Burry S.E. and stowmarket Truck Stops

Well drving down the A14 I have seen the sings for lorry parking at these 2 poins but have never checked them out
Would like to check them out online first before I drive down there
As I will be parking up in that neck of the woods sunday night

I used to use the boss & driver truck & driver truckstop map to find where to park up
But it dose not work anymore
contacted the owers of the site and thankyou for bringing this to our attention we will look into it
That was 3 months ago :imp: :imp:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120273&p=1861958#p1861958

Just want to know when they are open and what facilities they have

PS
The one at Burry I was told was free parking so Im intrested in that as the boss has had enough of me using his SNAP account

Risby is good

I saw the sign at Bury the other day, wondering what it’s like myself.

Same for the Stowmarket one. I know nothing of it and I bloody live there! Nobody round here seems to know anything about it. I shall investigate further but I reckon it’ll be an empty lot on an industrial estate with some portaloos thrown on.

We can only hope that it’s better!

Regarding Bury St Ed’s, I wonder if this is it?

risbys.co.uk/showers/4571745241

Not sure about the Risby one.But the free one at Bury is ok.The cafe won’t be open.But there are toilets.Walk down the bottom of the hill is a bp garage to.

daftvader:
Not sure about the Risby one.But the free one at Bury is ok.The cafe won’t be open.But there are toilets.Walk down the bottom of the hill is a bp garage to.

And after dark, some dogging action.

Bury S E is a council owned park.Free.Good surface. Good cafe and toilets but not open on a Sunday night me thinks.(Cafe that is - parking open 24/7.

Bury st Edmund has a free truck park. There is a cafe on site and a toilet block. Get here early to get a chance to park cos after 5 you have no chance.
Its on Rougham Road. Well signposted from A14

Is Risby’s what used to be Deputy Dawgs?

Yeah was deputy dawgs.

weeto:

daftvader:

And after dark, some dogging action.

Really?.Dam.Not parked there for ages.Missed all the action.

sayersy:
Is Risby’s what used to be Deputy Dawgs?

not sure about that.
come off at 41 eastbound and just follow the road ahead cafe is on your right…can`t miss it.
from the east,come off at claas.
newmarket road,risby is the address.zoom in on google maps…you can see it

Bury lorry park is free and 24/7 for parking, cafe isn’t 24/7 thou. Plenty of Good decent spaces, all Tarmac, as said a 3 min walk down to the BP garage. Or walk back to the A14 ■■■■■, go st across, there is a big Sainsburys 50yds up.
Stow market lorry park, if heading towards FXTO, take 2nd Stowmarket exit, turn right, 150 yds st across that ■■■■■(big Tesco there) down dual c’way (about 600yds) to traffic lights, go right, dual c’way (400yds) to another ■■■■■, st across that lorry park on right after couple of hundred yds. Have you seen the vicar of Dibly when she jumps in a puddle and disappears down it? It’s like that, there is nothing there but it is free. If weather is ok it’s a brisk walk into town. From memory if you walk to the las ■■■■■ you went over there is a pub nr there.

Risby is another truck stop and is what used to be Deputy Dogs. That’s at Barrow, Newmarket side of Bury, pretty sure it’s not open Sundays thou. The Bury lorry park is the last Bury exit if Fxto bound.

Note for anyone who stops at Stowmarket, the high street is a 5 minute walk away. Few pubs, wether spoons etc that do food. Also, Dominos if anyone wants food delivered.

There’s a Morrisons down the road, not sure if it’s 24/7 but might serve handy for supplies and a relatively clean toilet!

Yes Risby is a different truckstop
its the one that sell key fuel

Any road since as I had time tonight to pop in and have a look on my way down
There is a cafe at the Burry site called ‘Hilltop cafe’
Cant find a web page for it online only a few reviews
And this is one of them
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86626
Only hold about 30/40 trucks any way
Cant see how they make any money at it

I too had time to stop at the stowmarket site
And it is just an open piece of ground round the back of a BP garage
Parking about 5 trucks

Is this all the A14 has to offer
Ow yes Oral truck stop and welford (see my other post)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=122071&p=1899214#p1899214

msgyorkie:
Bury st Edmund has a free truck park. There is a cafe on site and a toilet block. Get here early to get a chance to park cos after 5 you have no chance.

+1
regards dave.

dafdave:

msgyorkie:

+1
regards dave.

what time is the shower block open too?

Was there not a truck stop just before the Royston juntion coming from the east felixstowe side
That you can clearly see half demolished from the roas side?

mc thackeray:
Parking about 5 trucks

If you had read my post, you would know that you weren’t at the Stowmarket lorry park. You were at the back of the BP garage in the parking area that gets locked at night and doesn’t allow overnight parking.

kindle530:

mc thackeray:
Parking about 5 trucks

If you had read my post, you would know that you weren’t at the Stowmarket lorry park. You were at the back of the BP garage in the parking area that gets locked at night and doesn’t allow overnight parking.

To be honest mate I just followed the HGV parking signs which lead me into the BP garage
If you know other wise then please post a postcode or road name

Yes the Stowmarket “truck stop” is purely a bit of hard standing that is at the rear of the BP station just off junction 49. Eastern end of the bypass.