Buses, coaches, & lorries

Couple of Warrington buses Ray, first one thanks to Barry.
Oily

This one all credit to Martin for the photo and text.
FED 795 is a 1949 Leyland Titan PD2 Leyland H15R, Warrington Corporation 10.
Oily

Bus Warrington Martin49 cc by 2.0 15135863967_598cdb6964_k.jpg

Thanks to Oily for the Warrington pictures. With regard to the Warringtons buses that are operating in the Wigan area,
unless they have an arrangement to park their buses overnight locally, the round trip from Warrington to Wigan and back
is about 25 miles round trip of " Dead Mileage ", and that is something that bus operators do not like. I think that some of
their buses are Ex Jim Stones of Leigh, some of which I posted on here recently.

Ray.

oiltreader:
Dennis Pax bus courtesy of Clive A Brown one of two new in 1968 to Llandudno Urban District Council.
Interesting article here dailypost.co.uk/news/local- … ry/7013054 running on the Great Orme Circular and also restoration.
Oily

Here’s one of a pair that did the same job in earlier times…

30 April 1985
Westlands
Droitwich Spa
Worcs,ENG

International Harvester ‘school bus’ !!

image.jpg

Clocked this one on an industrial estate on the southern fringes of Girona in 2010…28th of May 2010 to be precise…Around about 1715 in the evening to be pedantic.
I must apologise about the quality of the images, but they are what they are I’m afraid,…, I’m no David Bailey…Sorry.

Here’s another shot of the same vehicle taken from a different angle using the same crap camera. ( what’s that saying about a poor workman blaming his tools ?)

And this last shot is of a similar vehicle, taken at Crewe on the 8th of December 2013.
This is a much crisper image, as I believe I took this one prior to uncorking the Pinot noir.

3 June 1985
M5 South
Upton Warren
Worcs. ENG

Unidentified ■■■■■■■ Bristol Loddeka trundling South.

This Wilts & Dorset Bristol KSW5G was new in 1951, and is seen in 1971 at Basingstoke
having been painted and transferred to the Driving School. Picture by John Hypher.

A Wilts & Dorset Bristol LS6G with ECW bodywork passing through Milborne St Andrew
on route 34 from Salisbury to Weymouth in 1968. Picture by Chris Aston.

Ray Smyth:
This Wilts & Dorset Bristol KSW5G was new in 1951, and is seen in 1971 at Basingstoke
having been painted and transferred to the Driving School. Picture by John Hypher.

And very handsome it looks.

17 July 1985
Glos and Warks Railway
Toddington Station,
Gloucs, Eng
492 AON
Thames Duple.

This Liverpool Corporation Leyland PD2, fleet number L192 is on route 44D to Kirkby. It is on Walton Lane having just gone
past Everton F.C. football ground. The roadway is being widened to create a dual carriageway from this location toward the
city centre. About 200 yards beyond the railway bridge is Walton Hall Avenue, the start of the East Lancashire Road, A580.
On the railway line, approx 100 yards to the right of the picture is where, sadly, little Jamie Bulger was found in 1993.

1956 at W Alexander and Sons Aberdeen Depot and my first experience of strike action, the young innocent(specs) under the tree, can’t even remember what it was all about, the bus had just come in from the Ballater Depot and no doubt a bit of persuasion was the order of chat.
Oily

Are you sure Alexanders had a depot at Ballater back in 1956, Strachans Deeside Omnibus Co covered that area they along with about 7 Fodens and AECs were not taken over until May 1965. However an early Alexander services map shows a through route Aberdeen to Blairgowrie.

Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Are you sure Alexanders had a depot at Ballater back in 1956, Strachans Deeside Omnibus Co covered that area they along with about 7 Fodens and AECs were not taken over until May 1965. However an early Alexander services map shows a through route Aberdeen to Blairgowrie.

Cheers, Leyland 600

I am sure G, the Ballater Depot crews ran Braemar Aberdeen route No1 with Aberdeen Depot change over drivers and clippies about Banchory. I distinctly remember a change over as it was my first introduction to air assisted brakes that being on a Leyland Tiger Cub, off a half cab and in wi the passengers :smiley: .
Strachans were also operating at that time and their route was on the South Deeside road whereby Alexanders ran the North Deeside road A93. I departed Aberdeen in August 1957 so don’t know what happened after that.
Cheers
Oily

Three Leyland PD2 buses at the Old Haymarket terminus in the centre of Liverpool.
The 2 green & cream buses are Liverpool Corporation, and the red one at the rear
is from the Ribble fleet. The entrance to the Mersey Tunnel is immediately to the
right of the picture.

Old Haymarket...jpg

Thanks for the additional info E, was Alexanders Ballater depot the one recently converted to Ballater Coop after being vacated by Stagecoach ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

IMG_2491 AEC Monocoach Ballater.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

13 October 1985
Severn Valley Railway
Kidderminster Station
Worcs ENG.

MXX 336, Guy Vixen. GS 36
New to LT in Nov 1953
ECW bodywork

Ex Southdown Leyland PD3 now with OK Motor Services of Bishop Auckland, Co.Durham.
The bodywork is by Northern Counties of Wigan. Picture by Gavin Booth.

Early drawings from " The Leyland Atlantean " by Gavin Booth.