Call the Police

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=159536
Saw this on the new driver’s forum, only because a mate rang me and told me…What’s the opinion on this from experienced drivers?
Is this an example of how new drivers today are thinking?
Do we not have enough of these Big Brother Stazi type.arse wipes as it is in the public without having to contend with fellow drivers grassing others up. :open_mouth:
Their idea of a traffic offence in their self arrogant way could easily be a complete genuine accident, a misunderstanding a misdemranour, so because of these ■■■■ s you get a call off your boss at the least or in theory a contact off the law…if they can actually be arsed that is. :unamused:

Leave the policing to The Police ffs, :bulb: and either join them yourself if you are that way out, or better still get a ■■■■ life and mind your own ■■■■ business. :smiling_imp:
Not on about your wife/daughter/son/dog/cat or ferret getting knocked over either before the usual suspects jump in :unamused: …I’m on about everyday traffic situations.

I’d never do it.
Some ■■■■ almost hit me the other day as he pulled in far too early causing me change lanes he then proceeded to give me the finger.

I was slightly annoyed at first but then felt sorry for the guy.
There are so many angry drivers particularly professional drivers who clearly hate their job and so they turn into complete ■■■■■■■■ on the road.

Had another one yesterday I came to an Inpass in a tight road and the only way to proceed was for a taxi driver to reverse back. As he was the only one that could practically maneuver but he was just quite content to sit there for 4 minutes giving the car infront a crappy look.
I asked him if he could reverse and he ignored me. When the car guy asked if he started giving him crap and calling him out. :laughing:
It’s all just petty and due to drivers hating their job. It’s why I want to quit driving it’s so toxic at times.

The whole job (including many on here) is a complete joke sadly Rob. Which junction do I need? What’s the best torch? What’s the best phone holder? How do I strap this load? Best sat-nav? Whose microlise scores are the best?

Too much traffic, crumbling road network, smart motorways that are killing folk, zero facilities, anger everywhere, grasses around every corner, crap money, mega hours etc

Christ I wish I had listened at school :neutral_face:

Well I’ve never grassed anyone up yet in all my years of driving but if I ever saw someone clearly drunk whilst driving I may have to make the that call but that’s it.

Few years ago whilst sat in traffic on M6 guy to the right of me in a newish Audi was decanting cans of Stella into one of those thermos cups and necking it,had about 4 empty cans on his passenger footwell floor and another 6 on his passenger seat ready for consumption …called the old bill and about an hour or so later they called me back thanked me for calling them and to say he had been pulled and was twice over the limit,that was with cans stll unopened on his passenger seat!

Knowing someone who lost his wife to a drink driver I won’t apologise for grassing one up and I’d do it again everytime.

The only time I’ve called the police on another driver was on seeing a driver veer fairly suddenly and repeatedly across all three lanes of a motorway for no apparent reason. This sudden veering left and right continued for many miles, causing many others to slam on or swerve, before I picked up the phone.

I don’t know what the explanation was, whether tiredness, drunkenness, eating his dinner at the wheel, or a medical issue, but it was beyond anything I’ve seen before or since, and there was obviously something the matter.

Problem is…

Too many snowflakes robroy.

see what i did there

eagerbeaver:
The whole job (including many on here) is a complete joke sadly Rob. Which junction do I need? What’s the best torch? What’s the best phone holder? How do I strap this load? Best sat-nav? Whose microlise scores are the best?

Too much traffic, crumbling road network, smart motorways that are killing folk, zero facilities, anger everywhere, grasses around every corner, crap money, mega hours etc

Spot on.

I’m often tempted to call the police when I see people driving in hi vis or even worse putting on their hi vis vest for their jaunt across to the MSA buildings.

What a belter. Imagine if he did call the police everytime something like that happened, surely he would get in trouble for wasting police time and generally being a nuisance caller. You cant be that simple to think it is perfectly acceptable to phone old bill because some one has cut in front or called you a name :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
I’m often tempted to call the police when I see people driving in hi vis or even worse putting on their hi vis vest for their jaunt across to the MSA buildings.

