!calais closed again!

Yup, they’re on strike again.

Expect a long wait and be vigilant drivers!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-33323978

Currently in the stack on the A16 to get into Dunkerque.
Last estimate I heard is 8 hours to get on a boat.
Still, sun’s shining and I’ve got Pot Noodle and Jaffa Cakes so not all bad :grimacing:

AJF3011:
Currently in the stack on the A16 to get into Dunkerque.
Last estimate I heard is 8 hours to get on a boat.
Still, sun’s shining and I’ve got Pot Noodle and Jaffa Cakes so not all bad :grimacing:

Living the dream :laughing:

P and O have put two ships into Boulogne this morning. Don’t know if they are loading from there but it’s worth a punt if you’re at the back of the Calais queue!

Jazzandy:
P and O have put two ships into Boulogne this morning. Don’t know if they are loading from there but it’s worth a punt if you’re at the back of the Calais queue!

Pride Of Burgundy has just left Boulogne and Pride Of Kent will be arriving there in the next 30 minutes. Could be worth a phone call :smiley:

has a notification through from RHA saying that the strikers are on their way up to Dunkerque.

Three of mine are staying out overnight, tomorrow is another day and all that…

They’ve been saying all day on various radio stations, that My Ferry aren’t running , obviously as they’re the ones on strike. P&O have suspended all sailings, DFDS are trying to get their customers to and from Dunkirque. But as some have mentioned, give P&O a ring if it looks like they’re running to Boulogne

Then there’s always the Newhaven Dieppe route. Their vessels are never full

They are…as are P&O out of Zeebrugge and Rotterdam and all of Stena out of Hook and Rotterdam, couldn’t get on any of them. All of Brittany are waitlisted.

Cuxhaven anyone :laughing:

albion:
They are…as are P&O out of Zeebrugge and Rotterdam and all of Stena out of Hook and Rotterdam, couldn’t get on any of them. All of Brittany are waitlisted.

New/Dieppe/New full ?!!
Every time I’ve been on the Albattre or the Sister in the last couple of months, different times too, you could have played a couple of five-a-side footie games on some of the decks.
I realise of course that hey will be a bit busier because of what’s going on in Calais at the mo.

It’s just come over on the radio that the tunnel is now closed as the strikers have lit fires on the approach roads again

P&O are still sailing, Pride of Canterbury is 45 minutes away from Boulogne, Pride of Kent is in Boulogne now and Pride of Burgundy is on it’s way back to Dover. Not sure how they handle the loading at Boulogne, last time I looked they did not have a double decker ramp so space might be very restricted.

Spirit of France is en route to Boulogne. If I was a stranded trucker I’d be heading there as well! And as a bonus - no illegal immigrants!,!

Jazzandy:
Spirit of France is en route to Boulogne. If I was a stranded trucker I’d be heading there as well! And as a bonus - no illegal immigrants!,!

No - you load them up at Calais first :grimacing:

Just seen this in YouTube.

Nice to see a driver being asked his opinion and being allowed to voice it without being interrupted by a journalist.

I’d agree with him, that until someone gets killed,mother government aren’t going to hurry up and do anything about it.

youtu.be/6zcMCbYRuEU

Its about time UK plc closed the ports in Kent until France soughts there problems out!

P & O have announced that all their Calais ships are now using Boulogne BUT they cannot accept return traffic and ask drivers not to turn up at Boulogne please.

This is at the moment a one way service only!

albion:

Something seems strange with the way in which the Channel ferry links all now seem to be on a knife edge regards capacity with no flexibility whatsoever in terms of margins. :confused: Maybe its because too many of the alternative North Sea routes have been closed and too much dependence has been put on the Channel especially Dover Calais.Which seems to be the result of bs eco restrictions on ships fuel and therefore excessive costs to run the longer services. :bulb: :unamused:

As said before we need Folkestone - Boulogne operating again.

cav551:
As said before we need Folkestone - Boulogne operating again.

I’d doubt if that would be enough to compensate for the loss of Ostend,Bremerhaven and Esbjerg amongst the other Scandinavian routes.While the fuel cost situation has also obviously hit the other longer services to Spain and western France thereby putting more demand and load on the shorter channel routes.