Can anyone add 2units and drivers to there insurance policy

@eurolink

It seems people are a little wary of you for some reason.

I was just thinking,maybe it’s because no-one really knows much about you,how about if you tell us a little about yourself,your business and where you’re from etc and I’m sure that the members on here will help you out,hell,even with my limited knowledge I might even be able to point you in the right direction myself.

Regards.

The other option would be tempcover or someone similar. But if course that has a cost implication

Thanks for all your replies and comments ,understandably some of you may think I’m nuts asking to be added to a insurance policy ,
My story is I’ve always wanted to operate a transport company , so I decided to open company in Bulgaria as it was easier and more cost effective to do it there ,I have 2 tractor units and trailers , 1 being a car transporter ,I have a few customers In Eastern Europe, turkey and Cyprus who I can start doing work for them as soon as the business is fully set up I.e o licence insurance etc, I brought the 2 units in uk to be taken to bg for registration once I have them there and change plates etc I will have the full insurance etc,so all I require was insurance to get the units from uk to bg but having trouble insuring short term ,all the companies I called wanted a minimum of 12 months and would not do a week or month so that’s why I asked on this forum if any of you gentlemen knew of somewhere or could help me with this little problem but seems not .
Thanks to all that have forward me insurance company details I will try them on Monday
If any one knows how I can get around this please let me know any info would be much appreciated

Sounds like a african scam

nearly there:
Sounds like a african scam

No it’s not a African scam ,stop looking at it if you think it is :smiling_imp:

sounding a bit dim here but how much would it cost to get the trucks containered over or shipped after all the Africans etc can do it ,Just askin that’s all

Eurolink:
My story is I’ve always wanted to operate a transport company , so I decided to open company in Bulgaria as it was easier and more cost effective to do it there

This thing about flagging out to Bulgaria was first floated when I was setting up, so I looked into it. It wasn’t cost-effective, the website I looked at said that insurance was half as much but when I looked into the detail this turned out to be third party insurance only, so really like comparing apples to bananas. Other operating costs were broadly similar, and then of course there is the cost of getting the tractor units to Bulgaria and back, without doing any more than the roughest guess I would say that would have to be £3,000+ each, and IIRC you have to take them back to Bulgaria every year for MOT.

All this was two years ago now and I’m sure that if it was financially viable, then every other British-operated truck running in the UK would be on Bulgarian number plates.

You have your cpc then eurolink?

Thinking… wouldn’t it be cheaper buying units & trailers in Bulgaria in the first place?

Saves a lot of fannying around if you ask me :unamused:

FlyFifer:
Thinking… wouldn’t it be cheaper buying units & trailers in Bulgaria in the first place?

Saves a lot of fannying around if you ask me :unamused:

If the price of 2nd hand cars is anything to go by then no it wouldn’t for example a 1997 Opel Corsa 1500 Lev (About £700)

However something that nobody has raised in this thread and may be of intense importance to anyone considering uk trucks being registered in BG is that there is currently a motion going through the Bulgarian Parliament to BAN all RHD vehicles from Bulgarias roads, however, the hold up is that due to the freedom of movement conditions set by the EU means that they cannot legally stop a RHD vehicle driving through the country to either transit or deliver, so a new motion is being suggested that no RHD vehicles will be allowed to be registered on BG Plates. There is no mention to date of how this will affect RHD vehicles already registered on BG Plates but this is Bulgaria and they decide what they want to introduce and how it’s handled.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bnews.bg%2Farticle-89276&act=url

if its just the units why not get someone to put them on a lowloader and ship them for you?

Davey Driver:
[There is no mention to date of how this will affect RHD vehicles already registered on BG Plates but this is Bulgaria and they decide what they want to introduce and how it’s handled.

if it’s already registered, there is no way that it will be deemed illegal when a law is passed regarding the import of rhd vehicles. it is bulgaria but it is also the EU.

milodon:
if it’s already registered, there is no way that it will be deemed illegal when a law is passed regarding the import of rhd vehicles. it is bulgaria but it is also the EU.

They need MOT’d once a year (For what the Mot is worth anyway) they can and possibly will refuse to MOT them and insist they are converted to LHD

This of course is being brought into force due to the number of Brits over here who think they are exempt from the BG Laws when it comes to the 6 month time limit a vehicle can spend in the country and many insurance companies in the UK don’t insure them for more than a one month stay out of the UK so in effect many are uninsured here they also think they don’t need UK Road tax :open_mouth: but reading the DVLA site states different

what you’re writing doesn’t make any sense really, rhd vehicles already registered in bulgaria will need to be converted to lhd because vehicles registered in the uk are overstaying the 6-month limit in bulgaria. mixing hearsay with, well, hearsay. the problem with banning units in bg plates (plenty of them owned by bulgarian companies, running within bulgaria and eastern europe) is that bulgaria is part of the eu and the legislation regarding the registration of vehicles is certainly not retroactive, in the whole of eu. so once again, they can stop companies from registering rhd vehicles in bulgaria, but they certainly can not hinder their use or ban them once they have already been registered.

and when you are talking about converting rhd vehicles to lhd, then I can only speak from local experience, but since this is such a massive reconstruction of the vehicle, you would need a certificate of conformity from the representative of the manufacturer, eg to register a rhd magnum in bulgaria, you’d need to get it rebuilt to lhd and then have renault trucks bulgaria do a thorough inspection and issue an approval. which they really don’t have to do so (at least around here), they don’t.

The Current Bulgarian Government Attaka think they are a law unto themselves, other stupid driving laws they want to introduce is the drivers licence being displayed on the dash board for the police to see (WTF !!! Do they think the police have eyes like an owl?) also they want to ban roadside checks, stopping only those who are clearly breaking the law i.e no headlights on during the day, speeding, overloaded etc etc etc.

I’ve been here 4 years next month and this latest government is definitely the worst they’ve had and that’s according to the Bulgarians themselves. One of the main points they are using to introduce the law is the fact a RHD bus in Sofia stopped to let passengers off who were literally stepping off the bus straight into the path of traffic. And as previously stated, the number of Brits outstaying the 6 month rule without registering the vehicle so it is in effect not legally on the roads, many brits think they are ok just to Sorn the vehicle in the UK so they dont need tax or insurance, also a trip to Sofia Airport is enough to open anyones eyes at the way Brits tend to drive in a dangerous manner having to pull out into oncoming traffic just to see if it’s clear ahead of a truck or bus because they don’t have the common sense to drop back a bit. Personally I don’t give a rats backside if they introduce the Ban, I drive a LHD on BG Plates with BG Insurance and Vignette for what it costs so it wouldn’t affect me anyway :slight_smile:

The main thing is that anyone contemplating on bringing vehicles here to put on BG Plates needs to be aware of whats going on with regards to RHD vehicles here