Can you drive like this?

Interesting bit of driving here just wondering who can do the same. I for one can not.

liveleak.com/view?i=ce7_1376005327

Bliksem:
Interesting bit of driving here just wondering who can do the same. I for one can not.

liveleak.com/view?i=ce7_1376005327

Hell he would do well on the tight London multidrops!

I couldn’t without a lot of practice, hang on isn’t that the Royal Mail driving assesment…

Dipper_Dave:
I couldn’t without a lot of practice, hang on isn’t that the Royal Mail driving assesment…

That was the 2012 one. The 2013 one has to be done with a 15.6m trailer

Isn’t this the Stobart Driver Training Track? :smiley:

Ok, if he’s got an astronic in that then I’m impressed.

Fair play and. Very good effort.

Impressive J turn, nice skills

Yep, used to drive like that on landfills all the time. Brogborough used to be covered in clay & when that gets wet you just had to keep it moving forwards & backwards, or sit & wait for a tug from a CAT Bulldozer or 30 ton Compactor.

Great fun when you get to ‘Rally’ an Artic off road !

Love to do that at a Tosco RDC :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Love to do that at a Tosco RDC :grimacing:

Go on…Do It , for once it would not be RDC ■■■■■■■■ about the driver who got banned for Dangerous manoeuvring.
And it would be one hell of a you tube hit as well as winning the award of the year from here for driving from us.

That was a great bit of reversing…last time I tried that the daf went home with half the spoiler missing :blush:

DILYSI

:smiley:

that’s how my son drives his mums jag lol

I first saw this kind of thing 20yrs ago & it was a gymkhana type event for motorcycles in Japan.

If you Google ‘motorcycle gymkhana’ then you’ll come across plenty videos of just how popular it is in some countries.

Why did it never catch on in this country?

I think, for the same reasons that our truckfests are all about static trucks, parked in a regimented line.

We have become a nation of weaklings, the likes of curryfart & switchmylogic, etc . . . have overcome the industry. They have lots of time on their hands & think all drivers should lower themselve’s to their level.

How much fun would a truckfest be, if one happened in every city & everyone could show off their skills in a truck gymkhana?

martinviking:
Yep, used to drive like that on landfills all the time. Brogborough used to be covered in clay & when that gets wet you just had to keep it moving forwards & backwards, or sit & wait for a tug from a CAT Bulldozer or 30 ton Compactor.

Great fun when you get to ‘Rally’ an Artic off road !

We used to do it with fully loaded half cab Fodens on the opencast, I could get mine drifting like a good un … lol.
I tried it with Volvo dump trucks too but they just used to fall over.

No suzie between unit and trailer? Well impressed though

thelorryist:

i spotted a lack of suzie’s too!

do that 90°to the trailer move with lines on and i reckon you’d soon come to a stop! :laughing: :laughing:

that aside, im impressed! looks amazing for show purposes!

B…

Hang on! on the bay test… Forwards, he hit the posts. After his yes somewhat amazing as it appears J turn, he reversed into the test bay and, YES, hit the posts. TOP marks!!! NOT. Stobart drivers springs to mind.

thelorryist:

The lights on the trailer are still working, maybe they have an undermounted setup.

adsalaugh:
Hang on! on the bay test… Forwards, he hit the posts. After his yes somewhat amazing as it appears J turn, he reversed into the test bay and, YES, hit the posts. TOP marks!!! NOT. Stobart drivers springs to mind.

Used to bollard bash years ago (with a car) and the idea was to knock the pole off the stand WITHOUT knocking over the uprights - maybe the same idea?
I’m impressed, but I guess drivers who feel intimidated by others would HAVE to find fault…