Buses, coaches, & lorries

A Volvo coach parked near to the Scania that I had seen the previous day in Mojacar.

Ray Smyth.

A coach parked next to the Mediterranean Sea at Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain, May 2022.
The coach driver is sat in the shade of the sun in the passenger doorway. The driving mirror
frames seem to go bigger and bigger. I did not manage to find the make of this coach chassis.

Ray Smyth.

An Iveco bus from the fleet of Autocares Baraza on the 55 minute journey from Mojacar to Vera. May 2022.

Ray Smyth.

A Scania bus of Autocares Rodrigues at the main bus stop in the village of Mojacar, high up in the hills. May 2022.

Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

Dennis Javelin:

Ray Smyth:
Two pictures of this Irizar coach seen last month in Mojacar, Almeria Province in Spain.
Is IRIZAR the name of the chassis or the bodybuilder, or perhaps both ?.

Ray Smyth.

The chassis will be a Scania as I think they own Irizar.

Dennis, Thank you for your info, Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Am i correct in noting that the ‘Scania’ Irizar appears to be sporting a Volvo badge centre front.!

pyewacket947v:

Ray Smyth:

Dennis Javelin:

Ray Smyth:
Two pictures of this Irizar coach seen last month in Mojacar, Almeria Province in Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Dennis, Thank you for your info, Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Am i correct in noting that the ‘Scania’ Irizar appears to be sporting a Volvo badge centre front.!

Yes, It has the style of a Volvo badge, but it looks shorter and on a steeper angle than the usual Volvo
badge. I am comparing it with a couple of Volvos that I have posted on here in the last few days. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ray.

A “bought” Ronnie photo of a Foden retired to showman duty, wonder who it was first ran by.
Oily

Credit to hamster! for the photo,
Oily

French Neoplan Jetliner credit to Dave Fawcett for the photo, no idea about the power/chassis tho’ it does have the “Pranching Horse” on the badge,
Oily

oiltreader:
A “bought” Ronnie photo of a Foden retired to showman duty, wonder who it was first ran by.
Oily

ORE868 - Foden PVSC6 - Chassis No 26686 - Bodywork is Lawton, C35F.
It was new to Rowbotham of Harriseahead as their fleet No 9 in December 1947.
(Info from: buslistsontheweb).

Dennis Javelin:

Ray Smyth:

Ray Smyth.

There’s no financial tie between Irizar and Scania. When Irizar first entered the UK market everything was on a Scania, I always thought this was a marketing ploy to going market share, this wasn’t the case elsewhere and not here now. They build on Scanias, MAN IVECO and Mercedes chassis but now more and more are integral rather than on a loose chassis, these mainly seem to be DAF powered. Whilst their bodies are quite stylish personally I don’t rate the build quality.

A few buses taken in Bedford. Nmp

A busy scene on William Brown Street in the centre of Liverpool that appears to be the late 1950s.
The line of Liverpool Corporation buses from left to right appear to be Leylands and AEC. The first
of the 3 buses coming up the hill is one of 100 Daimlers supplied to Liverpool Corporation in 1948/49.
The bodywork of the Daimler is one of 50 by Northern Counties in Wigan, the other 50 were body framed
by Weymann in Addlestone, London, and completed by the Corporation at their large Edge Lane depot.

Ray Smyth.

Buzzer

Let’s hope this single decker Bristol was low geared for hilly terrain.

I had forgotten about these. I remember them being purpose built to carry cyclists through the Dartford Tunnel when it first opened in the sixties. IIRC it was bikes downstairs and riders upstairs. They were built on Ford chassis and I think there were two of them.

6868251872_e88cbe7657.jpg

If the last passenger this Lisbon driver picked up happened to be an inspector, it’s quite possible that he took his cards home to tea! :laughing:

Rdf.png

Buzzer

Before n after, she’s a rum looking bit of kit! NMP off FB

A Stagecoach double decker parked outside the bus station in Wigan town centre.
I think the present Stagecoach paintwork looks a bit better on the double decker
bus than on the single decker. Some people will like it, I expect.

Ray Smyth.