minutes will add up to the exact same as my tacho print out…

Drive 10
Work 15
Drive 2 hours
Break 15
Drive 30
Work 15
Drive 30
POA 1 hour 30
Drive 32
Break 30 (by this point I’ve taken my full 45 minute break and my driving time is 3h42)
DRIVING TIME IS REST AT THIS POINT
Drive 1 hour 30
Work 10
Drive 2 hours
Work 20
Drive 30
End shift. Total driving time since break is 4 hours
WTD FULLY COMPIED WITH

I’ve got an infringement for being over my driving time. Can you see where and explain why?

I’ve had it explained to me, but I don’t agree with the reason and it goes against what I’ve been told in my theory test and in my drivers hours CPC course. So I want to see what other drivers think.

TM OR ANALYSIS IS NOT READING IT RIGHT

I recieved an Infringement letter for not having enough rest.

Even chatting to my Tm and asking him to look into it, he still said it was an infrigement. So i got in contact with another analysing company and got them to download my card and look into it which they came back with the same conclusion until i pointed out that any rest into Monday morning can be used for the previous week or current. They then got back to me and argeed and emailed me backing me up, which i then brought that into work and gave it to the Tm for him to finally pass it onto the Tacho analysing company to get told that i was correct.
It took a few weeks of standing my ground and help from people here but i got there in the end

tachograph:

tango boy:

Perhaps I should have said you won’t get an infringement if your company uses decent tachograph analysis software and your compliance manager knows what he’s doing :smiley:

Ha Ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: