cab curtains

I’m wanting to put some better coloured curtains in my daf xf but don’t want the standard velvet ones I’m not wanting velvet Does anyone know were I can get material ones from or any thing that’s not velvet

t29sab:
I’m wanting to put some better coloured curtains in my daf xf but don’t want the standard velvet ones I’m not wanting velvet Does anyone know were I can get material ones from or any thing that’s not velvet

Why not velvet? Is it because it’s harder to wipe stains from velvet? :laughing:

Best way is find someone handy with a sewing machine,buy your own material and fringes if required off a market and get your own made

t29sab:

So not velvet then?

Does it not have curtains fitted ? Is it a company truck ? Do the curtains close ?
Why the [zb] would you need to change them unless you own the vehicle and want to personalize it ? My truck has curtains that work, I am not dumb enough to remove them and pay my hard earned money out on something that does not belong to me, I see this all the time, drivers buy expensive stuff to fit on or in their trucks only to have it taken away by the company.

Then again … If you are gay I will understand :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Does it not have curtains fitted ? Is it a company truck ? Do the curtains close ?
Why the [zb] would you need to change them unless you own the vehicle and want to personalize it ? My truck has curtains that work, I am not dumb enough to remove them and pay my hard earned money out on something that does not belong to me, I see this all the time, drivers buy expensive stuff to fit on or in their trucks only to have it taken away by the company.

How many out there spend money on a house they don’t own?

The-Snowman:

t29sab:

So not velvet then?

No I believe velvet is not required. :laughing:
Any suggestions other than velvet? Velvet not wanted. :laughing:
What are the standard perfectly adequate (frill-less) ones made of? Surely not velvet?

Pat Hasler:

Should you not check if hes an owner/driver first before launching a tirade?

Less than 3 hours and 4 replies for the thread to take the normal turn. I thought the question was where can I get curtains, not what do you think of my idea to change the standard ones :unamused:

Your cab has curtains. Lucky you. Trying sleeping in one without them :open_mouth:

Seem to remember an article in T&D or such a year or so ago about a Liverpudlian haulier and mentioned his wife had a cab curtain business. Worth a Google ( other search engines are available).

Pat Hasler:

Yawn

to answer the question I don’t know but as suggested someone who is handy with a sewing machine should be able to knock some up easy enough.

or buy some blackout ones from ebay

t29sab:

Google truck cab cutains pal,BINGO :wink: :unamused: :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:
Less than 3 hours and 4 replies for the thread to take the normal turn. I thought the question was where can I get curtains, not what do you think of my idea to change the standard ones :unamused:

If anyone else has made the same mistake and has turned up with a sensible answer do they also know where I can get a few replacement curtain clips? The curtains in my Actros are barely long enough to fill the gap so the bits where the clips are broken are causing some potentially embarrassing gaps

And yes, on this occasion I will spend my money on my employers truck!

Les Shoes:

OVLOV JAY:

If anyone else has made the same mistake and has turned up with a sensible answer do they also know where I can get a few replacement curtain clips? The curtains in my Actros are barely long enough to fill the gap so the bits where the clips are broken are causing some potentially embarrassing gaps

Aint gonna say a ■■■■■■ thing about spending money on somebody elses truck…schtum …lesson learned, couldn.t be arsed with the hassle. (Well at least until I am next in a wind up mood) :smiley:

As for clips check out E bay you can get specific Merc hooks and clips on there.

Les Shoes:

OVLOV JAY:

Merc dealers pal,i bet you can get a bag full for a few quid :wink:

Just take the curtains from the bedroom at home…could save a few quid :sunglasses: