Butlers quarry,Maltby

Thanks for posting aizlewoods revman.I have no info on these two drivers I am afraid.

BonkeyDollocks:
Found this pic on the net. Sorry it’s not clearer.

An MFS (Littlewoods) Scania 81 and 40ft trailer went across the road here one night.Driver left handbrake off while getting delivery notes. :laughing:

Hi chris,I take it thats rotherham road could not identify buildings on right.

paul motyka:
Hi chris,I take it thats rotherham road could not identify buildings on right.

Spot on Paul,there are or were allotments to the left.You could buy some great stuff in season,especially tomatoes,and flowers like Dhalias and Chrysanths.

paul motyka:
garmin who was your dad and what lorries did he drive,i used to go with reg marshall and kenny barr do you remember them.the photo of the drivers was taken when ted foley retired he is second from right front row next to barry mullins.

Hi Paul My Dad was Jack Buckley from Edlington

Hi garmin,I worked at butlers auto sales on low road,I remember benny & rob but cant remember your father might have met him when I went with drivers but cant place him.Have you any pics or info you could add to the site.I have spoken to dennis torr who was the quarry manager,then later company secretary he is in the process of writing a book but needs a lot more info &pics.I have some pics to post from the early days but need to contact owner for permission to post.Trying to find as many people as poss still living to obtain pics before its too late.In my earlier post you will have seen I lost a close friend totally unexpected you dont know whats round the corner enjoy everyday as much as poss,sorry to ramble on.regards paul.

Dad's Lorry GKW397N.jpg[

JACK BUCKLEY.jpg

DAD DRINKIN TEA IN LORRY.jpg

JACK BUCKLEY'S RETIREMENT DO AT BUTLERS.jpg

Thanks for posting pics garmin,what year did your dad start working for butlers.Did he drive a commer in his early years when cyril herrington worked there.The foden S39 that he is drinking his tea in do you know the reg no,the one I went in with reg marshall was UWT 463L.I remember them when brand new loved riding in them.I remember eddie my school mate simon herrington went with him sometimes instead of his dad,I spoke to him a few times.Simons brother alan just retired from amberhill.If you come across anymore will you please add them to the thread.Do you happen to know the address of geoff bagley,his father was fred.Geoff gave some pics to dennis torr I would like to get his permission to put them on here.regards paul.

Garmin:

Was this taken at rotherham road garmin.

The late graham beach was the owner driver of this foden,after tarmac bought butlers.RIP GRAHAM.

Running out of lorry pics,I have some of the people who worked for butlers will add these to keep it up to date.Left,eddie shield.Right-? worked for ready mix concrete.Rear-bill hunter.This was taken at the ready mix plant that was on hire to steetleys.

tarmac plant screen house.

I did a short time for S&H recovery :blush:
got a call out ,
wheel missing :confused: , on M1 just down from services
got to him , jack up axle , chain up and told him to get off and tip, said you will have to go with me ,cost you i said ,he insided i had to go with him ,off to Maltby, think it was over £200 , ■■■■ turpin is the name of the recovery game , i have been on the both ends of the recovery system :smiling_imp:

Eddie shield.