Buses, coaches, & lorries

Ray Smyth:
I recently found this picture of a group of people about to board this coach, perhaps for a trip to the seaside.
The coach looks very much like a Harrington bodied ex Silver Star/Wilts & Dorset Leyland Tiger Cub,
because of the pointed style front headboard and the fishtail rear. I have also attached a picture of a Silver Star
Leyland coach to give a better impression of the unusual upper frontage of the coach. NMPs.

“Unusual upper frontage”?
Ohhh…the coach… :smiley:

Sorry

I had put this unappropriately on another thread, but think it’s better here. According to what looks like a Mack logo and a Bulldog nose, it must date back to c. 1930.

Some buses from the NE Tyneside

Preston / Ribble

A Stagecoach bus leaving Wigan Bus Station on a dull day earlier this month.

Ray Smyth.

An Arriva Volvo on route 352, St Helens to Wigan, at the traffic lights on the A577 at Pemberton, Wigan.
Just half a mile to the rear of the bus is motorway junction 26/M6 and the end of the M58 which starts
16 miles to the west of here at Aintree, on the outskirts of Liverpool.

Ray Smyth.

A Mercedes-Benz coach parked on the beach road last month at Mojacar in Almeria Province, Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Some of you may be familiar with the picture of the couple on the back of this bus on the beach road in Mojacar, Almeria
in south east Spain. They are originally from the West Midlands and were in an afternoon TV series regarding the sale of
properties for mainly UK people. Their company, based not far from here is called Spanish Property Choice. The bus is
from Autocares Baraza in the town of Vera, approx 5 miles from here.

Ray Smyth.

Two pictures of this Irizar coach seen last month in Mojacar, Almeria Province in Spain.
Is IRIZAR the name of the chassis or the bodybuilder, or perhaps both ?.

Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:
Two pictures of this Irizar coach seen last month in Mojacar, Almeria Province in Spain.

Ray Smyth.

The chassis will be a Scania as I think they own Irizar.

Dennis Javelin:

Ray Smyth:

Ray Smyth.

The chassis will be a Scania as I think they own Irizar.

Dennis, Thank you for your info, Cheers, Ray Smyth.

A Volvo bus from the fleet of Autocares Baraza passing through the busy port of Garrucha
in Almeria Province, south-east Spain. This bus is about half way through its 55 minute
journey from Mojacar to Vera where its depot is.

Ray Smyth.

A Scania bus of Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos in Almeria Province, south-east Spain.
It is parked at the terminus of the unusual circular route from here at Puerto Marina at the
end of Mojacar Playa. My friend Carlos, the driver had nipped off for a quick coffee. I first
met him about 5 years ago when he was test driving this particular Scania through the very
narrow streets of Mojacar Pueblo ( Village ), when the bus was brand new, 2nd picture.

Ray Smyth.

Two pictures of an Irizar coach parked on the beachside road at Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain. May 2022.

Ray Smyth.

Two pictures of a Mercedes coach parked next to the Mediterranean Sea in Mojacar, south east Spain.
I was intrigued by the paintwork of this coach…It was neither a gloss finish or a matt finish. May 2022.

Ray Smyth.

One of the earlier Scania buses of Autocares Rodrigues from Los Gallardos in Almeria Province, Spain.
At 2.30 in the afternoon, the local buses park up for 30 minutes because it is Siesta time. :sunglasses:
The driver is sat in the bus having his break, probably with the air conditioning switched on.

Ray Smyth.

Tyneside

237549680_518610099369168_5256198014333390049_n.jpg

Seen in Zagreb

A Scania coach parked up in Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain. May 2022.

Ray Smyth.