Calais to Le Havre - help

I’ve got to collect a 40’ box from Le Havre docks tomorrow PM.

The channel crossings are paid by the agent, however i need to pay the tolls.

Can anyone point me to an understandable site to calculate the round trip cost?

Any other useful information, ie, the container terminal at le Havre is very welcome.

Cheers.

ref container base… as you come down hill into le harve on motorway from calais . follow pont de normandie < big bridge you can’t miss it honest> get off at the exit before the bridge. go right past oil tanks . up road about 2 km’s until over the red bridge base is on your left… toll’s sorry no help as we have a go box. you could try autoroutes de france… good luck and enjoy it… cheers …bon route
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You can get to Le Havre without using the peage apart from the stretch from Boulogne to Abbeville, but it is a bit time consuming

275km or about 50€ according to this site

autoroutes.fr/en/routes.htm? … o=le+havre

I do have a company map that avoids all toll routes, but I am struggling to find it :blush:

Thanks chaps! Only got a call this teatime, still ■■■■■■■ about getting docs together. Will be double manning it so we’ve plenty of time, just hope the Le Havre dockers are quicker than the Felixstowe ones!

Wheel Nut:
You can get to Le Havre without using the peage apart from the stretch from Boulogne to Abbeville, but it is a bit time consuming

275km or about 50€ according to this site

autoroutes.fr/en/routes.htm? … o=le+havre

I do have a company map that avoids all toll routes, but I am struggling to find it :blush:

Abberville to Boulogne cost 24.90 for my 5 axle artic tonight, like Wheelnut says the national is too time consuming although Chez Joe is well worth a visit at Hautvillers

GOATY,if you have some spare time in LeHavre,try the new pool there,it is called Les Bains des Docks,inside and outside heated pool,with fountains,river rapids,sauna,jacuzi,roman style hot and cold quick dip pools,it is heated with sea water,there are two price stuctures,one just to swim the other for all the pampering and luxury side of it.
If you are near the passenger ship terminal near the town centre,you can see it,a short 5 minutes walk.
The area has been redeveloped with leisure and eating holes,the town itself is a dump,sad old concrete buildings from the 1970`s era.
On the large industrial estate,outside of town,is the Rouitiers restaurant,it is law in France to have 6 courses for about 12 to 15 euros,you will need to add more air to your tyres after,allow 2 to 3 hours for lunch and dinner there,time for coffee cognac or an apple digestive thay call Calvados,you can drink it with a sugar lump in the glass.
There is not much in town for a driver to eat,as it is pricey,there is a Rouitier near the marina,but has some odd closing times.

There is a weight limit south of Boulogne,i would risk it sometimes,and run the national all the way to Le Havre,depends what mood they are in the day they see you,along the road to Havre,there are a few twons with weight limits,but there is a road that by passes it,they suggest the toll road,but you can go via the national,as that area is where all the big petrol and oil refiniries are based,so the want ADR trucks on the toll,out of the way,Notre Dame de Gravenchon is Exxon Mobiles base.

Christ Toby, he’s not going on holiday. I’m trying to figure out why you need to double man to go to Le Havre ?.

And i did ponder why they can`t ship out Portsmouth or another south coast port to get there,unless they are based in the Dover area and have accounts with that route.

Might be a high value load.
We used to double man Calais to somewhere down Le Mans way to pick up mobile phones. Insurance stipulated needing 2 drivers on board and not stopping.

Ex Haulier:
Christ Toby, he’s not going on holiday. I’m trying to figure out why you need to double man to go to Le Havre ?.

It probably has to be back ASAP, mentions of Felixstowe suggest it should have shipped into there.

We used to double man Doncaster to Dieppe if it was urgent

Goaty:
I’ve got to collect a 40’ box from Le Havre docks tomorrow PM.

That’ll be why you’d pulled the fuse then :laughing: I don’t get much heavy traffic past my drivers window but you’d have shamed the Irish today :laughing:

Goaty, Go-aty, Go 80

Now I get it.

Wheel Nut:

Ex Haulier:

It probably has to be back ASAP, mentions of Felixstowe suggest it should have shipped into there.

We used to double man Doncaster to Dieppe if it was urgent

you might be on the money there malc :wink: :wink: not that i know anything about the job of course :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for the replies chaps, and Toby for the Gloria Hunniford bit! :wink:

It was an “International Rescue” job.

The box should’ve gone to Fxt but Maersk in their infinite wisdom dropped it at Le Havre.

A certain Plant machinery manufacturer was not impressed as this was going to cause a “line stoppage”, so one of my “December friends” :wink: , asked me how much! :smiley:

Double manned, so as to cover as much ground as possible we left Ipswich with my Low-ride Dennison “empty skel” and headed for Dover.

We had to wait half a day for the container to be tipped and reloaded
to bring us within 40tn, the other 7 tn went on a 4 wheeler, then both trucks aimed for Newcastle under Lyme, via the train to tip.

Finally my co driver and I treated ourselves to a brekky at the Saltbox! and home.

Oh and I passed a slow mover on the A130, sorry i passed 8wheels on the A130! :wink:

Goaty:
A certain Plant machinery manufacturer was not impressed as this was going to cause a “line stoppage”, so one of my “December friends” :wink: , asked me how much! :smiley:

doing something similiar for plant manufacturer collect Rotterdam tip container in Holland reload in to tautliner and double manned to Eibar in Spain for delivery Tuesday morning

Goaty:
Oh and I passed a slow mover on the A130, sorry i passed 8wheels on the A130! :wink:

Did you manage to get to the swimming baths and Gym :question:

Vascoingles:

Goaty:

doing something similiar for plant manufacturer collect Rotterdam tip container in Holland reload in to tautliner and double manned to Eibar in Spain for delivery Tuesday morning

You could always take the box down and swap it for one full of wine :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

that was one of my fisrt thoughts when the geriatric phoned Friday

but after about 10 phone calls from the whining old sod on a Friday (which I do not need) plan B was decided to be better and faster

Goaty:

Well A12 actually, and you were going so fast you’d stretched that skelly fully out :laughing: