C+E Training

Well the time has come to start my C+E training with Peter Smythes. You can all expect a full damage report this evening, apologies in advance Peter, haha!
I’ve opted to do it in the MAN auto full fat Artic with friends axle trailer. Watch this space :laughing:

Good luck.

Watch those mirrors.

Looking forward to carnage report

Sorry guys no damage to report, managed not to kill Dave as well so all good. Was a steep curve from a rigid but really enjoyed it. Was pretty nervous throughout but Dave handled me well haha.

Did 4 reverses, all In, 1 with a shunt but one wouldn’t count as I went over the yellow line like a twunt!

Brushed 1 Kurb - on literally the last turn before the yard for no reason!

Glad you enjoyed it and I wouldn’t worry too much about brushing a kerb - would be more worried if you had to brush Beezle’s combover!

Happy that the day went well and that everything’s still in tact! Let’s hope it continues along the same lines (please).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Had another fun day Today. Started the day with reversing and the couple and in couple. Did 5 reverses, touched the yellow line on one and took a shunt on another. Still need to take my time and get my head round it all still but overall felt confident. Think I managed not to give Dave too many grey hairs!

Another bonus, had a call this afternoon asking me to come in earlier tomorrow so in at 11 rather than half 2 which suits me fine. Looking forward to day 3, where it inevitably all goes ■■■■ up haha

NickW88:
Another bonus, had a call this afternoon asking me to come in earlier tomorrow so in at 11 rather than half 2 which suits me fine. Looking forward to day 3, where it inevitably all goes ■■■■ up haha

Hi nick
Have a bit more confidence in in your self !
See you tomorrow.
Dave

dkdavid1102:

NickW88:

Hi nick
Have a bit more confidence in in your self !
See you tomorrow.
Dave

I’ll try and limit it Dave, or we may be spilling your sandwiches, eaten or not! Haha

Today also went well, as lon as you don’t count a minor hiccup on a mini roundabout , turned in to the right a little too late and had to have a shunt backwards, luckily it wasn’t test day haha

Did 3 reverses, touched the line on them but got the trailer in each time and feeling a lot more comfortable going backwards.

Dave managed not throw his sandwiches up so win win all round. Last training day tomorrow and then the dreaded test on Monday.

Good day again today, plenty of trailer drops and pickups, drove round and through shirebrook and a test route around there.

I’m happy with how the reverses have gone and my drop and pickup of the trailer - not literally thankfully so fingers crossed I will do OK on Monday. I know that the only reason I’ll fail is if I make a stupid mistake with nerves.

Really big thanks to Dave my trainer, have really enjoyed this week and learned a lot.

Good luck fella…

Cheers mate, knowing my nerves I’ll need it!

Ironically I was more worried about my reverse and uncoupling re coupling than owt turns out my drive did for me lol…

Failed in spectacular fashion. Didn’t even manage to leave the yard.

Lined up for the reverse as I normally would. Started the manoeuvre and that was the end of that. In my mind it started off ok but then in taking the lock off it went completely ■■■■ up and I tried not to go over the yellow line, and in doing so pretty much left the box with the trailer on the other side. Nerves completely destroyed me this morning, not helped by the weekend gap but that is by the by, I think Idve ■■■■■■ it up either way.

Now have to decide wether to bother going for it again or just leaving it now. Really annoyed at myself.

Sorry to hear of the fail but its all experience. I hope you do try again.

I have my 1st lesson on wednesday doing the c+e. will be one on one wed/thurs and test on friday.

Havent really suffered from nerves but am wary of passing class 2 in manual and driving a manual car to suddenly having to get used to automatic in 2 days. (I have had automatic cars years ago but not driven one since)

I found the transition to an auto wagon really easy.

I too did class 2 in a manual which I don’t regret but honestly the auto is a doddle. What type of Lorry are you doing it in? Mine was in an MAN and the gearbox is child’s play to use

Dont have a clue. Never really took much notice. I passed the class 2 in a MAN (only know as I looked at the photo taken after I passed).

I seem to remember my feet doing a dance with the brake so expect the same again.

Did you not want to go out of the yard for the experience on the test? They ask you dont they? Were your nerves just too bad to do anymore driving?

They did indeed ask if I wanted to go out on the road but I declined. I feel that whatever happened after that point wouldn’t have been an accurate reflection of my driving anyway so probably wouldn’t have done me any good. I was a bit wound up as well which wouldn’t have helped.