Bridge weight limit! What are the fine's?

Hey all,

Long time since i been on here…

My work had a letter drop through the door this morning stating that i have crossed a bridge (Bradford-Upon-Avon, Wilts) Twice, Once in Jan And once in Feb… This bridge states ‘18 tonne M.G.W’ (Except permit holders)

I wont bore you with the details of why i went over the bridge, All i am trying to find out is what are the penalties for this?

Some people are saying its a flat fee of £30… Hard to believe, And some are saying it could possibly be £300+

Just to make my week extra special i now remember getting completely lost trying to get to the olympic site in London and managed to cross Tower bridge, (Yes i know im a BIG ■■■■■) This i believe is also ‘18 tonne’?

This isnt a post so you can critise my driving skills… I know ive done wrong and have already accepted that! Any real driver will know, These things happen!!!

Anyway, Any help on these issues will be much appreiciated… Just wanna put my mind at rest and start saving :frowning:

Blackrandomapple:
Hey all,

Long time since i been on here…

My work had a letter drop through the door this morning stating that i have crossed a bridge (Bradford-Upon-Avon, Wilts) Twice, Once in Jan And once in Feb… This bridge states ‘18 tonne M.G.W’ (Except permit holders)

I wont bore you with the details of why i went over the bridge, All i am trying to find out is what are the penalties for this?

Some people are saying its a flat fee of £30… Hard to believe, And some are saying it could possibly be £300+

Just to make my week extra special i now remember getting completely lost trying to get to the olympic site in London and managed to cross Tower bridge, (Yes i know im a BIG ■■■■■) This i believe is also ‘18 tonne’?

This isnt a post so you can critise my driving skills… I know ive done wrong and have already accepted that! Any real driver will know, These things happen!!!

Anyway, Any help on these issues will be much appreiciated… Just wanna put my mind at rest and start saving :frowning:

You are brave, owning up to such an eronious act on here.
Can’t help you about the fine as I would never ever go through a weight limit :wink: :sunglasses: :wink:

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?gwyuux
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Honest is the word i think your looking for! Bump

Write back and point out that the signs are misleading, state that these bridges are clearly not weak as they are still standing after you’ve driven across them repeatedly. :laughing:

You’ve nothing to lose by writing back defending yourself, if you have some sort of reason as to why it happened. Twice on one bridge is going to be a hard one to get out of though.

There is a nimby 7.5t type weight limit for about 1/4 mile in Witham, Essex on the main road through. They nailed a driver for for going through it reguarly, he had deliveries on either side and used to cut through rather than drive (about 4 miles extra )out to the bypass, and back in again. They warned him and he carried on, so they took him to court and did him for £1000

does this help?
bradfordonavon.com/archives/2467

Blackrandomapple:

Wait a hour or two and you’ll realise I was correct to say brave :wink:

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?yfxvyk
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

eek… I know im in the wrong and its a case of taking the wrong road early on my journey, Its not untill i get within a mile of passing the bridge i realise ive took the wrong turn AGAIN, Ive done it before years ago when working agencys… You would think id learn! The probleb being, When io have realised ive done it again, its too late!!! No turn around :frowning:

We have a 7.5 tonne weight limit on our bridge, a company has just been fined £3000 for crossing it three times.

A FOOD firm has been fined more than £3,000 after its lorries broke weight restrictions and used an historic bridge.

Derbyshire County Council prosecuted JJ Food Service Limited, of Solar Way, Enfield, Middlesex, for breaking the weight restrictions at Swarkestone Causeway, Swarkestone.

The bridge is a scheduled ancient monument and is covered by a 7.5-tonne weight restriction to protect it from damage.

The authority said the company had broken the weight restrictions three times. On all occasions the vehicles had a maximum gross weight of 17.8 tonnes — more than double the legal limit.

The case against JJ Food Services Limited was heard at Derby Magistrates Court. The firm was fined a total of £3,000 after admitting the charges by letter and was ordered to pay court costs of £115.

Although I fail to understand why the company were fined and not the drivers.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Blackrandomapple:

very helpful, Thankyou!!

Have left a comment.

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

Blackrandomapple:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Blackrandomapple:

very helpful, Thankyou!!

Have left a comment.

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

glad to be of assistance

It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.

I got caught in a 26tonner going over 7.5t MGW bridge in London :blush: . I was caught on a cctv camera :imp: , and got a £120 fine in the post, reduced to £60 if paid in 2 weeks.
Although i have heard rumours about Tower bridge being a £300 fine

Owen

Can answer the Tower bridge one as 2 class 1 drivers at our place have done it, 1st one was gaffers little bro :blush: who was loaded, he got £270 fine plus £60 costs.
2nd driver who went over with an empty trl never heard anything so must be a weight sensor on it before the bridge!

Longman5978:
Can answer the Tower bridge one as 2 class 1 drivers at our place have done it, 1st one was gaffers little bro :blush: who was loaded, he got £270 fine plus £60 costs.
2nd driver who went over with an empty trl never heard anything so must be a weight sensor on it before the bridge!

Or its done on CCTV and some one just missed it

IM gunna be waiting on edeg for ages to come…

Thanks guys for your info, Looks like i lose lol!!

Tower bridge offenders get their heads chopped off and stuck on a pole.

There’s a pub near Tower Bridge called The Hung, Drawn and Quartered . It’s not called that for nothing. :wink:

del949:
does this help?
bradfordonavon.com/archives/2467

Thanx for that Vacancy :grimacing:

London is expensive when it comes to fines, 270 sounds about right to me. The other ones tho, 30quid possibly that’s if you even get caught which I doubt. I’m not scared of weight limits try to avoid them but won’t ■■■■ about is there’s work to be done.

44 Tonne Ton:
There’s a pub near Tower Bridge called The Hung, Drawn and Quartered . It’s not called that for nothing. :wink:

Or you could take your missus down the Coal Hole or up the Oxo Tower :laughing:

8wheels:

44 Tonne Ton:

Or you could take your missus down the Coal Hole or up the Oxo Tower :laughing:

Did you hear Wogan one morning telling that story one morning about taking a bird up the Oxo tower? I practically ■■■■■■ myself! :laughing: