Bridge Strike at Ely

I know there are plenty of bridge strike threads here, but this one’s a bit different. I can (maybe) understand accidents where the top of the trailer catches the bridge, but the bridge here must have been at the driver’s head height! How on earth has he managed to do this? You’d think at the least that his self-preservation instincts would kick in

Looks like the red artic behind him in the last picture may have been about to do the same thing, unless there is a junction i cant see

Thats the road over the level crossing the other trucks taking, not under that most well known bridge where you even duck when driving a car under it!

How did he not notice that. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Now thats what you call being optimistic… then the phone call to the boss… sorry boss but your going to need a new window screen and some other bits and bobs. :unamused:

No excuse in this case maybe in sum other cases , but not this 1 that bridge is well known and well signed up wiv warnings , theres a branch 2 the right were you go over top of railway line, he is a ■■■■■■ ! or needs 2 get an eye test ?

neil46:
How did he not notice that. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Oh, I think he did…eventually

haha…wishful thinking…or was there a little voice in his head saying it will go under there… it will…!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Must have left his glasses at home, probably on the phone and then couldn’t stop in time.

16’ 6" I’ll get under that. Doh!!

ricardo62:
No excuse in this case maybe in sum other cases , but not this 1 that bridge is well known and well signed up wiv warnings , theres a branch 2 the right were you go over top of railway line, he is a ■■■■■■ ! or needs 2 get an eye test ?

What he said! ^^^^

Probably one of those drivers that never take any notice of signs, they always know better, oops!

i normally defend bridge strikers, but even i’m gonna struggle to defend this one :laughing: :laughing:

This is the sort of driver that should be banned for life from driving trucks or be forced to take an extended test. This is absolutely inexcusable of a “professional driver”.

Jeez just seen this,I know the truck and it would of done that route over the crossing 100’s of times taking straw to Ely power station at Mepal. Wonder why he thought he could get under the bridge on this occasion!!

I use this route often…He has to have been distracted to do that, I would say it is impossible, but this driver has clearly shown me to be incorrect :laughing:
I really don`t understand how that has happened :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

AHT:
Looks like the red artic behind him in the last picture may have been about to do the same thing, unless there is a junction i cant see

The red motor is on the correct route,to go over the level crossing next to the bridge :wink:

xfmatt:
This is the sort of driver that should be banned for life from driving trucks or be forced to take an extended test. This is absolutely inexcusable of a “professional driver”.

What exactly is a ‘professional driver’? £40k pa??

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

att:
I use this route often…He has to have been distracted to do that, I would say it is impossible, but this driver has clearly shown me to be incorrect :laughing:
I really don`t understand how that has happened :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah I think your right he must of been distracted by something.Coming from that direction you have nothing until you are right up to the bridge,coming the other way you have the mini roundabout which you turn right at and then the pedestrian crossing!!

ThrustMaster:

xfmatt:

What exactly is a ‘professional driver’? £40k pa??

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

A professional driver is anyone who drives for his or her profession regardless of pay.