British Road Services - North Western Area

Hi rapidgem,
I’m new to the forum and have just read your notes dated 10/8/08 re BRS North Western area fleet lists. I am researching the early days of BRS and I wonder if I could take you up on your offer? Would you be good enough to list the vehicle allocations of the depots you mentioned? I have found your Bolton allocation so no need to include it.

Thanks.

boballoa

Hi rapidgem,
I’m new to the forum and have just read your notes dated 10/8/08 re BRS North Western area fleet lists. I am researching the early days of BRS and I wonder if I could take you up on your offer? Would you be good enough to list the vehicle allocations of the depots you mentioned? I have found your Bolton allocation so no need to include it.

Thanks.

boballoa

preston had adept in watery lane and frank st which in turn became wincanton

Hi Bob, I’ve just scanned the BRS lists from July 1958, in the format they were passed on a good few years ago to me as A4 photocopies, although I think the originals would have been foolscap sized, therefore, as you will notice some of the details at the bottom of the original list is missing off the photocopy. But at least it provides something for us to work on.

Also in a lot of cases the makes and carrying capacities are not given, I have managed to fill in a few of the blanks on Queensferry Depot (See my BRS Queensferry Thread) from photos etc, but there are still lot’s of detail missing, a bit like a jigsaw puzzle and I keep scratching about hoping to find the missing pieces! :smiley:

If anyone can fill in the missing detail - Makes - Types etc, that would be great!

Kind regards - Rob

boballoa:
Hi rapidgem,

Thanks.

boballoa