Can anyone add 2units and drivers to there insurance policy

Hi guys can anybody add my 2 tractor units and drivers to there insurance policy for 1 week so I can drive the units out to Europe for registration ? Please any one that can help. Send me your price to do this ?

It’s only needed for the stop check if any on the way out at Dover and for the police road checks throughout Europe .once I arrive you can cancel me from your policy

Send me your prices.

Many thanks

are these the units being sent to Bulgaria and driven by members on here ?

If so , can someone find me the popcorn emoticon :laughing: :laughing:

I doubt an insurance company would do this, I’m willing to stand corrected but I believe that the vehicles either have to be on the O licence, or the insurer needs to see a copy of the hire agreement if they are hired in.

Don’t think they need to be on the o license Harry just need room on it as you can hire in as long as it’s not for over ? Days (30 I think) that’s why you hold them but take them off hire on the weekend wben not needed this gets round the need to get the disc’s :wink:

OK, thanks. I won’t be tempted to take up the OP’s offer though, and to be honest I think most operators wouldn’t… I’d refer the OP back to my earlier answer on one of the other threads, to phone a broker for a quote.

gotta be jackanory time… :wink:

cliffystephens:
gotta be jackanory time… :wink:

Being charitable, perhaps the OP is simply a little naive, but it is hard to imagine any operator doing what he proposes- the risks are massive.

I have suggested to him that he simply phones Towergate- after all, that’s what I would have to do to add them to my policy- so why would the OP pay me a substantial fee for something he could do himself?

I must just say that there seems to be murky water in this whole business…

I could add then to my traders policy and they would show as insured.

However to so this I would need to see and copy drivers licences from the drivers and in some way be seen to employ the drivers.

I personally would no more do this than I would hand someone my debit card and PIN.

What would happen if there was an accident? My insurance would be claimed against buggering up my policy for next year (protected no claims or not)

If you have 2 units and 2 drivers then why don’t u have ur own insurance or if ur in the business of buying and selling would u not have trade plates. Seriously how stupid do you think people are.

Tipper Tom:
I personally would no more do this than I would hand someone my debit card and PIN.

You still not letting Mrs TT have your bank card then :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mrs TT occasionally allows me to look fondly at our bank cards. Generally through the window of the car as she disappears off with them

Tipper Tom:
Mrs TT occasionally allows me to look fondly at our bank cards. Generally through the window of the car as she disappears off with them

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tipper Tom:

I think a Bulgarian border guard would insist on seeing an original Certificate of Motor Insurance and green card.

I don’t know about the green card but it would be listed on the certificate of insurance if I listed it as a business vehicle rather than one for sale.

But the point is moot as I said. I wouldn’t do it

Harry Monk:

Tipper Tom:

I think a Bulgarian border guard would insist on seeing an original Certificate of Motor Insurance and green card.

The Bulgarians didn’t give us any problems.
It was a Romanian copper who wanted to check our ‘paperwork’ 50euros was checked by him and all was ok.

This op is living in a weird wee world of his own.check his other posts and you will see what i mean.

I’m sat in my cab twiddling my thumbs so I have been reading,

Looks to me

1. Maybe a tad of BS on this forum in places
  2. BG ‘o’ licence application is almost the same cost as ours
  3. Insurance similar
  4. TM @ 250 euro slightly cheaper than the uk
  5. If using UK drivers where is the saving ?

Yes corporation tax is lower, for a new company with quite high set up costs corporation tax shouldn’t be a huge issue for 2 to 3 years
Income tax & VAT I’m sure dual taxation will apply.

Then there’s the argument of
IF YOU WANT TO USE THE UK’S FACILITIES THEN YOU SHOULD PAY TOWARDS THEM.

To insure something you need what is called an insurable interest, ie own or hire for own gain.

Anyone with half a brain cell wouldn’t touch this with a barge pole !