Can I get?

grumpybum:
When I read the topic subject, I thought I was no longer alone in getting irritated with people at coffee/food counters saying “can I get?” rather than “can/could I have?”

There is an app called route4me which will optimise up to five stops for free - after that you have to buy credits.

I noticed the same thing ,can I get ,bugs me too ,is it a southern saying ?

Dan Punchard:

grumpybum:
When I read the topic subject, I thought I was no longer alone in getting irritated with people at coffee/food counters saying “can I get?” rather than “can/could I have?”

There is an app called route4me which will optimise up to five stops for free - after that you have to buy credits.

Us suvveners talk propa I’ll ave you know, it’s you norvern lot who bug us :laughing:

selby newcomer:

Dan Punchard:

grumpybum:

Us suvveners talk propa I’ll ave you know, it’s you norvern lot who bug us :laughing:

I think it’s an Americanism - straight from Friend’s Central Perk. That’s where it belongs - not in Watford Gap services :unamused:

grumpybum:

selby newcomer:

Dan Punchard:

grumpybum:

I think it’s an Americanism - straight from Friend’s Central Perk. That’s where it belongs - not in Watford Gap services :unamused:

Another one who takes life too seriously, chill out will ya ffs, the little laughing face on the end of my comment was to show it was a little tongue in cheek comment, bloody northerners :grimacing:

grumpybum:

selby newcomer:

Dan Punchard:

grumpybum:

my daughter uses Americanisms. It really does my head in. Not every sentence ends with a question mark.

Snooper s8500 I have it and it’s great but make sure you get the truckmate version

Google Maps. Just to the left where you put the post code in, keep adding all the new ones you need. If you have never been to the drop before you can use street view to check what the destination looks like to make it easier to spot when your out.

I think there is a way of saving the routes down as well so you can log in and use them on the Google maps app on your mobile phone so you have your device as well now if you have a smart phone or tablet. :smiley:

Hope it helps.

BamBam82:
Google Maps. Just to the left where you put the post code in, keep adding all the new ones you need. If you have never been to the drop before you can use street view to check what the destination looks like to make it easier to spot when your out.

I think there is a way of saving the routes down as well so you can log in and use them on the Google maps app on your mobile phone so you have your device as well now if you have a smart phone or tablet. :smiley:

Hope it helps.

I email the link to myself, after setting the next days route, then just open it up on the IPhone/google maps.

I am lucky as I see most of my work the night before so if I dont know the area I do a quick google street view when I get home, and yes google maps save each postcode I check even from my pc to my phone, this and my snooper with the back up of the Philips map and occasionally a phone call (did I admit that :blush: ) gets me where I need to be :smiley:

Drift:
I am lucky as I see most of my work the night before so if I dont know the area I do a quick google street view when I get home, and yes google maps save each postcode I check even from my pc to my phone, this and my snooper with the back up of the Philips map and occasionally a phone call (did I admit that :blush: ) gets me where I need to be :smiley:

‘Phone Call’ ?

Don’t be silly ! That’s showing initiative.
According to some people on here, you’re not supposed to use your own phone, even if the minutes are free on the contract !

You are supposed to drive around looking confused (like a Jonny Foreigner on an industrial estate) causing huge tailbacks & sending Audi & BMW driving Reps into road rage ! Lol.

I have one customer who doesn’t allow phone calls the day before incase the load gets rejected he’d sooner send it and charge if it gets sent back.

Dan Punchard:
I have one customer who doesn’t allow phone calls the day before incase the load gets rejected he’d sooner send it and charge if it gets sent back.

How can you ‘not allow’ phone calls?
Ring ring… hello

Good morning, I’m calling from fluffy duck transport about your delivery tomorrow

:open_mouth: this phone call is banned! your breaking our company policy! I’ll have to report you! Do this again and you’ll be banned from site!.. :frowning: oh I’ll have to report myself too, ■■■■, one more phone call like this and I’ll be sacked :cry:

I’d ring up every morning to confirm delivery times :imp:

Dan Punchard:

I can see your point, I’ve rang up before for directions (when I’ve been minutes away) only to be told “we don’t need that load now”

I still arrive on site & get my notes signed anyway (for financial reasons, Lol)

When i passed my car test i did a month on parcels.
When we were empty (before mobile phones) we had to ring the operator and do a reverse charge call to the boss, the operator would say to the boss (you can hear the conversation as you are waiting to be put thru) hello i have someone calling you from a phonebox in Cambridge(or wherever), will you accept the charges? To which my boss would say yes and be put thru to me only if he had a collection for me to do.
Or, if there was nothing to pick up he would say no i wont accept the call, and i that meant no collections, come home empty.

martinviking:

Dan Punchard:

I can see your point, I’ve rang up before for directions (when I’ve been minutes away) only to be told “we don’t need that load now”

I still arrive on site & get my notes signed anyway (for financial reasons, Lol)

I only rang once ,with in minutes not just one drop was cancelled but the whole day,if I didn’t ring I would have got paid to bring that drop back after doing the others ,however I do ring with other customers just not this one.