Cabbing It---On Ferry

I know its been discussed before, and some wont listen*, but heres a link, for those with a little sense of self preservation, and consideration for others…

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-so … d-51147965

• those with more expertise will of course be free to explain how the Marine Accident Board are all woosie snow-flakes.

The only thing that stops me cabbing it in ferries is that I’m on a final warning with Irish Ferries, no Irish ferries equals no job :smiley: :smiley:

If you’re really tired then it’s worth the risk for myself anyway
It won’t be long before everybody is tagged before they board in the future security is too weak

Bigtruck3:
It won’t be long before everybody is tagged before they board in the future security is too weak

Have you seen the security guards on P&O Dover Calais searching you as you come up the stairs, let me think for a minute should I bring my contraband on deck in my pocket or leave it safely hidden in the lorry, bit of a no brainer really

So let’s see, what would I prefer? Getting my head down in the cab knowing that there is a one in a million chance of some incident like this occurring, or being given a cabin to share with three snoring ■■■■■■■ Romanians?

Hmmm, tricky one, that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mazzer2:

Bigtruck3:

Have you seen the security guards on P&O Dover Calais searching you as you come up the stairs, let me think for a minute should I bring my contraband on deck in my pocket or leave it safely hidden in the lorry, bit of a no brainer really

Not all ports are like that maybe it’s just Calais trying to stop the flip flops leaving the country we need them to do what other people won’t do

Let’s have a think about this, so you are on the Zeebee boat and you have a choice between keeping yourself company for 14 hours in your cab on the cargo deck or having a few beers, a decent meal and chat with your mates, clean sheets and a hot shower; at worst having to share with one other usually a cabin to yourself! Oh and I forgot you can also bust a few moves on the disco floor with ladies!

Jeez it gives you a headache just thinking about it! :blush:

howatsi:
Let’s have a think about this, so you are on the Zeebee boat and you have a choice between keeping yourself company for 14 hours in your cab on the cargo deck or having a few beers, a decent meal and chat with your mates, clean sheets and a hot shower; at worst having to share with one other usually a cabin to yourself! Oh and I forgot you can also bust a few moves on the disco floor with ladies!

Jeez it gives you a headache just thinking about it! :blush:

Someone missed the whole point

Harry Monk:
So let’s see, what would I prefer? Getting my head down in the cab knowing that there is a one in a million chance of some incident like this occurring, or being given a cabin to share with three snoring ■■■■■■■ Romanians?

This, a thousand times this. And also this topic has been done to death on here now

Bigtruck3:

Mazzer2:

Bigtruck3:

Not all ports are like that maybe it’s just Calais trying to stop the flip flops leaving the country we need them to do what other people won’t do

I have had by bag searched at the top of the stairs on Stena in Cherbourg lately as well. Seldom on her but a very clean boat.

switchlogic:

Harry Monk:

This, a thousand times this. And also this topic has been done to death on here now

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1,winner.

2 hours,or longer solid relaxing kip vs lottery chance of grief.

you can always go off the deck and upstairs anytime as the doors always open from the inside.