Bridge destroyed in Salsburgh

Ok…who was responsible for this…own up :laughing:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla … 126694.stm

asking for witnesses? did the driver just ■■■■ off :laughing:

is that the old glasgow-edinburgh road ?

Yeah…i believe it is, Merc :slight_smile:

Nice. unmarked if I remember correctly. maybe a 16ft decker trailer hit it. it always did look a touch low

Looks real rusty just like the lampost next to it :open_mouth:

Looking at the bend in the girder of the bridge, I would put money on it being a lowloader with a 360 on that did that, the 360 jib being too high…

Had an idenical thing on the A2 many years ago, same sort of damage etc…

well, look on the bright side. it can’t happen again. :laughing:

Hi,

I came across this post in your forum and thought i would join to give you some more info on this.

I live in and was born and bred in Salsburgh, the vehicle was mistakenly reported as a lorry in fact it wasn’t, it was a yellow van towing a crane and container, the road is still at this time closed to traffic.

He done the village a good turn as most want it torn down anyway lol.

Hope this helps

ps it was the old A8, now the B7066 to Newhouse from Whitburn.

Brett
(local resident/Salsburgh)

BrettM:
Hi,

I came across this post in your forum and thought i would join to give you some more info on this.

I live in and was born and bred in Salsburgh, the vehicle was mistakenly reported as a lorry in fact it wasn’t, it was a yellow van towing a crane and container, the road is still at this time closed to traffic.

He done the village a good turn as most want it torn down anyway lol.

Hope this helps

ps it was the old A8, now the B7066 to Newhouse from Whitburn.

Brett
(local resident/Salsburgh)

welcome to the nut house brettm :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

“the vehicle was mistakenly reported as a lorry in fact it wasn’t,”

Typical press jump to the concliusion that it was a lorry driver !

Update-
Crane carried on a flatbed apparently

tiny.cc/jaTcn

not even a truck, i seen the vehicle and it was a yellow van with amber flashers and as mentioned the low loader

BrettM:
not even a truck, i seen the vehicle and it was a yellow van with amber flashers and as mentioned the low loader

The Daily Record Today shows a photo of a 17 tonner flatbed with a Hiab crane (badly damaged) carrying a container as the offending truck

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott … -21485550/

oh looked like a yellow van with flashers but i could be wrong lol

The vehicle involved was a 26ton scania fitted with a rear mount palfinger crane.
The driver had loaded a container at Tam’s loup quarry and for whatever reason had forgotten to fold the crane away.
I dont know the driver but I know a couple of guy’s who work for the same company and it seem’s the guy had a lucky escape.
I havent seen the truck either but from what I’ve heard the crane is wrecked and the chassis is a bit twisted.

Dont see the photo.

Police said a 39-year-old man had been reported to the fiscal over an alleged road traffic offence.

No ■■■■ sherlock :laughing: