Calling TNUK:CSI

The tanker was already commited to pass the bus. Maybe he tanker driver could have waited until the bus came to a complete stop at the bus-stop & then passed.

Anyway, what a stupid place to put a bus-stop. Right on a blind bend.

Very exaggerated story in the first place. I watched the video twice & didn’t spot a ‘HUGE TANKER’ anywhere…

James the cat:

Carryfast:

cupidstunt:
What would the car driver have the tanker driver do?..wait behind the bus until it got going again?

If we’ve got drivers driving trucks who can’t even answer that simple question in that situation what hope is there. :unamused:

Having said that the dangerous position of the bus stop and possibly the speed of the car for the conditions were contributory factors.

Contradictory-talking to yourself-mode again then?

No, he’s having a go at me for suggesting that if we all waited behind every bus that stopped until it got going again, the roads would very quickly grind to a halt. :imp:
If you waited behind a bus at a bus stop (if the road ahead was clear, as it was) on your test you would fail.
At the time when the tanker was committed to going around, the car wasn’t in view and perhaps if he (the car driver ) was driving to the conditions (a 30 limit) then the “incident” would not have occured in the first place. :unamused:

Although we all chance it now and again one has to aspire to a higher level and waiting for a better opportunity to overtake the bus would have been better.

As I rarely practice what I preach there’s a chance I would have gone for it myself, playing the percentages a bit. I mean what are the odds of a dash cam drama queen coming the other way. Unfortunately in this day and age the odds are increasing so to avoid moments of fame a higher standard is now required.

The drama queen needs a serious word with himself though. If he felt this non event required such blowing out of proportion (obviously hoping for some form of notoriety or financial gain) then I fear this lad is going to be one of life’s flappers who spend their time getting on everyone’s nerves and making mountains out of mole hills.

I would like to see dash cam queens from all modes of transport having their own driving scrutinised from previous footage as well as being lightly fisted in order to man up and prepare themselves for the trials and tribulations life will throw at them.

Dipper_Dave:
as well as being lightly fisted in order to man up and prepare themselves for the trials and tribulations life will throw at them.

Didn’t know ■■■■■■■ could vary in intensity…!? :open_mouth:

Definitely so I’m told, from starting with a single finger first and working ones way up adding more fingers as you go until reaching a full fist. To a full dry serious fistin (no g as per Steve Wright show).

Funnily enough this description of my planned weekend activity never made the Friday phone in I made to Mr Wrights show. I’m also banned from future Radio 2 contributions.

Car driver should be looking ahead and planning for any hazards. Even though the tanker may have been in the wrong (couldn’t be arsed to read the whole thing), the car driver should not just assume everyone will move out of his way.

Crap place for a bus stop, as usual. I bet the tanker driver saw nothing coming, and just kept his momentum up and flirted past. Mr. Shock-Horror navigates the bend like a pro, and thinks," I’ll 'ave 'im on me dashcam, I’ll get onto the Daily Mail when I get in, and pose for a moody/concerned photo".
I can’t quite see the UN number in the photos/footage, but I bet it’s not A PETROL TANKER!!!OMG111!

With the choice of vee-hicle, it’s probably 1202 gas oil or 3082 HFO/MFO. I’d have more chance of lighting my own ■■■■ than those two. Fair enough on the environmental slant he puts on it, the stuff is like treacle…But never mind… It’s a PETROL TANKER !!! Could’ve BLOWN us ALL to Kingdom Come! …But it’s ok when the tools in cars cut me up on a daily basis. They need to be somewhere.

So, do one Daily Mail. You’re a bunch of halfwit, second rate media gimps, who most of the time can’t even spell or use basic grammar. Up yours.

( OOH! PETROL TANKER !!!) ■■■■ off.

Edited to correct basic grammar :open_mouth:

cupidstunt:
No, he’s having a go at me for suggesting that if we all waited behind every bus that stopped until it got going again, the roads would very quickly grind to a halt. :imp:
If you waited behind a bus at a bus stop (if the road ahead was clear, as it was) on your test you would fail.

