Calling TNUK:CSI

What do we think?

I think the car was a ■■■ and should have anticipated it, but I am not TNUK:CSI… Over to you!

no issues here.move on.

SEDriver:
What do we think?

I think the car was a ■■■ and should have anticipated it, but I am not TNUK:CSI… Over to you!

Certain death narrowly avoided…!! :unamused:

I’d say the tanker chap was a little impatient. But then so was the car driver, especially given the scene unfolding in front of him… The bus slowing to stop is a hazard; town centre; pedestrians; junctions… Although it is possible to think the bus was turning, not stopping, I still feel the car driver hasn’t too much to moan about. And the ‘bullied bit’ is ridiculous given the tanker was already committed on the overtake before the car encounters it, and would have been unlikely to pull up in time anyhow.

Must have been a slow news day, no major drama really and total sensationalism journalism.

The tanker driver shouldn’t have been overtaking the bus in that situation, but the car driver is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said that, to me it seems a bit of a daft place to have a bus stop.

All in all I agree it’s more Mail Online sensationalism :unamused:

Looked to me like bus was pulling in, so it would be slow moving. The tanker pulled out when nothing was coming the other way, but it was approaching a blind bend.
The car driver saw it was a blind bend but appeared to be approaching it a bit too fast anyway.
So 50 50 I would reckon, and the car driver was a bit of a drama queen imo, making a mountain out of a whatsit.

Tanker was already overtaking the bus which was stopping, before the car came into view from around the corner. What would the car driver have the tanker driver do?..wait behind the bus until it got going again? Car driver is a plum of the highest order for the drama queenery. :imp:

cupidstunt:
What would the car driver have the tanker driver do?..wait behind the bus until it got going again?

If we’ve got drivers driving trucks who can’t even answer that simple question in that situation what hope is there. :unamused:

Having said that the dangerous position of the bus stop and possibly the speed of the car for the conditions were contributory factors.

The tanker driver had already committed before the first-person vehicle kinda rushed upto the bus…

I would have been slowing down as soon as I saw the opposite side of the road thus blocked, which of course the dashcam driver has managed to do as well.

“Nothing to see here… Move along”. :sunglasses:

Here’s another thought:

Dashcam footage of Russian dashcams is kinda spectacular.

Our British versions uploaded are laughably tame. :blush:

So… Some drivers are gonna pump up their flaccid footage by sticking it on Daily Wail, and hope that it can rise on a tide of Middle-Englander indignation! :unamused:

“Suddenly I saw this huge tanker coming towards me”
Was a rigid bruv,not a huge tanker.

Footage is obviously doctored but it makes it look like car numptie was speeding.

What if it wasn’t a tanker but 15 elderly coffin dodgers just got off the bus would he have cleaned them up. :smiley:

jackslad:
What if it wasn’t a tanker but 15 elderly coffin dodgers just got off the bus would he have cleaned them up. :smiley:

Or kids that come round the back of the bus… When I was at school, some lad did that only to get wiped out by a car doing 50mph. How he got away with just a broken leg is beyond me.

Carryfast:

cupidstunt:
What would the car driver have the tanker driver do?..wait behind the bus until it got going again?

If we’ve got drivers driving trucks who can’t even answer that simple question in that situation what hope is there. :unamused:

Having said that the dangerous position of the bus stop and possibly the speed of the car for the conditions were contributory factors.

Wait until the bus goes again, and wait for a safer spot to overtake? That sounds like professional driving…just an aspiration for some on here.

By overtaking the bus while it was still moving, the tanker has had to travel further than necessary on the wrong side of the road. The car driver probably seen that the bus was moving and likely wouldn’t have expected something to be overtaking it on the wrong side of the road. I would say the tanker driver should have negotiated the bus in a safer manner, although the car driver has made a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill with him going to the papers about it. Had it been an oncoming car, he probably wouldn’t have gone to the papers. Reckon he is just a truck hater.

Whats the betting the tanker driver will be strung up by the goolies for it though?

Carryfast:

cupidstunt:

Contradictory-talking to yourself-mode again then?

There ought to be a test, by law, to ensure dashcams are only sold to people who aren’t massive drama queens - although I bet that would be 80% of the market gone.

"Oh my GODDDDD the tanker could have EXPLODED!!! "

How many baskets (hessian sacks) of kittens could have been killed!

Why do they allow these mobile bombs in our villages?

Won’t someone think of the children!!

Do I need to explain that this was sarcasm and he’s a bloody drama queen who wants his picture in the paper?