BREXIT.

Brexit starting to kick in, new series of Porridge being made.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Albert1:
Brexit BBC2 has been killing this debate so much i wont listen after Ken Bruce.
Im glad we voted out but im sick to death of hearing whiners droning on about it.we do not and never did need the EU.

Total BS, you don’t even know your own history, where was UK economy before you join and where has been for the pass decades?
Where did UK drivers worked in the 80’s, where are your pensioners retiring etc. Where do you get young workers from.
Its all thanks to EU.
Its no one else fault but UK labor Gov that open its market for newly accepted EU members back in 2004 when actually you could have put 7 years ban. Now you complain against EE migrants, even hate crime is on a rise. By the way the ban was imposed onto Bulgaria and Romania from 2007 to 2014.

Carryfast and Winseer were telling me 6 months ago that Germany or EU wouldn’t dare put tariffs on UK. No way EU will start a trade war with UK. Who’s gonna buy their BMW and Audi etc.
Well reality become grimmer by the day.
Since Amber Rudd fascist speech the pound lost 10 cents. Norway said the road to EEA will be tough to impossible. France and Germany aligns against UK cherry picking on Brexit.
Today German businesses back Merkel proposition to be tough on UK.
When National front looses the election in France the Brexit will be more grimmer then ever.

“Markus Kerber, the leader of Germany’s largest industry group, the BDI, said recently that trade, investments and single-market solidarity with the rest of the EU were more important than the volume of business German companies do with Britain”.
theguardian.com/world/2016/ … ver-brexit

Hate crime on the rise :imp:
theguardian.com/politics/20 … es-confirm

Pound slumps to 168-year low :open_mouth:

ft.com/content/78478eee-e17 … 8a98f2f9bd

Dolph:
Carryfast and Winseer were telling me 6 months ago that Germany or EU wouldn’t dare put tariffs on UK. No way EU will start a trade war with UK. Who’s gonna buy their BMW and Audi etc.

I said a few times on EU referendum threads that they would make things difficult for us with trade deals, only for carryfast to respond with the usual “feel free to explain” ramblings.
I know very little about politics but I live in the real world and even I saw the problems that were going to happen with a brexit vote but people like carryfast were too fixated on other issues to see it. They thought they had all the answers but only the most naive thought the rest of the EU would wish us well and be favourable with the exit terms

Remainer=Pro Establishment.

Of course it’s going to be tough going turning over decades of “standard run-of-the-mill bull”.

I continue to be dismayed by how this once-great nation has allowed itself to be reverse-taken-over by the country we’re supposed to have beaten twice in wars. We lost our Empire over it - so maybe we DID lose both wars after all. :frowning:

Some of us knew exactly what was in store. I posted this a week before the referendum:

Voting to leave will decimate our economy, interest rates will go up, inflation will go through the roof, your income will go down 20,30,40% in real terms. The Pound will crash, parity to the dollar is easily feasible, that will mean everything is going to go up by half in price and your spending power will go down by as much, probably more because you won’t get any pay increases and forget about any living wage talk, that will be booted into the long grass for 20 years.

Forget about cabotage and immigrants, if you are lucky to still have a job in 2 years after an exit, it will be at a vastly reduced pay to what you are enjoying now.

Just look at Tesco for example, they run profit margin of 2%, the tariff under WTO rules, something the Leave campaing want us to use post Brexit is higher. The cost of your basic needs will have to go up, just based on the tariff, even you don’t believe we will see inflation, the price of your groceries will go up to meet the tariffs, that of course will lead to inflation and that of course will, yeah you got it increase the price.

Even if the pound does not change at all, which it will of course, and even if the likes of Virgin money will become a charity overnight and not charge you the extra cost that the capital markets will charge them, the price of everything you buy and use will go up.

Let’s not even talk about the Billions of pounds the government will lose in tax revenues, multiples of what we send to the EU, that will either have to be made up by massive cuts or huge increases in tax rates.

Dolph:

We are only just getting started, you just wait to see what happens once we trigger article 50.

Of course I am just scare mongering.

Project fear is now project reality, only just a little bit worse and that much faster.

Everything is going up in price and we haven’t left yet, you just imagine what is going to happen when we have to start paying import duties.

British hypocrisy at it best :imp: :imp:
All in the same article:

“Britain is blocking Montenegro from opening two more EU accession chapters.Britain was the only EU member country blocking Montenegro; all other member states had reached a consensus on allowing Podgorica to open the two chapters”.

The UK insists it has no objection to Montenegro’s accession per se. According to the UK embassy website in Podgorica: “We support Montenegro’s Euro-Atlantic ambitions and its efforts on political and institutional reform to reach the standards required for membership of the EU and NATO”.

balkaninsight.com/en/article … 10-11-2016

PS.Please note that Montenegro will joint after 4 years if its lucky, after then every EU county can ban Montenegrian citizen from working in EU for up to 7 years.
WTF UK block them, some pay back to EU Im guessing. :unamused:

Winseer:

Of course it’s going to be tough going turning over decades of “standard run-of-the-mill bull”.

I continue to be dismayed by how this once-great nation has allowed itself to be reverse-taken-over by the country we’re supposed to have beaten twice in wars. We lost our Empire over it - so maybe we DID lose both wars after all. :frowning:

Prices going up by 15-20%, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, especially in transport, no payrise for a decade or more. If you can personally handle all of that then you will be OK.

Some estimates state that middle income Britain is going to be worse of by 1800 quid a year and more once we leave.

As long as you have a spare 3 years worth of income in the bank you will be fine. If, like most middle income earners you can barely stretch your monthly income to pay the bills and are only left with a few hundred quid at the end of the month, you are not going to be OK and it is only a matter of time.

wheelnutt:

Dolph:

We are only just getting started, you just wait to see what happens once we trigger article 50.

