Calling coffee lovers

Just thought i’d flag up a seriously good coffee roasting company i encountered recently while delivering nearby in Ashford,Kent.I’ts on a small trading estate and goes by the name of coffeebeanshop.co.uk.

Boy did i receive an education from the lovely girl who runs the show. I’ve often wondered how folk can actually buy the swill served up by costa and their ilk,vile mass produced rubbish ditto Starbucks,but this girls beans seriously cut the colemans,my favourite being Peruvian Yaneasha,tastes as good as ifnot better than Jamaican Blue Mountain at a considerably lower price,one cup of this will more than set you up for the day,especially with an afternoon booster.

A fine burgeoning business that deserves massive success and hopefully stick it to corporate coffe that uglifies our towns and cities to a disturbing degree.

Jamaican Blue Mountain is the best.Costalotta do a Cortado,a small glass of strong coffee.It means short in Spanish.
Flat white from Starbux.
Cofffe in France is ditchwater,the same brand nationwide.
Italy is Lavaza.Double or treble expresso will make you drive to the moon and back.
Spanish cafe con leche.
I wonder what the mark is on motorway prices in the UK.

I had a Hazelnut Latte at the British Grand Prix (F1) from a van that only did coffee/hot chocolate and I must admit while it cost £4 it was by far the best Hazelnut Latte I’ve EVER had and for the life of me I can’t remember the company name.

Put it this way half an hour later I had to have another even @ £4!

manalishi:
I’ve often wondered how folk can actually buy the swill served up by costa and their ilk,vile mass produced rubbish ditto Starbucks,but this girls beans seriously cut the colemans,

She had ■■■■■■■■ ? … Costa tastes ok to me dude :wink: (not if you pay over the odds for it in service station though)

Can’t function without a couple of decent mugs of coffee inside me, Peruvian or Java for preference, a :unamused: t the moment Tosco Java & Sumatra is by the cafetiere. If I’m in town the Costa seems to be the least worst. I’m constantly amazed at how folk manage to balls up making coffee, it’s hardly rocket science …or maybe it is. Usually make up a couple of flasks to take with me, something to look forward to on my 45s :laughing:

Big jar of instant by the side of my kettle at the moment… :wink:
Regards, John.

I love coffee:)

I nick it from one of our Ethnic brothers outlets on the M40. Fancy putting the machines miles from the till and near the door! :wink:

You know what gets on my ■■■■ at any coffee place? You ask for a large and get a medium size coffee in a large cup, I then have to go through the motions of pouring my ‘large’ coffee into a medium cup and asking how they think it’s acceptable to rip me off twice, once for the overpriced overbrewed sludge and then giving me a short measurement.

I know have an espresso maker in the cab and make my own. I get my beans from my local coffee joint, the bloke that owns it is from Ecuador, don’t know where the beans are from, but they’re bloody good.

NewLad:
I had a Hazelnut Latte at the British Grand Prix (F1) from a van that only did coffee/hot chocolate and I must admit while it cost £4 it was by far the best Hazelnut Latte I’ve EVER had and for the life of me I can’t remember the company name.

Put it this way half an hour later I had to have another even @ £4!

You earn too much.

The vending machine at the Palletline hub in Birmingham has real milk and the cups have black and white markings of a Friesian cow.They banned cups as drivers were binning them.
But now cups are allowed.
A few bad apples spoil it for the good apples.

There is an excellent roaster in Cirencester on Love Lane called RAVE.
They have a small cafe there too. I always pick up a few bags of beans when I’m passing. Donovan the barista will even pour you a nice heart in your latte if you ask. :smiley:

Parking nearby isn’t great, although there is truck parking a way down the road near Tesco and it is walkable if you have some time.

Opposite the Asda depot (old Netto) depot at South Elmsall there’s a firm called Finlay’s who do the own brand Tea, teabags, and coffee for most of the major supermarkets inc Tesco, Sainsbury, Co-op, Morrison`s & Asda (we even load at Finlay’s and deliver it direct over the road :unamused: ) delivering it to their depots nationwide. The coffee beans we pick up from near Hull.

Anyone wanting a very simple drip filter coffee maker, take a look at a Vietnamese coffee maker, they are small and compact and cost around £3 and perfect for the cab
video here

There’s a tiny shop on Delancy St. in Camden run by a single bloke named George. He’s been there for donkey’s years and has a primitive gas roasting contraption that looks like its from the 30’s.There’s an extractor fan blowing the smell out onto the street and it smells amazing. He doesn’t sell coffees, only roasts and grinds. He has a handful of blends. I always get Santos Dark and he’ll grind it differently depending if you plan to use a cafetiere or espresso. It is much MUCH better in an espresso.

I use PACT. £7 a bag, pricey at one a fortnight but if you try & cancel they say you can go down to one a month. He’s twice the price of normal coffee. If you get a referral. The first bags a pound then you can cancel if you want!

I feel like I am missing out, I have not drunk coffee for about 44 years :blush:

Drift:
I feel like I am missing out, I have not drunk coffee for about 44 years :blush:

your life is somewhat lacking then :laughing: unless you had similar to the coffee I had at the Frankly services which was memorably ■■■■■ 2yrs on and I still ‘boak’ at the memory :frowning:

I got some of that Yaneasha (sp).
Not all that impressed through my espresso machine but got a aerobie thing to try it with tonight.

Aeropress is great. Don’t expect proper espresso from it, but you get a lovely rich strong coffee.

Lots of ways of doing it, but I grind slightly courser than espresso and add about 20g to an inverted Aeropress. Fill up to 4 mark on the Aeropress and time for about 30 seconds, stiring occasionally. After 30 seconds, put the cap on the Aeropress with a washed filter and flip it over, then lightly press, should take about 20 seconds to press all the way down.

The coffee will likely be very strong, so you may need to dilute with a little water to make an Americano, or cut with milk makes a very nice latte.

peirre:
Opposite the Asda depot (old Netto) depot at South Elmsall there’s a firm called Finlay’s who do the own brand Tea, teabags, and coffee for most of the major supermarkets inc Tesco, Sainsbury, Co-op, Morrison`s & Asda (we even load at Finlay’s and deliver it direct over the road :unamused: ) delivering it to their depots nationwide. The coffee beans we pick up from near Hull.

Anyone wanting a very simple drip filter coffee maker, take a look at a Vietnamese coffee maker, they are small and compact and cost around £3 and perfect for the cab
video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139LI5gPiCA

Drive past there sometimes when delivering to Next, don’t have to but it’s worth it just for the aroma. :slight_smile: