Brexit

We’ve all seen the signs brexit eu paperwork will change.
But stoped at Corley north services today.
And some officials (in obligatory Hi viz vest) had a stand in there. brexit is coming paperwork and travel to Europe will change ask us for details

Good to see Boris is putting it out there and offering advice.
Not sure a stall at Corley will help. As not really near the channel or any ports. Unless there out nationwide?

I’ve been dusting off Carnets and have dug out a couple of old TIR boards on top of getting my international driving permits.

Just need some goods to help “ease” passage through borders again and I’m sweet.

Also cant wait for theee frictionless borders that were knocking about in the 90s and prior because some of the queues I got caught in dont tally with that particular mirage…

Ask them if they have leaflets for dogging sites, apparently the powers that be are now pondering the issue that there will be an increase in dogging activity with so many trucks queued up at ports.

Whatever next [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a waste of time putting those gantry signs up in English, Polish or Lithuanian might be more effective.

Don’t forget the coffee money so the stamp mysteriously misses cancelling the permit.

I assume the flyers given out are the same as the ones in the ferry ports?
Basically they say
“Something is probably going to happen. Visit www.gov for details”.
After answering various questions there you are advised you need to sign up for email alerts, when they have some more info.
Good ole Boris, as far thinking and well prepared as we have come to expect.
Useless for any company or person seeking to make plans.
And remember this is only the exit talks we are dealing with so far. This is only the first chapter of the book.

And the number of UK drivers affected by this are ?..

I would much rather they used the boards to give me traffic information.

jongood:

Overheads should be used firstly for any info relevant to the immediate time and place. Totally agree. Secondly for safety messages.
General gov info? Probably not.

edd1974:
We’ve all seen the signs brexit eu paperwork will change.
But stoped at Corley north services today.
And some officials (in obligatory Hi viz vest) had a stand in there. brexit is coming paperwork and travel to Europe will change ask us for details

Good to see Boris is putting it out there and offering advice.
Not sure a stall at Corley will help. As not really near the channel or any ports. Unless there out nationwide?

I had the same at M5 Cullompton msa of all places the other Friday. :neutral_face:
I was waiting for a shower and this young girl with a clipboard asked me if I ran Europe, I haven’t been over for 10 yrs…but Christ she was fit so I told her I still did and let her go through her routine with me for 10 mins . :blush: :laughing:

I think this £100 million on advertising would have been better spent when we had a date for leaving, and what the deal was. That way information may have been more specific.

You don’t think it’s all part of Boris Johnson’s (remainer) plan to make us think he wants to leave, and then when we don’t he can blame the EU and his fellow remainers?

Darkside:
I think this £100 million on advertising would have been better spent when we had a date for leaving, and what the deal was. That way information may have been more specific.

You don’t think it’s all part of Boris Johnson’s (remainer) plan to make us think he wants to leave, and then when we don’t he can blame the EU and his fellow remainers?

If you reallly want to go down that route :unamused: …, whether Boris is pro remain in his own mind or not is irrelevant , at least he is a rarity.
ie…An MP who is doing what he is paid for…representing the will of the electorate and the majority of the people who voted to leave, despite every form of delaying tactic by the (now embarrassingly boring) whinging remainer contingent. :smiling_imp:

robroy:

Darkside:

If you reallly want to go down that route :unamused: …, whether Boris is pro remain in his own mind or not is irrelevant , at least he is a rarity.
ie…An MP who is doing what he is paid for…representing the will of the electorate and the majority of the people who voted to leave, despite every form of delaying tactic by the (now embarrassingly boring) whinging remainer contingent. :smiling_imp:

TBH I think he is that much of a decisive a character I doubt if he does represent the majority of people who voted leave, (I can’t see any Liverpool leavers are keen on him after ‘those’ comments).

Maybe I am wrong, (more likely than not :slight_smile: ) but I can’t see any true desire or real words from him to leave.

If we do ever leave when he is pm, I will put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Do you not agree that all this money on this campaign would have better spent when we knew when we leaving and in what form.

Darkside:

robroy:

Darkside:

TBH I think he is that much of a decisive a character I doubt if he does represent the majority of people who voted leave, (I can’t see any Liverpool leavers are keen on him after ‘those’ comments).

Maybe I am wrong, (more likely than not :slight_smile: ) but I can’t see any true desire or real words from him to leave.

If we do ever leave when he is pm, I will put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Do you not agree that all this money on this campaign would have better spent when we knew when we leaving and in what form.

Of course I do, but there should not be a ‘campaign’ (in the true sense of the word) , it should be just a forgone conclusion after the fact that a majority voted and got a democratic result, but the minority who did not get the result that they wanted cried and kicked off, and have started their ‘‘campaign’’ (including personal muck raking and dirty tricks :unamused: ) to delay and ultimately go against the democratic result. all this money is only being spent because of this.

Listen mate I ain’t an armchair political ‘‘expert’’ like a couple on here, I drive a truck, but I comment and draw conclusions on what I see and hear, after separating in my head the facts from the smoke screens of ■■■■■■■■ and bull ■■■■ put about by those with an ulterior agenda. :bulb:

My sister lives in northern Ireland
She been issued some kind of green card by her insurance I think. Free of charge.

So she can legally drive in southern island if she wants
Card was free as it stands she can drive there now legally. If brexit happens she has to carry her card .
God knows why

edd1974:
My sister lives in northern Ireland
She been issued some kind of green card by her insurance I think. Free of charge.

So she can legally drive in southern island if she wants
Card was free as it stands she can drive there now legally. If brexit happens she has to carry her card .
God knows why

Because without it after Brexit if there is no deal her insurance will be invalid in the Republic as will her driving licence unless she gets an international licence.

Hauliers should be talking to their exporting customers about the route planned between collection and delivery points and using the environment and fuel resources arguments as a benefit to their customer to move away from the overused Dover and Cheriton option. It won’t work for all destinations but much greater use needs to be made of the longer sea crossings, this will benefit all since the lower volume through these two crossings will reduce delays at them.

cav551:
Hauliers should be talking to their exporting customers about the route planned between collection and delivery points and using the environment and fuel resources arguments as a benefit to their customer to move away from the overused Dover and Cheriton option. It won’t work for all destinations but much greater use needs to be made of the longer sea crossings, this will benefit all since the lower volume through these two crossings will reduce delays at them.

Is there much spare capacity away from Dover?
Won’t other ports be affected too?
If any routes are seen to be unaffected by delays they will surely attract more trade without using “greenwash” arguments.

Franglais:

cav551:

Is there much spare capacity away from Dover?
Won’t other ports be affected too?
If any routes are seen to be unaffected by delays they will surely attract more trade without using “greenwash” arguments.

I think there is definitely room for more capacity on the longer crossings Newhaven - Dieppe has just dropped down to two sailings a day from three now the summer is over could easily keep that at 3 all year round. It will be interesting too see how much traffic uses the Calais to Tilbury when it is up and running, Immingham probably has spare capacity as there is no morning sailing to the Hook from there from either Cobelfret or Stena.

jongood:

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes other ports will be affected by delays , but you can get into and out of a football ground more quickly if there is more than one entrance/exit, so the fewer queuing at each potential ‘port’ the quicker everyone gets through.

As for capacity it is a matter of making more capacity. Get on with it.

As for the green or environmental argument, and I am by no means an environmetalist, things cannot continue as they are, we need to look further than the end of our noses and be all consumed by any possible Brexit induced hold ups. A child of five looking at a map can see that having thousands of lorries travelling from parts of Northern or Southern Europe around two or three sides of a square to reach Northern and Western addresses in the UK does not make sense.