Butlers quarry,Maltby

butlers quarry 026.jpg

butlers quarry img020.jpggirls from the offices,l/r bernie,anne shield,pat wilkinson,taken in butlers board room pat & bernies leaving do.

Blaster bates time.

butlers quarry img022.jpgFront row l/r albert evans,wife & dennis torr quarry manager taken at butlers board room on albert retirement.

Hi all,just been browsing through the forum and came across this page.
I used to get into the quarry with a mate of mine and happen to have some pics of terry fosters foden 8 wheeler i took for him,somewhere around the early 1980s.
I will try to get them posted on here but not having much success at the moment.
Nice to see the pics already on here though,memories of a misspent youth etc!!!

Welcome to trucknet ruudvandriver,hope you are successfull in posting the foden would love to see it.Have you known terry for a long time i am trying to remember if he drove a aec 6 wheeler at some time for some reason it rings a bell.Do you live in maltby if so could i call to see you,have you any other pics.I have some to post but need to get permission.regards paul.

Hi paul,no i don’t know terry foster other than when we saw him in passing in the quarry and surrounding,as we did with all the other faces around at that time.
I am not from maltby but know a couple of ex maltby lads,andy and chris adams, zin winstanley,whos dad used to work at butlers/tarmac and adey westwood to name a few.
I used to live in tickhill when i was running about with a friend of mine who worked for reg brookes driving one of his old scammell eight wheelers…oh the excitement…huh!
Still its nice to look back occaisionally isn’t it.
I saw von ryan in passing a few months ago,he looked like he was keeping busy,as always but can’t say that i,ve seen many more old faces recently,but time has passed since the 1980s so i would imagine most of them will have packed it in long since anyway…
One of the biggest jobs that was going at the time was the stretch of the M180 at the end of the motorway and the beginning of the dual carriage down to grimsby.
Still remember the new 7Ts fodens with the 265 Rolls in them getting bogged down on there while our tatty old scammell kept on plugging away through the mud!brill stuff.
Ah well,me being all nostalgic again,not the same though when you’re driving for a living yourself is it?..better days,certainly!

Thanks for reply ruudvandriver,did you get my pm about pics.paul.

paul motyka:
garmin can you tell me if the chap in the middle is eddie anthony0

No Paul Eddie Anthony’s picture isn’t on this Photo

Hi paul,yes i did get your message but i am a little careful of sending my piccies to somebody i dont know.
Nothing against anybody but i am just a bit cautious.
i might send you one across to see what you think

Hi ruudvandriver do I have your permission to post the pic you sent me.Cheers paul.

Yeah,no probs

Terry fosters foden S80 model I think,taken by ruudvandriver,I cant remember this one much I started work for butlers in 1974 so missed a lot of the new stuff arriving.

Found this pic on the net. Sorry it’s not clearer.

Sorry to inform you but my close friend graham beach who I went with to the ex butlers quarry at stainton died on friday 3rd feb after a heart attack in his car on the way to work.I went to his funeral yesterday,I have been to upset to put this on before.He started work for butlers in 1977 driving a foden s36 VWX 605F.RIP GRAHAM BEACH.

Sorry to hear that Paul.Very sad when you lose a good mate.RIP to another driver.
Dave

Thanks for that dave.

found this so have put it on Paul is offline for (hopefully)short while

john burden drove the aizelwood dodge,then later used this ex fllingham erf on tir work(spare wheel always mounted on the front grill) & still trucking at 67

then this daf