Can this be spotted

a driver on knowing he was going to be late finishing and this would jeopardise his overtime on saturday took trailer on last run of night and had to go ALL way round m25 because of tunnel closure and it was doubledecker from dartford drop. driver was off for 9 hrs 0055 to 0955 then started fresh shift , BUT did not finish shift till gone 3 am RAN 2HRS without card on above route !! driver now on hols until 27th and did not download card before his hos .we are on isotrak who will and when will this be spotted IF AT ALL ,OR has he got away with it ■■?

Surely when they download the info off the actual tacho it will flag up its been used with no card??

When the Co download the vehicle head unit that will see a massive amount of missing mileage and upon digging deeper the info will be apparent when it happened and also who was driving immediately before this event, so I’d say that if they are on top of their game (which they aught to be) then yes it will come out.

A few k’s here or there without a card can be “lost” and put down as on site movement by fitters etc, but it ain’t the 1980’s anymore so this stuff is viewed seriously.

Hang him!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Surely someone would have spotted it on his timesheet, as stated a huge amount of missing mileage should be spotted within a few days or a week at the very most.

As everyone else has said, the driving with no card inserted (or no manual records to correspond) will be flagged up by the tacho analysis once the VU download is done.
Short movements shunting in the yard without a card in can be ignored, but two hours of constant driving, and the distance that was covered, is not going to go unnoticed. And the same applies if DVSA were to do a VU download (or check through the company’s records at a later date).

So if the operator values their licence they will need to be able to prove they have investigated the unaccounted for driving and given someone a severe bollocking as a result.

A few drivers at our place got the sack for this, one of the drivers pulled his card only 10 mins from depot.

I hope he enjoys his holiday could be out of the job when he’s back. They’re gonna find out once he downloads especially if they have trackers. muppet. :unamused:

supermatt:
I hope he enjoys his holiday could be out of the job when he’s back. They’re gonna find out once he downloads especially if they have trackers. muppet. :unamused:

EXACTLY my thoughts but he is off for a month and timesheets etc seem to go into hiding i was told that isotrak do trace logs and must see this ,prob as we are a satellite depot and away from the mainstream transport office etc ,i think my manager is aware of this situation but may choose to cover it up if poss, but i believe the driver if he gets away with it this time WILL do it again for his financial gain !!! he is a royal pain in arse for the other drives on the contract and could jeopardise us all ,

topmixer11:

supermatt:

EXACTLY my thoughts but he is off for a month and timesheets etc seem to go into hiding i was told that isotrak do trace logs and must see this ,prob as we are a satellite depot and away from the mainstream transport office etc ,i think my manager is aware of this situation but may choose to cover it up if poss, but i believe the driver if he gets away with it this time WILL do it again for his financial gain !!! he is a royal pain in arse for the other drives on the contract and could jeopardise us all ,

Grass him up. If you believe his greed and foolishness is jeopardising your livelihood, then it’s pretty clear what you should do. Should your wife and kids have to suffer because this cowboy wont do his job properly?

How is it you know about it? Has he been bragging about it?

Malky80:

topmixer11:

supermatt:

Grass him up. If you believe his greed and foolishness is jeopardising your livelihood, then it’s pretty clear what you should do. Should your wife and kids have to suffer because this cowboy wont do his job properly?

Grass him up? Really! You arnt Scottish you recently moved here right?

Either mind your own business or deal with him face to face don’t be a ■■■■■

Topmixer… I don’t think you’ will get away with it :wink:

yt03:
Topmixer… I don’t think you’ will get away with it :wink:

LOL trust me was not me im not that desperate to work saturdays i would risk everything

Just let them crack on, it will all come out… Like someone said above’ you can’t do it these days.

Topmixer11, knowing he broke the law and didn’t report him to your manager might make you accomplice in the eyes of the law :grimacing:

Dolph:
Topmixer11, knowing he broke the law and didn’t report him to your manager might make you accomplice in the eyes of the law :grimacing:

will i go prison :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: as above i think my manager was made aware but may sweep it under carpet that concerns me more :exclamation: :exclamation: I GOT smacked botttom once for forgetting to set otherwork while unloading on bay it showed on isotrak when they done a check on my vehicle few weeks after . :blush: :blush: :blush: so things must get flagged using this technology but does it always get passed on to revelant dept .

topmixer11:

Dolph:

will i go prison :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: as above i think my manager was made aware but may sweep it under carpet that concerns me more :exclamation: :exclamation: I GOT smacked botttom once for forgetting to set otherwork while unloading on bay it showed on isotrak when they done a check on my vehicle few weeks after . :blush: :blush: :blush: so things must get flagged using this technology but does it always get passed on to revelant dept .

The green emoticon was meant to show that I was kidding. On the side note, if you know for sure a driver in the company you drive for is driving illegally and cause an accident with fatalities you might be held accountable for not stepping forward. At least in US is like this, I don’t know UK laws, but better be safe then sorry.
At one of my trucking job(single, over the road for few months) the manager wanted me to “cook the books”, I told him if he try to force me by any means I’m calling USDOT, he didn’t spoke to me for a week, only the dispatcher did, never had problems with him again. :smiley: :smiley:

yt03:
Surely when they download the info off the actual tacho it will flag up its been used with no card??

like with me.
86 km without Card in the Tacho,…on 6th March. (During i was in California) :slight_smile:

Ryy86:

Malky80:

topmixer11:

supermatt:

Grass him up? Really! You arnt Scottish you recently moved here right?

Either mind your own business or deal with him face to face don’t be a ■■■■■

It is his business. He did say that the d-head was jeopardising all their jobs. A-holes like that don’t listen to anyone. There are far too many bawbags in this industry who think they can take the law into their own hands. The sooner we are all rid of those types, the better. I’m Scottish to the core m8. What has my country of birth got to do with anything?

Thing is, there are as many dodgy companies, as there are dodgy drivers out there. :confused: How many people would suggest grassing their employer up to the authorities though?

Personally I don’t give a monkeys chuff what other drivers do (or not). Half the world’s starving, a quarter of the world is at war and yet the most important thing in life is somebody else’s tachograph use?