Can they do this

went to my collection, reversed on bay ,locked truck, then handed in keys,15 pallets to load up, we loaded up 10 as that was all that was ready,loader said itll be about a hour before the other 5 are ready so i went off with mate to have a coffee, we then walked back round and as we turned the corner to the bays mate says there a bloke in your truck, for a minute i thought what the zb hell as hes reversing on to bay, then i realised its not my truck, id got a 6 legger and this is a 4 legger, so panic sets in, wheres my zb truck gone :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , any way runs towards bloke but loading bay blokes stops me and said due to a urgent collection comming in, and mines not ready this driver had pulled mine of bay , parked it up round back , and put his on bay, i obviously wasnt very happy but after checking truck i calmed down as nothing was amiss apart from hed left the doors wide open and switched the fridge off with 10 pallets of fresh cream cakes on board.
now i just wondered as it not our depot but a customers can they just move your truck as and when they need to[ i know its not my truck but obviously all my kit was in it, ill give the bloke who moved it credit, he did relock it all up] , ive never had it before , what would happen if hed damaged it, what would happen if any of my kit had gone missing

ady1:
went to my collection, reversed on bay ,locked truck, then handed in keys,15 pallets to load up, we loaded up 10 as that was all that was ready,loader said itll be about a hour before the other 5 are ready so i went off with mate to have a coffee, we then walked back round and as we turned the corner to the bays mate says there a bloke in your truck, for a minute i thought what the zb hell as hes reversing on to bay, then i realised its not my truck, id got a 6 legger and this is a 4 legger, so panic sets in, wheres my zb truck gone :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , any way runs towards bloke but loading bay blokes stops me and said due to a urgent collection comming in, and mines not ready this driver had pulled mine of bay , parked it up round back , and put his on bay, i obviously wasnt very happy but after checking truck i calmed down as nothing was amiss apart from hed left the doors wide open and switched the fridge off with 10 pallets of fresh cream cakes on board.
now i just wondered as it not our depot but a customers can they just move your truck as and when they need to[ i know its not my truck but obviously all my kit was in it, ill give the bloke who moved it credit, he did relock it all up] , ive never had it before , what would happen if hed damaged it, what would happen if any of my kit had gone missing

i would knock him out !

not too sure to b honest regarding moving the truck, was the place a main place you go to, was the driver who moved your truck from the same firm?

ady1:

so did he leave it open or did he lock it all up :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i would have kicked off on them, like you said what would have happened if any of your stuff was missing?

have you mentioned this to your boss?

it might be another reason not to hand your keys in next time.

what did your boss say

to answer your question, NO, they are not allowed to do that, they should have come and found you adn asked you to move it, or put the other truck on a different bay.

he/they would not be insured to drive your vehicle

personally, i would have rattled his teeth :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:
to answer your question, NO, they are not allowed to do that, they should have come and found you adn asked you to move it, or put the other truck on a different bay.

tbh i think they want a shot of big blue if they did it with you.

Apart from theinsurance aspect, there would also be problems regarding tacho infringements etc.
I am surprised that the other driver agreed to do this, leaving himself open to all kinds of accusations, from missing money in the cab to damage to the vehicle or buildings etc.

mark h:

ady1:

i would knock him out !

not too sure to b honest regarding moving the truck, was the place a main place you go to, was the driver who moved your truck from the same firm?

yep he was a night driver, and it is a regular pick up, but never had it before, never had to pull off bay before, id of just thought theyd of put out call over tannoy or come and got you from canteen, think it was more the truck being gone,i just jumped to the conclusion as did my mate, someone had pinched the truck and matey was reversing on empty bay

gogzy:

shuttlespanker:

tbh i think they want a shot of big blue if they did it with you.

if that happens with Big Blue, teeth would not only be rattled, they would have to be picked up after i had finished with the person who moved it, then it would be the turn of the goods in knobber who authorised it :open_mouth:

Cant believe they got another driver to move your truck, if anything had happened while he was moving it surely the implications wouldve been severe? Guess some people dont value their licence/job all that much :confused:

that is theft.

limeyphil:
that is theft.

““Theft” is to permanently deprive the owner of”

The truck was simply moved.

ady1:

mark h:

ady1:

i would knock him out !

yep he was a night driver, and it is a regular pick up, but never had it before, never had to pull off bay before, id of just thought theyd of put out call over tannoy or come and got you from canteen, think it was more the truck being gone,i just jumped to the conclusion as did my mate, someone had pinched the truck and matey was reversing on empty bay

Bearing mind the bits I’ve highlighted in red and green above, I’m now failing to see the problem - assuming I’m reading this right and the other driver worked for the same company as you? We do it regularly at customers, in dock queues, and in our own yard. It’s also common practice on 43 Berth at Tilbury if you’re stuck behind someone from a different firm but you know them - which you probably will if you and they are both regulars. We all leave our keys in for that very reason, and the place is covered by CCTV so there’s never any issue when it saves you losing your place in the queue because you needed a ■■■■. If you don’t want anyone to move it, you take your keys with you.

I can understand the failing to shut the back doors bit ■■■■■■■ you off, but if getting him on the bay and out of the way meant everything got moving quicker and you were away sooner, where’s the fire? :neutral_face:

ok then,

unlawful taking of a motor vehicle.

Either you lock your cab up and keep the keys in your pocket, or you hand them over to someone else, but if you had got your ten pallets on then they tell you to move the truck because they want to put another one on the bay, most people would kick off at that too.

In this case, there isn’t any damage or anything missing. I don’t really see a problem. It is not your truck, it is a company truck. It is not theft, no one has stolen it, it is not unlawful taking as it is still there. As the driver works for the same company, and if there is any damage done, you simply report it to the boss.

ady1:

mark h:

ady1:

i would knock him out !

was he from the same firm as you, or the same firm as you were collecting from?

I’d make surethere was something missing, call the cops and kick off big style! :smiley:

I can understand the failing to shut the back doors bit ■■■■■■■ you off, but if getting him on the bay and out of the way meant everything got moving quicker and you were away sooner, where’s the fire?

Just goes to show how thick you are !!! Fresh FOOD…doors open…brain dead or what

Lucy:

ady1:

mark h:

ady1:

i would knock him out !

Bearing mind the bits I’ve highlighted in red and green above, I’m now failing to see the problem - assuming I’m reading this right and the other driver worked for the same company as you? We do it regularly at customers, in dock queues, and in our own yard. It’s also common practice on 43 Berth at Tilbury if you’re stuck behind someone from a different firm but you know them - which you probably will if you and they are both regulars. We all leave our keys in for that very reason, and the place is covered by CCTV so there’s never any issue when it saves you losing your place in the queue because you needed a ■■■■. If you don’t want anyone to move it, you take your keys with you.

I can understand the failing to shut the back doors bit ■■■■■■■ you off, but if getting him on the bay and out of the way meant everything got moving quicker and you were away sooner, where’s the fire? :neutral_face:

Hello. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Dunno then?:

limeyphil:
that is theft.

““Theft” is to permanently deprive the owner of”

The truck was simply moved.

it comes under TWOC, taking without owners consent.

I’m with Lucy and Wheel Nut i don’t see the problem if the driver is from the same company you are from, since you are no doubt both insured to drive these vehicles and both are responsable to the same person if something gets damaged.

Its happend to me before ive been away getting something to eat out a kebab ship when delivering some place and they finished loading early, so another driver from our company took it off the bay and parked it up.

Would be a problem if the driver moving the truck didn’t work for the company then not insured and a right hassle if he damages the truck.