And anyone seen wearing one on a ferry should be instantly keel hauled do they not think there are enough lights on a ferry and believe that the addition of their hi-vis will prevent a collision with a super tanker

eagerbeaver:

+1. And the beautys which think its acceptable they pay out of there nightout money to park there boss’s lorry :unamused: and god forbid if they have a wtd infridgement

If someone is obviously drunk or otherwise impaired then I’ll call the fuzz but thats about as far as it goes.

Never mind call the police what about get the police back on the roads to deal with all the idiots. We see dangerous driving everyday on our roads and nine time out of ten nothing happens and the driver gets away with it. Problem with that is one day it will all go wrong and lives could be lost. These drivers need prosecuting before the inevitable happens.
Now I am not a grass, never have been but what I just don’t get is all this bull about I would report a drunk driver but nothing else.
Unless the driver is legless it’s unlikely you will ever know.

Little scenario,

Driver over the limit runs a red light which is potentially dangerous and has caused the lives of innocent people.

Sober driver runs a red light which is potentially dangerous. What’s the difference?

Simple fact is these types need to be put off our roads and the only way that is going to happen if they are caught by plod.

I’d report to the police if it was genuinely very dangerous and risk of crash causing death or serious injury would be likely, and if my dash cam footage was clear. So far I never have.

jakethesnake:
Never mind call the police what about get the police back on the roads to deal with all the idiots. We see dangerous driving everyday on our roads and nine time out of ten nothing happens and the driver gets away with it. Problem with that is one day it will all go wrong and lives could be lost. These drivers need prosecuting before the inevitable happens.
Now I am not a grass, never have been but what I just don’t get is all this bull about I would report a drunk driver but nothing else.

Little scenario,

Driver over the limit runs a red light which is potentially dangerous and has caused the lives of innocent people.

Sober driver runs a red light which is potentially dangerous. What’s the difference?

Simple fact is these types need to be put off our roads and the only way that is going to happen if they are caught by plod.

Everybody seems to be referring to drunk drivers, that is another level, another argument for another day. :bulb:
The o/p on the other thread, and myself were on about everyday traffic scenarios and general examples of crap driving.

As for your ‘‘What’s the difference’’ Jake, …

The guy who is ■■■■■■ is just irresponsible and out of it, (‘‘caused the lives of innocent people’’ , I’m assuming you mean deaths) and by definition ie a drunk driver, has commited a CRIME.

The '‘potentially dangerous’'guy who is sober is just another ■■■■ who aint too competent at driving, who has committed a traffic OFFENCE …different ball game mate.

robroy:

jakethesnake:

Little scenario,

Everybody seems to be referring to drunk drivers, that is another level, another argument for another day. :bulb:
The o/p on the other thread, and myself were on about everyday traffic scenarios and general examples of crap driving.

As for your ‘‘What’s the difference’’ Jake, …

The guy who is ■■■■■■ is just irresponsible and out of it, (‘‘caused the lives of innocent people’’ , I’m assuming you mean deaths) and by definition ie a drunk driver, has commited a CRIME.

The '‘potentially dangerous’'guy who is sober is just another ■■■■ who aint too competent at driving, who has committed a traffic OFFENCE …different ball game mate.

Nah, in my book both as bad as each other. Both causing potentially dangerous situations. Neither should be on the road.

How tf can a driver who does something like that, for one reason or another, either through lack of experience, general poor driving standard, or simply a stupid mistake be ‘‘AS BAD’’ as a ■■■■ head off his ■■■■ behind a wheel with no clue where he is or what he’s doing, causing mayhem.
You have not thought that one through Jakey, even your mates in the Old Bill.would see the differnce.

In the immortal words of my mate;

If you a stixman, some people hate ya.

If you a cop, some people hate ya.

But if you a pussyclaat outformer, Police and teef alike hate ya!

He was right.

Iam sure my promotion at work to a Lead Driver was because I always let the office know if they drivers were running amock, not following procedures or if I’d seen them not acting professionally with clients.
Or if I’d seen them parked up having extra breaks in lay-bys etc.