Can someone explain this holiday pay

I’m not settling with nights so looking at jobs , this is not far , all shifts , so hopefully days , £11.86 ph bit disappointing but not the end of the world , but holiday concerns me , is this rolled up again
We also offer a new entirely optional alternative holiday pay arrangement where a driver can receive a payment of holiday as you work rather than holiday being accrued to be taken at a later date
It’s with driving plus ( anyone heard of them ) , it’s on hgv jobs Grantham , indeed
I’m not sure if this is what I had with lp , Paid weekly or kept in a pot , seems similar but is it ? Ta

Just stop this please

idrive:
Just stop this please

If I wanted your input I’d ask , I don’t

Ask the company offering the job?
If it isn’t clear send an email, and get a written reply.
If you can’t understand the reply, then maybe they are trying to hide summat?
If it is “explained” over the phone it means nowt. (A verbal contract ain’t worth the paper it’s written on)
In any case you can put a link up here to see of anyone can explain it to you.

Franglais:
Ask the company offering the job?
If it isn’t clear send an email, and get a written reply.
If you can’t understand the reply, then maybe they are trying to hide summat?
If it is “explained” over the phone it means nowt. (A verbal contract ain’t worth the paper it’s written on)
In any case you can put a link up here to see of anyone can explain it to you.

Normally this would be relevant advice to someone asking the same question, however seeing as it’s Dozy then he’s clearly trolling again.

Don’t worry about it as he’ll be back working for the green death and LP within weeks, as Dopey has posted several of these threads over the years, but somehow he always ends up back with the Green Death and LP doing what he’s done countless times

Staffline is doing the same thing since Ltd is as good As finished. Instead of holidays, they pay you a extra hourly rate. So if you on say £13hr they give you extra £1.60hr instead of holidays. The more your hourly rate the higher the holiday pay, eg £16.75hr you get extra £2.02hr. So the choice is yours paid holidays or extra money.

I think driver plus is part of staffline but I maybe wrong.

How do people find agencies that don’t do it properly? Over quarter of a century I’ve worked for agencies and never had anything like this with holiday pay.

Is there some kind of special place you have to go to find agencies that try to screw you over with holiday pay?

elsa Lad:
Staffline is doing the same thing since Ltd is as good As finished. Instead of holidays, they pay you a extra hourly rate. So if you on say £13hr they give you extra £1.60hr instead of holidays.

That’s not legal. Rolling up holiday pay into the hourly rate is not legal and a savvy driver could have the agency’s pants down if they took holiday, didn’t get paid and took it to a tribunal. The agency wouldn’t be able to argue it was rolled into the hourly rate because that’s illegal so they’d end up having to pay the driver for the 28 days annual leave not at the £13/hr but at the £14.60.

It depends what you signed for when being taken on - there should always be a contract of employment whatever you do - unless you work for the Krays or the Richardson Gang.

If it states in the small print the enhanced/no holiday pay nonsense and you sign for it…

If S/E that’s different but if tax is deducted by the agency you are entitled to 28 days paid holiday per year if working a 5 day week.

So as said above illegal and just another agency scam.

They’ll try anything to catch the unwary and an enhanced hourly rate is the hook.

Socketset:
It depends what you signed for when being taken on - there should always be a contract of employment whatever you do - unless you work for the Krays or the Richardson Gang.

If it states in the small print the enhanced/no holiday pay nonsense and you sign for it…

If S/E that’s different but if tax is deducted by the agency you are entitled to 28 days paid holiday per year if working a 5 day week.

So as said above illegal and just another agency scam.

They’ll try anything to catch the unwary and an enhanced hourly rate is the hook.

Would signing a contract for less than the minimum wage, make paying that legal?
Surely not.
But go look at the Gov site. They don’t prosecute illegal bosses. Those that try it on have nowt to lose.

Conor:
How do people find agencies that don’t do it properly? Over quarter of a century I’ve worked for agencies and never had anything like this with holiday pay.

Is there some kind of special place you have to go to find agencies that try to screw you over with holiday pay?

elsa Lad:
Staffline is doing the same thing since Ltd is as good As finished. Instead of holidays, they pay you a extra hourly rate. So if you on say £13hr they give you extra £1.60hr instead of holidays.

That’s not legal. Rolling up holiday pay into the hourly rate is not legal and a savvy driver could have the agency’s pants down if they took holiday, didn’t get paid and took it to a tribunal. The agency wouldn’t be able to argue it was rolled into the hourly rate because that’s illegal so they’d end up having to pay the driver for the 28 days annual leave not at the £13/hr but at the £14.60.

Take it from me, its aimed at those who cross over from Ltd they have the option of either being paid the extra in the rate, or getting holiday pay in the usual manor when they take time off to go to Benidorm etc. The increased top up is aimed at those such as Stan, Phillip and Slav who want to max their hours and not take any holiday, much in the same way they did as a Ltd Co driver

Any way lets get back to the plot, how long before Dopey gives up his annual quest to find another job and goes back driving for the Green Death?

Yes this is aimed at the Ltd driver, I thought it’s a bit of a grey area if it’s legal or not but Staffline a huge agency so their legal team must have checked it out. Most of the drivers where I work have taken the option.

Rolled-up holiday pay
Holiday pay should be paid for the time when annual leave is taken. An employer cannot include an amount for holiday pay in the hourly rate (known as ‘rolled-up holiday pay’).

If a current contract still includes rolled-up pay, it needs to be re-negotiated.

You can also contact the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) with questions about general holiday pay issues.

Acas
Telephone: 0300 123 11 00
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

“Holiday entitlement: Holiday pay - GOV.UKgov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … the-basics

peirre:
Any way lets get back to the plot, how long before Dopey gives up his annual quest to find another job and goes back driving for the Green Death?

He’ll retire…

To Spain first and then come back and drive for Eddie.

Seem to remember that the practice was outlawed years ago and it seems to have been happening more and more again. I don’t know what the loophole is, whether it is only available on umbrella etc etc.

It seems to sometimes be used as a way of advertising a slightly elevated rate possibly to get more interest in adverts.

In terms of working out if you are better off in the long-run - probably not. Each week you get a certain amount of pay for which you don’t have to pay NI and everything above that you have to pay. In the weeks where you aren’t working, you wouldn’t be using your allowance of money taken out of NI consideration.

Also throw in that you wouldn’t be earning any NI credit in weeks you aren’t earning. You need a certain amount of qualifying weeks in a year so it could potentially come into play in certain circumstances. This of course has the potential to affect state pension.

Conor:

elsa Lad:

Driving Plus is Staffline and while hardly a paragon of morality they are a business with a billion pound turnover. The amount of adverts I’m seeing offering rolled up HP it must be legal somehow, it’s not just dodgy backstreet agencies.

yourhavingalarf:

peirre:

He’ll retire…

To Spain first and then come back and drive for Eddie.

Retire to Spain?
How good is a Stobart pension then?

I see it on a lot of ads at the moment too, including one my mare sent to me which said something off the top of my head similar to “hourly rate includes holiday payment”

Like many I’ve thought tolled up holiday was banned now, and little old me reading the rules it certainly seems that it should he that way, but theres obviously a loophole somewhere because it’s reasonably common at the moment.