Burn Bros . Barton N/Yorkshire

Great shot of the old 2 Stroke Tilt Cab version, Keep them coming, I sure there must be more of them about, Thank you, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great shot of the old 2 Stroke Tilt Cab version, Keep them coming, I sure there must be more of them about, Thank you, Larry.

Thats the first one ive seen Larry,like you say lets hope some more turn up,thanks to ERF64.

This one any good Shugg?

Another good photo loaded with ICI fert i would think, taken at there depot in Barton,if you go up the thread you will see the depot as it is today.

Hello to all who are interested in Burn Bros Barton, I am also looking for photos of these wagons as my dad worked for them for 22 years as a driver then in the garage, I would be interested in any photos if any one has any and yes they did have a monkey , Jacko was his name, a real character.

davids 1600e:
Hello to all who are interested in Burn Bros Barton, I am also looking for photos of these wagons as my dad worked for them for 22 years as a driver then in the garage, I would be interested in any photos if any one has any and yes they did have a monkey , Jacko was his name, a real character.

Sent a PM

Lawrence Dunbar:

v7victor:

shugg:
Does anyone out there have any information , photographs etc , regarding this operator who ran a fleet of very nice Fodens and other makes on night trunks to the Glasgow area , I believe they also ran a fleet of coaches , are they still in business ? all information would be interesting .

Ive seen some of their old motors on a video somewhere but I cant for my life think where it was or where I was shown It, Possible one of the Transpennine runs ■■?, & perhaps going over Shap ■■?, I will try & find out as I would enjoy seeing them again, Regards Larry.

Hi Lawrence Dunbar,
If its any help there is a dvd called, vintage commercial vehicls on the road volumes 1&2 , I got that via Heritage commercials lorry mag, there is a bit on foden 2 strokes and Burn bros is on that, I don’t know iff its still available, hope this is of help, trunker08

Hi, Trunker 08
Ive had a look on Ebay and there are some on there, could you describe the front cover as I wouldnt want to buy the wrong one

Thanks Davids 1600e

great picture lemonmouth, I’m having a go at guessing the date of the photo, judging by the mini metro in the background I’m gonna pop for 1985 which is a testament to Foden that this old girl is still working a shift despite being 21 years old

HI davids 1600e, here go’s!! it was free with Heritage Commercials, its in a brown cd cardboard holder, on the front on the left is a Leyland, brown in couler, with orange? wings, headbord says P.J.Boughy, on the right side is a brown Foden 8 legger tanker, with P G Thompson, on top of cab IE above wind screen.
I also have a “tape”!! of vintage commercial vehicles, volume 1, that has “foden and foden 2 strokes” on it including “Burns” much the same as dvd, cant remember how I got that, but address is…CMS VIDIOS, Rock House,Scotgate ,Stamford, Lincolshire, PE9 2YQ, tel,01780758224, or www.cmsvideos.com,
Hope this will help you, good luck , trunker08

Hi Trunker8,
Thanks for the info on the dvd I, will have a look round I have looked on ebay but its not the one you have described but now I know what to look for, thanks again

davids1600e

Hi to all you drivers seeking photos of Burn Bros wagons, ive put two in my album , please feel free to take a look ,the images are rather small if any one can tell me how to enlarge them I will have a go, Whitsuntide was my dads day he loved to take part with the wagon as a float am I right in thinking the split screen was a AEC? advice please .

davids 1600e:
Hi to all you drivers seeking photos of Burn Bros wagons, ive put two in my album , please feel free to take a look ,the images are rather small if any one can tell me how to enlarge them I will have a go, Whitsuntide was my dads day he loved to take part with the wagon as a float am I right in thinking the split screen was a AEC? advice please .

Yeah it is an AEC,that photo would took on the old A1 at Barton just round the corner from the depot.

Hi v7victor,
After taking a closer look I think it was taken on Victoria Road in Richmond just by Rosemary lane were the zebra crossing is now.

davids 1600e:
Hi v7victor,
After taking a closer look I think it was taken on Victoria Road in Richmond just by Rosemary lane were the zebra crossing is now.

Aye it just looked like Barton at first glance. :blush:

Hi v7victor,
I can see were your coming from it looks a little like the road by the shop in Barton :slight_smile:

davids 1600e:
Hi v7victor,
I can see were your coming from it looks a little like the road by the shop in Barton :slight_smile:

Aye it does but i think your right with Richmond :blush: where you living now?

Hi v7victor,
After spending 19 years in Gilling we moved to Darlington last year, and you?

davids 1600e:
Hi v7victor,
After spending 19 years in Gilling we moved to Darlington last year, and you?

We left Cleasby in 1956 and came to Aycliffe and i still live there now.

Its a bit of a small world, just after I got married we moved to Eppleby for 12 years thats just up the road from Cleasby.