Calais to Interlaken?

I’m off to the land of Swiss people with the wobbly box following closely behind and i was wondering what would be the more flatter and economical route to take with regards to tolls, hills etc, not too worried about sightseeing on the way as we’ll be doing that when we get there, i was thinking about heading off to Lille then down through Lux, Nancy then onto Berne what does anybody think ? I’ve been on various route planning websites and they all show up different ideas.

Many thanks.

Thats about the best route,altho you’re gonna cop some hills in B .Go thru Tunnel St. Marie or over the top of Bonne Homme. Basel,Bern.Interlaken v.nice this time of year.

What happened to the Konstanz idea?

harry:
Thats about the best route,altho you’re gonna cop some hills in B .Go thru Tunnel St. Marie or over the top of Bonne Homme. Basel,Bern.Interlaken v.nice this time of year.

What happened to the Konstanz idea?

Thanks for that. She wanted Konstanz i wanted Swiss and i only bloody won. :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Would i be better sailing into Dunkirk and not Calais as i have no ferry booked yet ?

i would say dunkirk, always a favourite of mine with Norfolk line. british boats, recently refurbed and an extra 40 minutes onboard.
to top it off you are 20-30 minutes further up the corridor with an easy in/out of the port onto the motorway

GBD:
i would say dunkirk, always a favourite of mine with Norfolk line. british boats, recently refurbed and an extra 40 minutes onboard.
to top it off you are 20-30 minutes further up the corridor with an easy in/out of the port onto the motorway

Dunkirk would be preferable but if you miss it its a long wait for the next one whereas Calais is every hour.

Funny thing is that once you get all the grif on this you will probably go for a compromise & end up in Como? :laughing:

Rn to Reims-Troyes-langres-gray-besancon-pontarlier and into Swiss…nice quiet border to get ya vignette and a couple of nice restaurants en route…

harry:
Funny thing is that once you get all the grif on this you will probably go for a compromise & end up in Como? :laughing:

No, Swiss all booked and paid for, just the ferry to sort out, can’t believe I had my way, maybe she has a cunning plan I don’t know about. :open_mouth:

polytrotter:
Rn to Reims-Troyes-langres-gray-besancon-pontarlier and into Swiss…nice quiet border to get ya vignette and a couple of nice restaurants en route…

But wouldn’t that be more on toll money ? But it does look an obvious route though. :confused:

bald bloke:

polytrotter:

But wouldn’t that be more on toll money ? But it does look an obvious route though. :confused:

Good scenery that way.

Bald bloke,i would use the toll road as much as possible.
Stay in high gear for hours.
Smooth tarmac ride.Lots of pit stops.
Free national routes will be ramned with tourists and slow farm vehicles.
More wear and tear on your car,more stress,more fuel.
Chance of getting lost with wrong turns with road works.
The toll prices are not that bad.You can keep a good speed up.
You can ask for a drivers discount on motorway meals by saying chauffer and get 20% off.
They never check the driving licence at the till.

toby1234abc:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

toby1234abc:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s usually the best bit.

Can we play “guess what the random crap was” game?

My bet goes to Toby describing a factory that you would pass where they made matador suits out of dead shellfish.

Don’t forget you will need a vignette for both the car and caravan if you wish to use the Swiss motorways.

GBPub:
Don’t forget you will need a vignette for both the car and caravan if you wish to use the Swiss motorways.

Yeah don’t I bloody know it , might try and flog them after.

harry:
altho you’re gonna cop some hills in B .

What’s the best way to get to Namur then Harry ? Via Lille or Brussels ?

I always went via Brussels ring road.Dont forget to fill up in Lux.

viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes … eRoadsheet

harry:
I always went via Brussels ring road.Dont forget to fill up in Lux.

viamichelin.co.uk/web/Routes … eRoadsheet

Cheers for that.

polytrotter:

only motorway really in car and wobble box is to Reims and you don’t need to use that, Rn from Reims to Troyes to langres to Gray to Besancon to the land of cuckoo clocks…or like has been said go via lux and motorway from Metz and off at langres sud and on Rn to pontarlier via Besancon and Gray…depending where In swissland your heading…obviously…