c.b.chastney

Hello gary, i worked as an apprentice fitter for chastneys from 88-92, i remember you and your son, also alan hawkes, bri shotton gus ernie crowne, ■■■■ plows jimmy johnson, derek kirkbride, ian hunter(nigel mansel) john, pakey, jock, mick nairns, masterman, alan bell, malcom and neil clarke, even jerry in the office. I loved that job, shame they went bust, have a lot of memories from my time there, some great lads, im chris macdonald it was a fewyears ago so you might not remember me but i can remember your wife used to bring you and the lad through before you went away. I have coppied the old pics of the trucks and am gonna show them to my boy who is 6 so if you have anymore i would love to see them. I still see ■■■■ plows from time to time as he lives around the corner to me and jonna adams but haveno idea about the rest ofthe lads, tAke care mate

Mac0972:
Hello gary, i worked as an apprentice fitter for chastneys from 88-92, i remember you and your son, also alan hawkes, bri shotton gus ernie crowne, ■■■■ plows jimmy johnson, derek kirkbride, ian hunter(nigel mansel) john, pakey, jock, mick nairns, masterman, alan bell, malcom and neil clarke, even jerry in the office. I loved that job, shame they went bust, have a lot of memories from my time there, some great lads, im chris macdonald it was a fewyears ago so you might not remember me but i can remember your wife used to bring you and the lad through before you went away. I have coppied the old pics of the trucks and am gonna show them to my boy who is 6 so if you have anymore i would love to see them. I still see ■■■■ plows from time to time as he lives around the corner to me and jonna adams but haveno idea about the rest ofthe lads, tAke care mate

Hello chris, I remember you, are you still fitting. I know mickey nairns is onthe rigs, malcolm clark retired,ritchie still has his own garage. Ill see if I’ve got some more photos when I get home. Dicky plows mustbe well past retiring age now. I know alan hawkes , jock and brian have past away. My son is now 31,how time flies.bye for now

Was this firm originaly Chastney & Pow Ltd, Regards Larry.

No not fitting anymore, i went to nissan after i left chastneys 21 years later and im still there, dicks a canny age now but still still getting about, thanks for the reply and would love to see more pics, my boys 6 and he asked what job i did before nissan, he loved the pics of the trucks, take care mate.

Mac0972:
No not fitting anymore, i went to nissan after i left chastneys 21 years later and im still there, dicks a canny age now but still still getting about, thanks for the reply and would love to see more pics, my boys 6 and he asked what job i did before nissan, he loved the pics of the trucks, take care mate.

brand new f10, brian shotton got this 1988

ritchie changing bulbs

Did any1 know billy ■■■■■■■ from sunderland he was a hgv driver worked 4 thomas reed printers and c b chastney would love 2 know iff any ex lorry drivers knew him. He past away on the 9th oct 2012, i knew afew of the drivers at chastneys alan hawkes was a gud bloke i remember when he lived in londonderry flats down the eastend always got a king edward cigar off him when ever i saw him remember when he and belsy would go out with me dad and mam on saturday night. I remember the smithfeild run aswell also the wakefeild 1 aswell would luv 2 hear from anyone who remembered him. Keithc

does anyone remember chastneys of seaham. i worked for them from 1985 until 1992 doing mostley hanging meat to smithfield and european markets

Great set of photos there mate, i remember them pretty well. We used to see them loading fruit from Sheerness Docks, also saw them in Newhaven from time to time, as well as Dover of cause.
This would have been around late 80s early 90s, always had a tidy fleet if i remember rightly. What happend to them in the end?.
Rgds Mark.

they went bust. the hanging meat jobs went quiet. he lost the matteson meat contract at durham to salvesen. northern ice from manchester took the freshbake work. it was a shame, it was a good job

HI TWINSPLITTER RECOGNISE A FEW FACES ON THE PHOTOS , I USED TO DRIVE FOR K&J INTERNATIONAL, KRIS KRISTIANSEN AND JIMMY JARVIS, MICK NAIRNS THE FITTER IS A MATE OF MINE THOUGH I HAVENT SEEN MICK FOR A WHILE, HE WAS WORKING OFFSHORE.
CHEERS MARK.