Builders merchants pics

I found an old thread with pics of builders merchant trucks tippers ect anything that goes into sites. But it seems most have been removed. Anybody got any more?

2012-06-22 09.45.23.jpg
Does this count as our quarry supply Jewsons, Travis Perkins etc? :smiley:

Regret never getting any decent pictures when i was on for these, have a couple more on my phone but its not working at the moment. That was the first artic i drove and looking back i’d have probably been locked up if tugged from vosa :open_mouth: … Oh how you learn quickly working for “less professional” firms.

Yes all pics welcome :slight_smile:

Is that b and q hiabs?

class2 hiab:
Is that b and q hiabs?

W.T Burdens , sub contracted to B&Q amongst others. The white volvo was mine last year it was on hire from BRS.

I had this one for a while, used to carry stillages full of stuff for constructing floating house decks.

But the main reason was carrying this monster. Klemm HR709 Piling rig.

Used to go over to the IOW quite often with it, 15’ high when loaded so it would only fit on 2 of the 5 ferries.

Although coming back empty it would fit on all of them, even the little Lymington ones although they had to load it first and get you all the way through before lowering the second deck.

This one was taken at Yarmouth outside the ferry terminal, the little white Iveco 130E15 is an ex A-Z Supplies / Chelmsford DBC motor that I drove on my previous job.

Nice bit 10 wheeler concrete pump. Huge V8 engine on this.

The Volvo had a non identical twin which I’d drive occasionally, 39t/m crane

On site enough?

Another site type vehicle.

Not site work as such, but similar.

I got loaned out to drive this once for local builder, seemed novel driving a little toy.

Dust Suppression!

Another rank of sweepers for you.

This one I had for about 3 years, could squeeze stuff on here quite well.

Two Unimogs!

This one I had for a year, mega uncomfortable compared to the other one.

Had a spell driving this.

Some days went better than others!

Loaned out to drive this for a month or two.

I actully remember you driving them from your diarys was always good reading

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Saaamon:

Regret never getting any decent pictures when i was on for these, have a couple more on my phone but its not working at the moment. That was the first artic i drove and looking back i’d have probably been locked up if tugged from vosa :open_mouth: … Oh how you learn quickly working for “less professional” firms.

First pic . . good ole Iveco . .some things never change !! :smiley:

Double whammy for you, the Cargo was a welfare unit that wasn’t roadworthy so confined to site.

8t & 14t machines.

25t machine 12’ wide.

Collecting bagged sand to deliver to site.

Current vehicle

My current wagon, I’ve only had it 6 months

002.JPG
General construction stuff.

068.JPG
My old wagon

One I did the other day.

Shame about that plastic toolbox next to the metal one, spoils a nice motor.

Suedehead:

Saaamon:

First pic . . good ole Iveco . .some things never change !! :smiley:

lol, use to put 5-6litres of oil in it every 4weeks, was only doing about 200km a day. Milage was 165k (km).

2 of the 3 I regualrly go out in.

Easy day with a few packs of joists on the newest motor in the fleet

Couple of days later, ratchet straps off, waiting for the crane crew to unload it all.

Great little motor that yellow one.