By drivers for drivers?

I just wondered as this site is APPARENTLY by drivers for drivers what other truck drivers sites people are allowed to link to and mention in their own posts?.

Please dont go telling me to ask permission for each and every one as that would take forever and you ■■■■■ would pick and choose which one (this one) you prefer.

So come on what other sites will you allow your members to freely link to in their signature or by mentioning in reply to.

The reason I ask is not only because i think the once owner was once someone i held in high regard for the trucking industry but later was extremely surpirised that he was actually only interested in personal financial gratification NO the reason I ask is that …

Someone asked recently about working for a specific haulage company who APPARENTLY dont treat their staff as good as some other haulage companies and he could have found the answer on another TrUcKeRs website easily BUT my link was removed rather rapidly .

SO who are the members of this site allowed to link to withing the industry?.

Please list them.

I bet they say none, or dont answer it…

This one might help you.

englishinbritain.co.uk/

Deleted for personal attack

So back to the topic then truckers websites that are allowed to be linked are?.

So back to the topic then truckers websites that are allowed to be linked are?.

Basically, direct links to specific posts that are relevant to the thread they are linked in are fine, but generic forums links aren’t.

So the one you put in linking to a thread on TW stayed, but the one that just has the website URL didn’t.

We’re doing a New Year review of our rules as we speak, because we agree they’re too long and complicated. Watch the forums for details.

Edited for Personal Attack.

TonyS:
Edited for Personal Attack.

WTF :unamused:

Lucy:
Basically, direct links to specific posts that are relevant to the thread they are linked in are fine, but generic forums links aren’t.

So the one you put in linking to a thread on TW stayed, but the one that just has the website URL didn’t.

We’re doing a New Year review of our rules as we speak, because we agree they’re too long and complicated. Watch the forums for details .

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Are you going to wait until January for the rule change or squeeze a few more in before then?.

Someone asked if a specific haulage company were good to work for or not , I told the guy to go to another website and speak to a driver who had worked for the haulage company NOTHING to do with which part of the website I linked to but specifically linked to a member who doesnt come on this site much ( understandable) but uses a different one which is FAR more orientated towards the industry and not the financial side of their own pockets like this one.

Lucy:
So the one you put in linking to a thread on TW stayed, .

Which one was that then?.

Lets face it once upon a time there was NO competition for you …until you seen the pound signs was there??.

I use more than one truck site and if I need to inform or ask about an issue on an opposite site then I find the best way is to use the PM (Private Message) system.
That way no-one gets upset or if they do then any backbite is kept private and away from the main site. It also allows for someone to tell me to ZB off without using ZB - if you get my drift…
Why cause a possible problem when a bit of forethought and planning can avoid it - I found that out the hard way :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:
We live and learn… :slight_smile:

thought i was censored till i saw this thread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So I take it no-one from this site will be giving me a straight answer then?.

Watch this space, Alex. January is but a few hours away. :stuck_out_tongue:

I preferred Jammy Mutt when he had a bee in his barnacle about fog lamps :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I preferred Jammy Mutt when he had a bee in his barnacle about fog lamps :stuck_out_tongue:

I missed that, can you post the link :smiley:

Lucy:

We’re doing a New Year review of our rules as we speak, because we agree they’re too long and complicated. Watch the forums for details.

What is an “generic forum” : Lucy :question: ,could it be any truckers forum that could be in competition with trucknetuk :question:

oddsodz:

Lucy:

What is an “generic forum” : Lucy :question: ,could it be any truckers forum that could be in competition with trucknetuk :question:

nail hit and head come to mind :wink:

oddsodz:
What is an “generic forum”

It didn’t say generic forum, it said “generic forum links” so the word generic relates to the type of link and not the type of forum. :unamused: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

It’s a link which goes to a general forum index rather than to a specifically relevant page.

So I take it now that you have made your new rules subject to change whenever oyu feel like it of course ;0.

That you are still not going to give me a list of welcome other trucker websites that can be used in links.?.