Bridge Strike at Ely

I used to work on the railway and that bridge used to get hit a lot but I just cannot understand how the hell he didn’t see it it’s nearly always queuing there anyway because it’s such a busy crossing I’ve seen a Luton transit get stuck under there with three men in it 2 got out let the tyres down abit lowered the tail lift and started jumping up and down while the driver was spinning the wheels to get it out

Dave77erf:
I used to work on the railway and that bridge used to get hit a lot but I just cannot understand how the hell he didn’t see it it’s nearly always queuing there anyway because it’s such a busy crossing I’ve seen a Luton transit get stuck under there with three men in it 2 got out let the tyres down abit lowered the tail lift and started jumping up and down while the driver was spinning the wheels to get it out

This is just a trailer for a new “specsavers” advert. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev. A blind man on a galloping horse should be able to see that bridge.

First rule of TNUK, its never the drivers fault, either blame the wind, drivers health or another driver.

ThrustMaster:
What exactly is a ‘professional driver’? £40k pa??

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

How much more do you think he would have to be paid to get him to avoid hitting the bridge?

kevmac47:
A blind man on a galloping horse should be able to see that bridge.

If he didn’t see it, at 2.7m he would probably feel it :slight_smile:

iangam:

ThrustMaster:

xfmatt:
This is the sort of driver that should be banned for life from driving trucks or be forced to take an extended test. This is absolutely inexcusable of a “professional driver”.

A professional driver is anyone who drives for his or her profession regardless of pay.

When I filled out my car insurance form online, under employment it didn’t list professional LGV driver, just LGV driver…funny that! :unamused:

So by your logic, anyone can stick ‘professional’ at the beginning of their job title, as it’s their profession regardless of pay.

ThrustMaster:

xfmatt:
This is the sort of driver that should be banned for life from driving trucks or be forced to take an extended test. This is absolutely inexcusable of a “professional driver”.

You pay peanuts, You get Polish.

well someone had to say it. :laughing:

ThrustMaster:

iangam:

ThrustMaster:

xfmatt:

A professional driver is anyone who drives for his or her profession regardless of pay.

When I filled out my car insurance form online, under employment it didn’t list professional LGV driver, just LGV driver…funny that! :unamused:

So by your logic, anyone can stick ‘professional’ at the beginning of their job title, as it’s their profession regardless of pay.

Its not my logic its just what the word means, feel free to look it up.

must of been half asleep at least.

there is absolutley no excuse for hitting that! not a good advert for lorry drivers either!

It’s obvious he wasn’t going fast enough.

peterm:
It’s obvious he wasn’t going fast enough.

PMSL!!!

Incredible stupidity. I hope he dint spill his coffee over his i phone. :unamused:

Mid-life crisis…he’s now got the cabriolet he always wanted thanks to the bridge! :laughing:

194m3:
there is absolutley no excuse for hitting that!

There is no excuse for hitting any bridge. Except for one: Poor resurfacing and the signs not being changed.

Know the height of your vehicle. If necessary, stick a post it note next to the feet and inches in your cab. If in doubt, re-route. All these things are drummed into learner truck drivers, an experienced driver should know better.

The approach to that bridge is clearly marked with an alternative route for hgvs over the tracks.

ThrustMaster:

xfmatt:

Never really subscribed to this as bad drivers are bad drivers no matter what the pay

he must have been half asleep due to the fireworks, and as such, should have sat at home tossing it off, as ROG would have you do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thats gotta be some kind of wind up, looking at that bridge is like looking at the sun how can you not see it…

Saaamon:
Thats gotta be some kind of wind up, looking at that bridge is like looking at the sun how can you not see it…

Blinded by the light?

Is it time to give up when I see things like this I can see why we have such a bad reputation how can you hit that bridge ,I make mistakes but the driver of that truck should really have is licence took off him