Can I get?

Ok so although it wasn’t planned I’ve ended up doing some multi drop work (and been enjoying it surprisingly) but what I wanted to know is…
Does a sat nav or an app for my phone exist where by I can pump in multiple postcodes/addresses and it work out the best route for the lot?

Interested to hear what devices/soft wear you guys have and how it holds up…

Thanks

you can do it on google maps but i don’t know of…(any device) ?

My Snooper has a feature for multi-route, I dont do multi drops so don’t know if its any good!

Having a mooch on google maps as we speak.

Hi Rattray,

I was looking for something similar with no luck, although a poster above mentions Snooper.

Try this though -

gebweb.net/optimap/

Just keep on hitting your post codes in, then click ‘Calculate Fastest Roundtrip’.

It’s impressively (instantly) fast at finding locations and calculating fastest routes, it just means you have to commit them to memory so would help if you were local!

Cheers

I have a snooper sat nav (s7000 i think). It does have a multidrop route planner. i have used it in past when i did agency. I found it very useful and it could program up to 20 drops i think. You just put in your postcodes etc, in any order and it will organise them to the most efficent route. It was really useful at the time. Only thing is, a snooper isnt that cheap to buy.

The lower spec and cheaper snooper has that facility, s2500 :wink:

Just played with a multi route on my Snooper S8000, I normally just put one destination in at a time or occasionally multi route (but I put the order in myself, usually got a few timed deliveries & the most direct route isn’t always the best route).

When you put a route in (up to 20 drops) there’s a little swirly arrow on the bottom of the screen, press that & it sorts them out in order. Cool, :sunglasses:

I’ve only had it a year & just discovered this function. :unamused:

Sounds like I need a snooper.
To late for one on my christmas
List?

Sent u a message

Ive got a snooper truckmate s5000 for sale. Ive sent you a message.

What about a map.Much cheaper and never lets you down!

I think if he wanted a map he may have asked for one :wink:

albion1971:
What about a map.Much cheaper and never lets you down!

-:-

^^

I tend to input the postcode for the next drop as I go along.
Im looking at tomorrows route on 3 drops N. Wales, and it looks like my TT doesnt enable me to do multi drop route inputs.
However my Garmin PND does allow me to input routes, albeit via the mapsource software on my PC then upload it to the PND. This is what I use to plan my summer jollies across Europe on the motorbike

If you have an iphone or android then copilot truck or Renault truck nav will handle it without problem

Alix776 you are the man!!!

When I read the topic subject, I thought I was no longer alone in getting irritated with people at coffee/food counters saying “can I get?” rather than “can/could I have?”

There is an app called route4me which will optimise up to five stops for free - after that you have to buy credits.

When I had my iphone I had an app called route4me, it supposedly gave you the best route for situations like you said in your current job, I never got round to using the app so cant say if it was any good or not

I have Copilot GPS on my iPad, it’s not the truck one but works really well. I haven’t had a problem with it.

You can punch in multiple addresses, it’ll then work out the best order to do them in and the best route.