Can someone explain this holiday pay

peirre:
Take it from me, its aimed at those who cross over from Ltd they have the option of either being paid the extra in the rate, or getting holiday pay in the usual manor when they take time off to go to Benidorm etc. The increased top up is aimed at those such as Stan, Phillip and Slav who want to max their hours and not take any holiday, much in the same way they did as a Ltd Co driver

Again not legal but this time due to a breach of the Working Time Directive. A company have to force an employee to take a minimum 20 days pro rata leave whether they want to or not.

Just remembered the other side of the coin, which is that it is sometimes difficult to extract the correct holiday pay. Various methods exist including preying on the ill-informed (people sometimes don’t know they can take paid holiday), time limits, incorrect calculation, only paying “full days”. The list possibly goes on.

Essentially if you let them keep your holiday pay, most will. Very few will issue reminders and some may resist paying to the point where you have to involve ACAS.

ACAS is an arbitration service. It imposes no penalties etc.
An employer “trying it on” may be asked to actually obey the law.
Heads, they win.
Tails, they don’t lose.

Franglais, ACAS is the compulsory step before employment tribunal. I believe withholding holiday pay is an unlawful deduction of wages. The involvement of ACAS is often enough to show the agency you are serious. I believe the aim is to avoid too many cases actually going to tribunal, saving time and expense.

Noremac:
Franglais, ACAS is the compulsory step before employment tribunal. I believe withholding holiday pay is an unlawful deduction of wages. The involvement of ACAS is often enough to show the agency you are serious. I believe the aim is to avoid too many cases actually going to tribunal, saving time and expense.

I won’t argue against that.
But ACAS is no deterrent to anyone trying it on, surely?

Franglais:

Noremac:

I won’t argue against that.
But ACAS is no deterrent to anyone trying it on, surely?

Well, no it isn’t really. A company can take it right up until just before a tribunal date and then decide to settle through ACAS at the last minute. If you have brought a case you could insist on more than you are owed to settle at that point though.

Conor:
Again not legal but this time due to a breach of the Working Time Directive. A company have to force an employee to take a minimum 20 days pro rata leave whether they want to or not.

You are forgetting that 99.9% of agency driver are only doing the work for a short time between full time jobs. It’s only a limited number of drivers that actually work with agencies for more than a year or longer, and take holidays and holiday pay in the traditional way, as most of them as Ltd drivers worked for multiple agencies.
So if they only work for Staffline for a few months they will want to take as much money in as short as possible timescale

yourhavingalarf:
He’ll retire…

To Spain first and then come back and drive for Eddie.

We previously rumbled his Spanish dream was a myth when he posted a pic of his new Spanish Gaf,it turned out to be a stock google image pic which was easily reversed searched

peirre:

Conor:

You are forgetting that 99.9% of agency driver are only doing the work for a short time between full time jobs. It’s only a limited number of drivers that actually work with agencies for more than a year or longer, and take holidays and holiday pay in the traditional way, as most of them as Ltd drivers worked for multiple agencies.
So if they only work for Staffline for a few months they will want to take as much money in as short as possible timescale

yourhavingalarf:
He’ll retire…

To Spain first and then come back and drive for Eddie.

We previously rumbled his Spanish dream was a myth when he posted a pic of his new Spanish Gaf,it turned out to be a stock google image pic which was easily reversed searched

I’d strongly dispute that, a much much bigger proportion of agency drivers are doing it completely by choice as it suits them better than conventional full time employment.

When you are like myself and conor who have been doing it for a decade or two, then you can call it a career choice

dozy:
I’m not settling with nights so looking at jobs , this is not far , all shifts , so hopefully days , £11.86 ph bit disappointing but not the end of the world , but holiday concerns me , is this rolled up again
We also offer a new entirely optional alternative holiday pay arrangement where a driver can receive a payment of holiday as you work rather than holiday being accrued to be taken at a later date
It’s with driving plus ( anyone heard of them ) , it’s on hgv jobs Grantham , indeed
I’m not sure if this is what I had with lp , Paid weekly or kept in a pot , seems similar but is it ? Ta

dozy:

idrive:
Just stop this please

If I wanted your input I’d ask , I don’t

But you did ask,on a public forum,real question though is not can someone explain…but could you understand?doubtful

lynchy:

dozy:

idrive:
Just stop this please

If I wanted your input I’d ask , I don’t

But you did ask,on a public forum,real question though is not can someone explain…but could you understand?doubtful

To be fair mate he only wants input from people who haven’t already explained to him several times over just how hard he is being shafted.
Or those that don’t yet know he is a pathetic troll with a nasty streak.

idrive:
.Or those that don’t yet know he is a pathetic troll with a nasty streak.

Shouldn’t that be “with a tasty steak”?