Bryan Haulage, Oakhampton

Any one know what they are like to work for??
Conditions, number of nights out etc?

I know they run fridges with MAN units and know roughly what the money is like

Any infomation is appreciated

no idea what they’re like to work for ! but see them about a lot

lot of ERFs too, look in reasonable condition - no bling :wink:

sorry, can’t help any more

If you’re thinking about coming up that far what about trying Gregory’s at North Tawton ? ?

Thought about them but didn’t realise how close to Oakhampton they were without looking at the map

Thanks for that denis, another one to look into

gdl.uk.com/jobs.html

They USED to be chasing their arse everywhere, when I say used to, i refer to mid 90’s, have met couple when i used to chase MY arse driving a black & red truck !!

Also being able to speak Polish would be a distinct advantage!

I rang them about work about three years ago and their money was poor then, don’t know about now. the night out money at the time was only about £7 a night and I was told that if I was loaded I would be expected to to park in a recognised truck stop when I pointed out that most stops were more than that for the night they said that is not their problem those are the rules . So said thanks but no thanks their reply was your loss mate I don’t think so :unamused: :unamused:

cassius

They are a bit better now, yes money is pants (but i’m a newbie) £6 per hour weekdays, £8 per hour weekends. Night out is £19 according to jobcentre advert.

I take it they didn’t pay parking then!!!
How many nights out a week?

Thanks for that

btw where in Cornwall are you■■?

No they did’nt pay parking then you was expected to pay it yourself and as I said they expected you to park up somewhere secure if loaded. I live the St Austell area
[/quote]

I know they go busted a few years back for tachograph offences, 20 drivers fined!

Nights out would be as many as they wanted if they wanted to. The way I read that was you would get hte dregs if nobody else wanted them and I have been driving to long to work like that

Thanks for that, will have to see what happens when I have a “chat” with them.

Unfortunatly I am in the position of not having enough experience to be too choosy (and after making a couple of bad moves less to choose from)

I’m not too far away in Redruth/Camborne area (Already tried R+R didn’t work out)

Just an update, spoke to them this morning

Interview and assessment friday afternoon

Isn’t this the same company who got shafted by the local T.C a couple of years back.

From what I remember the local aughority gave planning permission to build a housing estate near their yard.
Subsequently one of the residents who moved onto the new estate complained to the T.C on enviromental grounds and the T.C imposed restrictions (somthing like they could only enter & leave their site between 09.00 & 17.00) that made the business untenable resulting in about 40 odd drivers being made redundant?

It is not them NSH, been up today and I can assure you the yard is in the middle of nowhere!!!

UPDATE

they are happy with me, i’m happy with them. Just waiting for a start date (because of our intending house move) but it looks like I will be on Sun - Thurs, 4 nights out a week.
Parking paid!!!

Mostly RDC and store deliverys.

In other words…

I GOT IT :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

congratulations :laughing:

HI mate.

Congratulations, I would enter the job with extreme care, if you thought Conway’s was hard going?

Watch your hours and check the vehicle you use carefully, have heard a few tales.

John

hi guys im new to the forum,liviing in brum ,working class1 outa hamshall,a question to the cornish lads if you dont mind, is work that tight down your way asi was thinking of moving down there in a couple of months,got friends living in perranporth, me & missus love it down there ,were just gonna give it a go also got my class 1 psv,not looking for mega money just better lifestyle,any coach companies that you no of that might be worth ringing, dont sound to good on the hgv side of things,any help would be great…jako

Theres a firm round Truro that run black and white scannys with rag siders, can’t remember the name, long name that begins with a C, used to load up 20’ box’s there with recording equipment/mixing desks, all of about 1.5 tonnes to go to Felix(always fri PM :unamused: ). Usually loaded within 15 mins, seemed like a decent firm with happy drivers and friendly office staff. Always offered a brew with the boss mucking in, sometimes he was on the FLT.
Funny thing was they always sent two trucks at a time with a 20’ each :unamused: Somebody was paying for that but to me as an OD the job was a piece of [zb] :smiley: :sunglasses:

Good news Semtex. Hope it works out and it is everything you want it to be.