C to C+E

Hi all,

This is my first post, I just wanted a little bit of advice. I’m undergoing my Cat C training in two week with Scania its 5 days with the test on the last day. I was wondering if it’s advised to get some experience of driving Cat C vehicles before going for the Cat C+E? I’ve been offered a week course in December but not sure if I should wait or just get it out of the way!

Cheers

Greg

C+E ASAP

ROG:
C+E ASAP

Great, thanks for your reply, will get it booked in.

Some go straight through some do one at a time with a gap Inbetween,most of the time it’s down to money though so if you are in a position to do both I’d go for it.
Only worry for me would be time of year,I did my car test in December and it got postponed twice due to ice,if your HGV test gets postponed it could end up getting very expensive paying for extra lessons ect,maybe one of the trainers could offer an insight into that for you as to whether the examiners cancel a test of its too cold for them like they seemed to on my car test.

IMO it works well to go straight on to CE. But I don’t recommend booking before the C is passed. Ask questions about what happens to any deposits etc paid in the event of you not passing C first time.

I’ve heard horror stories so suggest you ask the questions. (stories NOT related to Scania)

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
IMO it works well to go straight on to CE. But I don’t recommend booking before the C is passed. Ask questions about what happens to any deposits etc paid in the event of you not passing C first time.

I’ve heard horror stories so suggest you ask the questions. (stories NOT related to Scania)

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

That is a good point, I will check in to this. Thanks again.

i did 8 months C driving work before i did my C+E test and it helped me out alot as the other lad with me went stright into C+E and was still cocking up the basics of C class

Just a though, but if you are in a financial position to pay for both and you want to use the same training school, see if you can negotiate a better price :slight_smile:

Adam27:
Just a though, but if you are in a financial position to pay for both and you want to use the same training school, see if you can negotiate a better price :slight_smile:

That’s what I’ve done, booked my C and C+E with Scania, start my 5 day course on the 18/11! Can’t wait now.

GZuckerman:

Adam27:

That’s what I’ve done, booked my C and C+E with Scania, start my 5 day course on the 18/11! Can’t wait now.

Looking at their website they charge £999 + VAT plus £115 DSA booking fee per Category,I hope you got a bloody big discount £1315 to do you class 1 or 2 is not cheap at all!!

xichrisxi:

GZuckerman:

Adam27:

Looking at their website they charge £999 + VAT plus £115 DSA booking fee per Category,I hope you got a bloody big discount £1315 to do you class 1 or 2 is not cheap at all!!

I booked the C, C+E and their start plus (covers medical, theory and CPC plus the hour assessment and all admin) for a decent price, well a bit more than other places I looked at but I liked the vehicles on the assessment and the instructor was good. Also liked that it was 1-2-1 training…

I done my C+E with Scania Purfleet. Think your find you’ll enjoy the experience and like you say the 1-2-1 training is great. Beware they are half days!

Best of luck with your training fella :slight_smile:

ash 001:
Best of luck with your training fella :slight_smile:

Cheers! I’ve got my Mod 4 CPC on Tuesday and then the 5 days of C starting Wednesday of next week!

Not long now mate, are you sweating it yet? how long is your c course, 5 days?

ash 001:
Not long now mate, are you sweating it yet? how long is your c course, 5 days?

Looking forward to it now, passed my CPC Mod 4 today! Start tomorrow at 12:00!

devonlad2009:
i did 8 months C driving work before i did my C+E test and it helped me out alot as the other lad with me went stright into C+E and was still cocking up the basics of C class

I did 3 months Class C first & passed both first time, although the C+E was by the skin of my teeth as the whole test seemed like a mare.
Really don’t think I would have passed without my Class C experience…

I think it’s only 54% (nationally) that pass, so put a bit of spare aside hoping you don’t need it…
Best of luck! :smiley:

best of luck I drove a scania at Bruntingthorpe proving ground (artic) smooth drive could not believe how smooth and responsive it was to drive, even though it was a real big truck -Thanks Asda!

If finances allow I’d do c+e as soon as. I did. Reason for is because your still in the “test mentality” from class 2. If you leave it then your just giving yourself more time to pick up bad habits etc

I would definitely agree with the above, get it done soon as. I passed my C back in May and haven’t managed to drive a truck since, just had some excellent training for my C+E with PSTT but failed my test (in quite epic fashion) I would say that this was at least largely due to having not driven anything bigger than a VW Transporter for 6 months. 6 months is a long time to get into bad habits or forget what you’re meant to be doing.