By road to China

A Dutch company has just delivered a load from Germany to China.

Wont concern use once we get brexit done and dusted

Other way.

bigtruckmagazine.com/news/item/ … -trip-ever

biggriffin:
Other way.

bigtruckmagazine.com/news/item/ … -trip-ever

Note, there is not one single mention in that article of the bloke who actually drove the thing there. :wink: :wink:

Could have supplied a larger cab !!

Harry Monk:
Note, there is not one single mention in that article of the bloke who actually drove the thing there. :wink: :wink:

Im sure you RDC types will meet him.

mrginge:

Harry Monk:

I did earlier. He just dropped a backload of rice off at Waitrose in MK. Was telling me he’s just driven 72 days straight. Says it took ages getting through Europe due to EU regs but once he was outside he was flat to the mat for three weeks solid, sleep in Beijing for a nine then flat to the mat all the way back.

toonsy:

mrginge:

Harry Monk:

I did earlier. He just dropped a backload of rice off at Waitrose in MK. Was telling me he’s just driven 72 days straight. Says it took ages getting through Europe due to EU regs but once he was outside he was flat to the mat for three weeks solid, sleep in Beijing for a nine then flat to the mat all the way back.

That is what the TIR plate means:- Tacho Is Resting :laughing:

well assuming he had no stoppages its doable even within regs doing 60km/h every day for 9hrs… oh wait what about weakly rest?? so the driver commited an offence. he should be detained and the comapny fined as soon as he reached first EU country.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyway I’d much rather run a trailer of cereal into Asda Lutterworth…

I’m thinking this must have been done as some type of publicity stunt. It would cost around £1,500 to get a 40’ container shipped DDP from Germany to China. Road transport would cost 4-5 times as much.

folken83:
well assuming he had no stoppages its doable even within regs doing 60km/h every day for 9hrs… oh wait what about weakly rest?? so the driver commited an offence. he should be detained and the comapny fined as soon as he reached first EU country.

^^^^^^^^^
what offence would he commit when outside of eu regs? as if it would matter.

Harry Monk:
I’m thinking this must have been done as some type of publicity stunt. It would cost around £1,500 to get a 40’ container shipped DDP from Germany to China. Road transport would cost 4-5 times as much.

That must be the slow boat to China for that price

The one already done was the same company but was from China back to Europe. This is part of China’s new Silk road.

dieseldog999:

folken83:

^^^^^^^^^
what offence would he commit when outside of eu regs? as if it would matter.

Russia has adopted and enforces eu tachograph regulations.

Harry Monk:

Yes but air freight for 24t (say) would be something over £20,000 as I understand. (Might be completely wrong but normally I am not :laughing: ). Door to door time it would not be far behind air, and a lot quicker than sea.

The trucking company is Alblas. The trip took 12 days with just one driver, going via Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.

flying viking:
The trucking company is Alblas. The trip took 12 days with just one driver, going via Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.

So if there was enough volume, they could do trailer / driver swaps and get towards half that ?

They either have or anytime soon reopening the silk road train line. To enable.goods to.be moved from.china to Europe more eailsy and quicker than by sea

Ready for red nose day

tb.jpeg.jpg