Great advice for new drivers make progress on your test by overtaking a bus at a bus stop on on a blind bend or you’ll fail it and if you hit something approaching in the opposite direction while doing it it’s the other driver’s fault because you were ‘commited’ at that point. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

I fell asleep half way through that. Did something interesting happen?

Car driver looked to be going a bit fast.

Bloody tankers in the way Grrrrrrr

Carryfast:

cupidstunt:

Great advice for new drivers make progress on your test by overtaking a bus at a bus stop on on a blind bend or you’ll fail it and if you hit something approaching in the opposite direction while doing it it’s the other driver’s fault because you were ‘commited’ at that point. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

He’s correct though. You would fail your test if the road was clear as seen. ‘Committed’ means just that. If there is nothing coming, and you don’t go, you fail. Vice versa, if you come around a blind bend, you should be prepared to slow or stop, as in rule 146: Take the road and traffic conditions into account. Be prepared for unexpected or difficult situations, for example, the road being blocked beyond a blind bend. Be prepared to adjust your speed as a precaution, where there are junctions, be prepared for road users emerging.
Where there are junctions, be prepared for road users emerging. Being on the side of the road that ‘commands right of way’, doesn’t always make it right.
So take your ‘rolls’ and ‘lols’ and go and read the Highway Code before you preach to others, fool.

tango boy:
Bloody tankers in the way Grrrrrrr0

Us tankers are always in the way ■■■■■! :sunglasses:

SEDriver:
What do we think?

I think the car was a ■■■ and should have anticipated it, but I am not TNUK:CSI… Over to you!

Car driver is a first rate bell end for making a mountain out a molehill… The Tanker driver is a dangerous first class ball bag for attempting such a foolhardy manoeuvre.

Result Truck Driver wins the award for being the biggest ■■■■■■ on show, but its not by much.

monkeynuts:

tango boy:

Ha Ha :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

F-reds:

SEDriver:
What do we think?

I think the car was a ■■■ and should have anticipated it, but I am not TNUK:CSI… Over to you!

Car driver is a first rate bell end for making a mountain out a molehill… The Tanker driver is a dangerous first class ball bag for attempting such a foolhardy manoeuvre.

Result Truck Driver wins the award for being the biggest ■■■■■■ on show, but its not by much.

FFS, he overtook a bus! At a bus stop. I wouldn’t say it was dangerous.The car wasn’t even in sight when he started the maneouvre. Out of proportion, media spherical minerals.

Monkeynuts - while what you put in sure is factually accurate, the simple inescapable fact is that none of what you wrote at the start applies. It was “clear as seen” is great but he couldn’t see it was clear to pass the bus as it was on a bend with obstructed vision. He had no way of knowing what was coming.

Simple solution - wait for the 30seconds it would take for the bus to set down and pick up its passengers. He would not fail any test for that, in the videos situation.

Getting away from the actual facts of the video, and into ifs but and maybes. What if the bus had broken down and could not proceed? Then he should have done everything in his power to alert the oncoming traffic there was something up ahead, a good toot of the horn would been a start… Then made his way round a bit cautious like. Not tried to come round something using his momentum because he didn’t want to ■■■■ his telematics scores up…

tango boy:

monkeynuts:

tango boy:

:sunglasses: Just wait 'til I get my ‘safety cones’ out in summer eh? EH? :grimacing: " Six metre rule"

monkeynuts:

tango boy:

monkeynuts:

tango boy:

:sunglasses: Just wait 'til I get my ‘safety cones’ out in summer eh? EH? :grimacing: " Six metre rule"

Fair play, not enough though :wink: :wink:

It’s hard to judge speeds here. Looks like a 50/50 to me, the tanker could have negotiated the hazard (stopping bus) a bit slower, but still be committed to the manoeuvre, driving safely and assertively around the bus if safe to proceed, lots going on though, and looks like the tanker hadn’t made a proper plan in my opinion, car driver wasn’t much better.

Crap Roadcraft all round! We all have to share the roads why don’t people realise that.

MickM

Folk need to get out more if they think this is a big deal.