Bricks and blocks

Have an offer on the table of tramping on bricks and blocks, never done this work before and wondered if anyone has done it or has any constructive comments on it?

Bricks & Blocks, used in construction, is that constructive for you??

Tramping is tramping, as I’m sure someone of your Calibre knows, as for what’s on the trailer bed, they’re just smaller hay/straw bales and get delivered to building projects.

Hope this helps you decide.

Some building sites want the delivery very early , such as 5 or 6 am, to beat the jams.
Depending on the base, it maybe a one am start.
If its wagon and drag, find a place to drop the drag, deliver the first load, then go back for the drag to deliver that load.
Most London sites don’t hang around and tip you real quick.
The advantage of brick work is deliveries to builders merchants , means they can shut at
15.00 for the last delivery, so find a decent dpot to park up.
No need for secure parking, park where you want.
If a Hiab crane, out in all weathers.
Health and safety at collections

im on that what would u like to know mate

hothow:
im on that what would u like to know mate

thanks bud, considering most sites close down around 4 ish in the winter, does it alter in light nights? Also would imagine early starts and difficult to find new sites?

Go on then I’ll play along… What on and who for?

If only it were true, not a hope, even at times normen bates acted normal for some of the time. This man just can’t let go
He’s had more jobs in the last 6 months than i have had in all of my life and yet he doesn’t need it becouse he has his own business

Friend of mine does it and loves it, sure it’s not easy with h&s overkill at places but still possible to have a craic with the lads, something that’s increasingly under threat these days.

Apart from the obvious: weather, tight entrances, hard to find locations, mud, usual construction site hazards etc…

Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

red7jase:
Go on then I’ll play along… What on and who for?

Lego?

UKtramp:
wondered if anyone has done it or has any constructive comments on it?

I noticed you wern’t at work today - Have you been fired again UKtramp?

I started playing with Duplo blocks as a child but eventually I moved onto Lego for the ‘‘bigger boys’’ but I soon got bored and now I just like watching Sooty and Sweep, the sock puppets! :confused:

The thought of moving onto real bricks and blocks is so exciting!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Minecraft…

Can be safely done incognito on the internet, an you can troll to your hearts content according to my kids.

Is it crane or hi ab type thingy attachment (technical term :smiley: ) ?
Think some firms pay you extra every every time you use it, which will be a bonus (literally :smiley: )
Never fancied it as I like to keep interior of my motor clean, and I don’t like being knee deep in ■■■■ as you would be on a site.
I do farms and they are bad enough.
If you aint happy in present job it’s worth a punt, nothing to lose mate.

Alibongoooo:

UKtramp:

I started playing with Duplo blocks as a child but eventually I moved onto Lego for the ‘‘bigger boys’’ but I soon got bored and now I just like watching Sooty and Sweep, the sock puppets! :confused:

The thought of moving onto real bricks and blocks is so exciting!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Give it a rest mate ffs,… you’re obsessed. :unamused:

Satnavs don’t work on building sites

Alibongoooo:

My mummy has said that once I have finished playing with the ‘‘grown-ups’’ blocks, she is going to buy me a camera with a very long selfie stick and teach me how to take photos of myself from 50 feet away… I can’t wait! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t have thought keeping the interior of cab clean would be a major issue, I do construction sites an my cabs spotless, no boots in the cab under any circumstances, top step is where they live, an I’ve got waterproof bottoms n overalls in side locker if needed to keep the crap off my clothes that inevitably gets flicked everywhere.
Other than that I would imagine it’s a fairly easy going job.

toby1234abc:
Some building sites want the delivery very early , such as 5 or 6 am, to beat the jams.
Depending on the base, it maybe a one am start.
If its wagon and drag, find a place to drop the drag, deliver the first load, then go back for the drag to deliver that load.
Most London sites don’t hang around and tip you real quick.
The advantage of brick work is deliveries to builders merchants , means they can shut at
15.00 for the last delivery, so find a decent dpot to park up.
No need for secure parking, park where you want.
If a Hiab crane, out in all weathers.
Health and safety at collections

great info, thank you

Dipper_Dave:
Friend of mine does it and loves it, sure it’s not easy with h&s overkill at places but still possible to have a craic with the lads, something that’s increasingly under threat these days.

Apart from the obvious: weather, tight entrances, hard to find locations, mud, usual construction site hazards etc…

Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Seems similar to farm work then Dave really,

robroy:
Is it crane or hi ab type thingy attachment (technical term :smiley: ) ?
Think some firms pay you extra every every time you use it, which will be a bonus (literally :smiley: )
Never fancied it as I like to keep interior of my motor clean, and I don’t like being knee deep in [zb] as you would be on a site.
I do farms and they are bad enough.
If you aint happy in present job it’s worth a punt, nothing to lose mate.

Just fancy something different now rob, happy enough where I am but I get bored doing the same thing, always been my problem.

robroy:

Alibongoooo:

UKtramp:

Give it a rest mate ffs,… you’re obsessed. :unamused:

+1