Bridge Heights In London

Looking for a website that can tell me the height of bridges in London, I have my truckers atlas but need to double check a couple of bridges especially the one on the A13 Commercial Road at Limehouse British Rail Station… Is Transport For London or something like that I need to contact…

Regards

Stew

Have you tried google street view?

Edit. Just looked. No restriction on bridge but there is a sign saying 14ft tunnel height restriction.

Yes did try that and it is not marked up so im assuming it would be ok but from the picture it doesn’t look like a16ft 2 trailer will go under it.

I see your dilemma. Is it 16’6" minimum for unmarked bridges? Try ringing network rail?

Yes i think unmarked bridges are 16 6 minimum and i think that 14ft sign is for the Rotherhithe Tunnel…

Stew131:
it is not marked up so im assuming it would be ok

If it isn’t marked it will be 16’ 6’’ (min)

redboxer850:

Stew131:
it is not marked up so im assuming it would be ok

If it isn’t marked it will be 16’ 6’’ (min)

Or you can claim when you hit it if the gypo’s have nicked the signs to weigh them in.

16 6 minimum but even then they’re always a few inches higher.

Try

www.londonlorrycontrol.com

Lou

Stew131:
Yes i think unmarked bridges are 16 6 minimum and i think that 14ft sign is for the Rotherhithe Tunnel…

You are not aloud in there in a lorry sorry .

Don’t be going through the Rotherhithe as it’s a 7’6 width restriction.
No problem using the Limehouse either if I remember rightly although I prefered using the A13 and Butcher Row.

Your trucker atlas is as good as you’ll get for your heights chap.

16’6" for unmarked bridges?

I’ve never seen one marked at anything above 16’0" so I always thought that the threshold was there…

Can anyone give me a googlemap reference for a bridge (viewable on streetview) that states an amount between 16’1" and 16’5" inclusive?

Answers on a postcard, or better below this post please. :sunglasses:

If some hightops are 15’11", then they barely fit under the bridges on the luton stretch of the M1, looking at the dents to the concrete underneath (presumably from bouncing up and down as you pass underneath! :open_mouth: )
This would also fit in with my “no need to mark bridges 16’1” high" theory here, as if the M1 bridges were 16’7" plus instead, then there would be more visible clearence when you’re following some pallet carrier. Sometimes it looks as if an extra coat of paint on the roof would have them chipping more chunks out of the bridge!

Winseer:

I’ve never seen one marked at anything above 16’0" so I always thought that the threshold was there…

Can anyone give me a googlemap reference for a bridge (viewable on streetview) that states an amount between 16’1" and 16’5" inclusive?

If some hightops are 15’11", then they barely fit under the bridges on the luton stretch of the M1, looking at the dents to the concrete underneath (presumably from bouncing up and down as you pass underneath! :open_mouth: )
This would also fit in with my “no need to mark bridges 16’1” high" theory here, as if the M1 bridges were 16’7" plus instead, then there would be more visible clearence when you’re following some pallet carrier. Sometimes it looks as if an extra coat of paint on the roof would have them chipping more chunks out of the bridge!

Our deckers run at 16’2" and haven’t clipped any bridges.

HTH

I think Tesco fridge deckers are marked up at 16’4"

Winseer:

I went with 16’3" between heathrow up M25/M1 to Leicester or up to M25/M40/A34 or whats that and M1 but also M25/M40/A429/A46/M69 to Junction 23 if i remember right.
Had a bit space left.but not much

Hiya i think the last time they resurfaced the M1 they plained alot deeper so after resurfacing they still had the height.
when they surfaced in the very early 80’s they somehow did’nt plain deeper.i had a 15.6 trailer and always
shuddered just before toddy. I was on toddy one time there was a chap with a crane on a low loader, h’ed just taken a fair chunk out of that bridge… he said he’d come from leatherhead with no problems…

winseer…if you google map a bridge your not sure of the height…take the little gold man from the top left where the + & - sign is put him down on the road near the bridge, then you can turn him or walk him along to see the hight on the bridge
I know its a pain you soon find the routes you can do…you can get a AA drivers atlas from amazon for £4.75
its called ,…AA truck drivers ATLAS…it has every bridge height in the UK amazon post to your home address.
John

Winseer:

Answers on a postcard, or better below this post please.

No, but I know of a footbridge marked at 16’ 6’’

g.co/maps/h9ba2

dri-diddly-iver:
I think Tesco fridge deckers are marked up at 16’4"

I’m parked next to 4 of them in Ullapool at the moment.They are all marked “Body height 10’ 6”,check sizes.Overall height (C)=body height(A)+fifth wheel height(B)".They are all the type with big wheels and independant suspension.We pull the other type for them,the ones on small wheels.These seem a lot higher.Will have a look at one tonight when I’m in Livingston.

Winseer:

All bridges with a clearance of less than 16 feet 6 inches (about5 metres) are normally signed. Both regulatory roundels andwarning triangles can be used, depending on the type of bridge.

ukmotorists.com/lowbridge_signs.asp

Hiya… theres no height restriction on the limehouse tunnel. theres just a flammable and chemical restriction.
John