Bye bye stupid speed limits

Just got back from my night run from Horley (Surrey) to Sheffield and back. As I’ve no work planned for this weekend, this will be my last trip under the old speed limits! No more doing 20mph less than most of the traffic on roads like the A3 which are motorways in all but name, and no more sitting at 40mph (or always looking over my shoulder). Whatever your religious beliefs, today is definitely a good Friday for us truckers.

Is it? There is a lot of roads where 30 is to fast let alone 50, it only needs one accident and limit will be back down. Same with the police most no trucks go over 40 and don’t bother now watch them get everyone over 50.

mac12:
Is it? There is a lot of roads where 30 is to fast let alone 50, it only needs one accident and limit will be back down. Same with the police most no trucks go over 40 and don’t bother now watch them get everyone over 50.

Cant wait for the 50 is too slow brigade to start clocking up the points :wink:

I feel sad for those that like to hang the job out by sitting at 39 mph, they’re going to need some new excuses for taking their time now. Although I do find it odd that, while those drivers that don’t want to break the 40 mph speed limit on SC, don’t mind giving it a full gas 56 mph when they get on a DC.

I wonder if all the supermarket lorries will do 50mph. I bet they wont. I do agree that some roads are not sutable for 50mph and vise versa like a17 or a47 where you can see the other side of the linconshire. but its not a target its a limit. Do it where its safe to do so.

nick2008:

mac12:

Cant wait for the 50 is too slow brigade to start clocking up the points :wink:

+1, we’ve got a few at our place who think the speed limit doesn’t apply to them, even got one Hero who keeps it lit through the road works 56 all the way, can’t wait to see him coming in one morning with Tears in his Eyes, because he’s had a Good Spanking in the form of a summons. Lol.

Carry on Hero’s, hopefully within a couple of months you’ll all be off the road, then our wing mirrors might be a bit safer on the tight bits.

Speed upto 50mph on dual carriageways, what about a roads, has the limit gone up from 40mph

It’s the A roads where the limit is going up to 50.

Speed limit upto 50 on dual carriageways, derrrr, it is early, is it a proposal that it’s going upto 60 or is that legal now aswell

Casper1877:
Speed limit upto 50 on dual carriageways, derrrr, it is early, is it a proposal that it’s going upto 60 or is that legal now aswell

nothings legal yet

BillyHunt:
I feel sad for those that like to hang the job out by sitting at 39 mph, they’re going to need some new excuses for taking their time now. Although I do find it odd that, while those drivers that don’t want to break the 40 mph speed limit on SC, don’t mind giving it a full gas 56 mph when they get on a DC.

+1

nick2008:

Casper1877:

nothings legal yet

only in ENGLAND AND WALES! Tee HEE no Scotland. :grimacing: 60 on Dual, but limiters to stay at 56 mph / 90 clicks the backwards, 7 fingered, three headed cyclops :unamused: LIMITS NOT TARGETS DARLINGS! :laughing: as you were. :sunglasses: can’t see all your gaffers voting for more fuel wastage can you? :imp: merry Easter chicks :wink:

But not in Scotland which is strange as they trialled it

bjd:
But not in Scotland which is strange as they trialled it

Only on the A9

I don’t mind anyone keeping to the speed limits it’s just those sitting there with a wry smile on there faces knowing the are just holding people up for the sake of it then come Friday they are up with the rest of em that pee me off . But what pees me of just as much is the morons that call people heroes just for cracking on with there jobs if it’s safe to do so . I also think most of these people that are ■■■■ about speed are the new breed of people coming into the industry from other walks of life having been laid off because they have been so inificiant in previous professions that thay or there jobs where no longer viable . Now don’t get me wrong I have days when I dawdle I have days when I crack on but on the days I dawdle if there’s trafic behind me il up it a bit until I can give em room to pass but on days I’m cracking on il sit patiently until it’s safe to pass and hope they are professional enough to give me the room to pass

nick2008:

Casper1877:

nothings legal yet

speed limit going up to 50 mph on a roads and 60 mph on dual carriageways
from 6th of April, so no change for a lot of drivers.

i thought they where still looking into the duel carriageway review isn’t it just a roads being increased 40 to 50 ?

bjd:
i thought they where still looking into the duel carriageway review isn’t it just a roads being increased 40 to 50 ?

movingon.blog.gov.uk/reminder-h … and-wales/
I asked that same question on another thread and got given that link by another member. Looks like it’s definitely both of them on the 6th

IndigoJo:
Just got back from my night run from Horley (Surrey) to Sheffield and back. As I’ve no work planned for this weekend, this will be my last trip under the old speed limits! No more doing 20mph less than most of the traffic on roads like the A3 which are motorways in all but name, and no more sitting at 40mph (or always looking over my shoulder). Whatever your religious beliefs, today is definitely a good Friday for us truckers.

Ooh yes isn’t it wonderfully spiffing, we can all achieve those tight arsed schedules now because I don’t think for one minute that most bosses will see it as an opportunity to increase them even further now, as I am like you so naive . Good Friday for us yeh yippeee. Can.t wait for next week sunshine and lashings of ginger beer .

:unamused: ffs :unamused:

IndigoJo:

I’m wondering why the OP ends up on the A3 if travelling between Horley and Sheffield?
I’ll be making much more use of the A217 to reach the M25 now.