Can you drive like this?

Bliksem:
Interesting bit of driving here just wondering who can do the same. I for one can not.

liveleak.com/view?i=ce7_1376005327

Yes … Not only could I do it but I have done almost the same obstical course in the early 90’s. I suppose most of it came easy because i spent the first few years in transport shunting and mostly in reverse at speed.
Not bragging, just being honest.

Nope, I couldn’t, but like everything I could with practice as I’m sure most of us could.

When I did my rigid training with the RAF at St Athan, my instructor could hand brake turn/park the the Iveco we where learning in, and that was in the dry!!!

I like that reversing manoeuvre :smiley:

See i thought he was initially going to reverse back through the first cones the way he came through them, that would have been impressive!!

This is why the illegals are frantically waving at us on the M25.

Huh! That was only stage one! The next stage is the “moving target” test. Thirty cyclists all going in different directions at speed, and you get points for each one you squash when turning left! (Or in his case, turning right, so it’s on his blind side!)

I couldn’t but i’d like to have a go. Like some one said should have stuff like this at truck shows they wouldn’t be so boring.

Aren’t they just normal manoeuvres when the dreaded wasp comes in your window?

That would be pretty cool to see, or even attempt. Then at truck shows you could have a section for the ones that are polished to the nines and look nice, and a course for others to compete against like the video.

:laughing:

madiganzo:

Bungle666:

thelorryist:
No suzie between unit and trailer? Well impressed though

do that 90°to the trailer move with lines on and i reckon you’d soon come to a stop! :laughing: :laughing:

B…

That’s common practice for me some nights :grimacing:

Bliksem:
Interesting bit of driving here just wondering who can do the same. I for one can not.

liveleak.com/view?i=ce7_1376005327

I can’t do that, but I like to think I can do this :sunglasses: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

youtu.be/E8AAvkLztnc

Or this

youtu.be/pUVEH7AoEnw

mucker85:

thelorryist:

The lights on the trailer are still working, maybe they have an undermounted setup.

Could be something similar to this setup

youtube.com/watch?v=xM_vMXThvHQ

Ain’t u lot been told this is the new DSA test??

Tarrman:

Bungle666:

thelorryist:

do that 90°to the trailer move with lines on and i reckon you’d soon come to a stop! :laughing: :laughing:

B…

That’s common practice for me some nights :grimacing:

I was going to say, some stores you have to do that in their yards…

I did an obstacle course when I did the Scania Young European Truck Driver UK Finals last year.

It was bloody hard and a lot of fun and done a lot slower than this Russian dude! Very impressed with the bay park he did, and at speed too! I didn’t win by the way, managed fourth.

Waco:

mucker85:

thelorryist:

The lights on the trailer are still working, maybe they have an undermounted setup.

Could be something similar to this setup

youtube.com/watch?v=xM_vMXThvHQ

I like that but imagine the cost for a fleet. Also the damage done when drivers don’t back up in a straight line. And then there’s all the crap that will collect if its being pulled by a truck using a conventional 5th wheel. 10/10 for innovation though.

:smiley:

madiganzo:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

suzies are connected. i can see them. big firms had things like this going on but at slower speeds. more to do with acuracy and driving safely though. brs,royal mail,ncl…them type of firms.