Can someone give me a definitive answer

Having C+E manual and then passing D incl PCV initial dcpc

You will get D+E manual

If you have LGV dcpc aquired rights then you will get a DQC dated mar/apr 2018 for PCV and 09/09/2014 LGV if not got all 35 periodic hours
Once all 35 periodic hours completed before 09/09/2014 will get a DQC expiry dated mar/apr 2023 for both LGV & PCV

Related to this topic, is this a mistake on the DVLA website?
If you hold B,C1 and D1 and take C+E you get B+E and C1+E but not D1+E, but if you hold the same categories and take C1+E you do get D1+E, it must be wrong because you can’t take C+E without C.
Rog, it’s time for a strongly worded letter to DVLA!! :smiley:

1968kg:

If you hold B,C1 and D1 and take C+E you get B+E and C1+E but not D1+E, but if you hold the same categories and take C1+E you do get D1+E, it must be wrong because you can’t take C+E without C.

It is not an error or an omission

Sub categories are not shown when the main category is

This is the same for the licence

I contacted the dvla via there online form, they have confirmed that if you sit a c+e test, then after do D, you will recieve d1+e and d+e

Hope that clears things :stuck_out_tongue:

Danny

danny4646:
I contacted the dvla via there online form, they have confirmed that if you sit a c+e test, then after do D, you will recieve d1+e and d+e

Danny

You will if the person updating your license is clued up enough. :slight_smile:

dar1976:

danny4646:

Danny

You will if the person updating your license is clued up enough. :slight_smile:

Have you got it sorted now?

Yes although I had to send it back and get a manager to manually verify it. It took an extra 8 weeks as you end up at the bottom of a backlogged pile.

I would always advise you double check your categories upon return of your licence and take a photocopy of all sides of your licence before sending it away.

ROG:

1968kg:

It is not an error or an omission

Sub categories are not shown when the main category is

This is the same for the licence

Read it again Rog, the table says if you take a C+E test you don’t get D1+E, but if you take a C1+E test you do get D1+E, this surely can’t be right.
It also suggests you can take a C+E test when you have a C1, again you surely need to hold C before you take C+E.

I need a link to where that photo is from please

ROG:

gov.uk/adding-higher-catego … ng-licence

dar1976:

ROG:

gov.uk/adding-higher-catego … ng-licence

Thank you

They are 100% correct because they are only referring to trailer entitlements = +Es

I must be being a bit thick about it, because it makes no sense to me, can you explain it Rog?

1. Why does C+E test not upgrade D1 to D1+E, when C1+E test does?
  2. How can you take a C+E test if you don’t have C?

1968kg:
I must be being a bit thick about it, because it makes no sense to me, can you explain it Rog?

1. Why does C+E test not upgrade D1 to D1+E, when C1+E test does?
  2. How can you take a C+E test if you don’t have C?

1 - it does - it says it does
2 - where are you getting that from on that page ? - please remember it is only referring to trailer upgrades

Look at the 5th line, it says under ‘licence held’ B,C1,D1 then ‘test taken’ C+E ‘upgrading’ B+E and C1+E
Look at the 3rd line, it says under ‘licence held’ B,C1,D1 then ‘test taken’ C1+E 'upgrading B+E,and D1+E

1968kg:
Look at the 5th line, it says under ‘licence held’ B,C1,D1 then ‘test taken’ C+E ‘upgrading’ B+E and C1+E
Look at the 3rd line, it says under ‘licence held’ B,C1,D1 then ‘test taken’ C1+E 'upgrading B+E,and D1+E

It does read like that but the first box tells you that you need a full C to do the C+E. That site, although official, isn’t always clear.

Granted, but the last line shows ‘licence held’ B,C1,C,D1,D. And it still doesn’t explain point 1.

There is lots of info missing such as B+E will have a different expiry date than the other upgrades

ROG:

Yes, this part is on the last line of that box in the link.

1968kg:
Granted, but the last line shows ‘licence held’ B,C1,C,D1,D. And it still doesn’t explain point 1.

I see what you mean - they missed D1+E off when it should be there

mrpj:

ROG:

Yes, this part is on the last line of that box in the link.

Yes, but do you get what I’m saying about the 3rd and 5th lines?