Of course I am just scare mongering.

Project fear is now project reality, only just a little bit worse and that much faster.

Everything is going up in price and we haven’t left yet, you just imagine what is going to happen when we have to start paying import duties.

i dont want to sound “posh”, but we in EE know what is high prices, expensive everything, no holiday, no car, no nothing. Im neither afraid, not worried of what is comming, because its not gonna be worst then the line for bread I was on in 1991 post communist Bulgaria. UK is in a grime reality check. This lavish life people live here will not exist anymore.

The rich will always be rich the poor may get a little poorer though before this is all over.

Trust in Theresa is my moto, she knows what she is doing.

All uncertainty at the moment and posturing for position.

Once Article 50 is envoked the pound will improve.

Hard Brexit or a floppy one there’s a rough ride ahead. But we all knew this.

What with all this re-moaning bs & propaganda we don’t want no dumb assed EEA deal either, as that isn’t Brexit The corrupt leaders of the EU will not negotiate a proper deal that benefits the uk more than it benefits the EU , So pointless triggering ART50 and delaying things even further (up to a minimum of 2 yrs) as the time limit can be extended , We need to go the WTO route, & make our own deals

They should ban the bbc broadcasting question time , it is so biased to the left, I’m surprised it hasn’t had a lot of complaints, The panel members more re moaners than brexiteers every week, then there are the bbc shills in the audience, as well as the carefully choreographed, questions that members of the public who once have been vetted are allowed to ask the panel , (no they don’t get to choose what they want to ask)

Dipper_Dave:
The rich will always be rich the poor may get a little poorer though before this is all over.

Never trust a tory is my moto , and sorry dave, but may has previous form for failing the people of this country may has no real intentions of delivering a complete brexit none at all, if that isn’t already obvious, it should be by now, why the delay? over 2 months and didly squat has been done, meanwhile, Rudd is proposing taking more scum from Calais on top of all that is entering the uk everyday illegally and never deported, 2 years of this we may have reached to point of no return as far as being outbred goes, English whites will become an endangered species

wheelnutt:

Winseer:

Prices going up by 15-20%, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, especially in transport, no payrise for a decade or more. If you can personally handle all of that then you will be OK.

Some estimates state that middle income Britain is going to be worse of by 1800 quid a year and more once we leave.

As long as you have a spare 3 years worth of income in the bank you will be fine. If, like most middle income earners you can barely stretch your monthly income to pay the bills and are only left with a few hundred quid at the end of the month, you are not going to be OK and it is only a matter of time.

ALL scaremonger threats regarding Brexit amount to this:

“It won’t happen if we don’t LET it happen”.

For Remain to lose the referendum - and yet continue to snap at the heels of Brexit is a predictable symptom of such a narrow margin of victory for Brexit.
We must be careful here though. Brexit/Remainer has become such a divisive issue that if we’re not careful we’ll end up with that nightmare scenario of “One half against the other half” the ingredients for Civil War.

I am really starting to think that there are people out there that would like to see Brexiteers dead - to get us back into the EU. I’ve already heard it argued that “Brexiteers are all old ■■■■■ that’ll all be dead within 20 years, so don’t care if they have to die to get Brexit implemented”. FFS What’s wrong with people today?

In the past - if a government did something you don’t approve of - you vote for the “other” party. Nowadays? - You threaten civil unrest! You try and get democracy abolished to turn over democratic mandates! But BUT - you don’t dream of voting for a non-mainstream party to get whatever job you want done properly. Labour’s chance to get Left Wing politics into power was NOT electing Thatcher in 1979 for example. Instead, we flit from one extreme to the other, ending up more often than not with some lukewarm “middle way” that doesn’t really please anyone - just fends off such strong stances until the next election. :frowning:

Dipper_Dave:

I think the “Hard Ride” anticipated was more about “foreign power” objecting tooth and nail of the losses we’re about to inflict upon THEM.

The easiest example of this is “No access to the single market without free movement”.
Theresa May need only say "No deal. Our borders are closing as of now, illegal immigrants already here will be incarcerated, those already in jobs paying tax will be left alone. All trade with the EU is abolished as of the end of current contract runs."

SInce the Eurozone loses all that meaty profit (from the UK buying EU stuff) overnight - that’s a loss for THEM rather than US.
This Tesco/Unilever thing stands as an example of how this can work: We start boycotting any EU-based/owned outfit that starts to take the ■■■■.
If Tesco start organizing a political Boycott of Unilever stuff - that’s gonna bloody hurt Anglo Dutch Unilever a LOT more than it’ll hurt Tescos, who, like us - have the option of “buying elsewhere”.

In my mind, Unilever have blown the argument by trying to hike prices for goods made within the UK - like Marmite. :unamused:

The very issue of “Who owns What” is now going to be brought into the spotlite. What would have happened to a German firm in 1939 when war was declared?
Any assets/premises on UK soil - would be taken over on the spot! Nationalized for £0 paid to our enemy!
You don’t pay those you’re at war with - until you lose.

It’s time the whole Remainer argument - was exposed for the “Surrender Monkey” scenario it represents. :imp:

Winseer:

Dipper_Dave:

I think the “Hard Ride” anticipated was more about “foreign power” objecting tooth and nail of the losses we’re about to inflict upon THEM.

The easiest example of this is “No access to the single market without free movement”.
Theresa May need only say "No deal. Our borders are closing as of now, illegal immigrants already here will be incarcerated, those already in jobs paying tax will be left alone. All trade with the EU is abolished as of the end of current contract runs."

SInce the Eurozone loses all that meaty profit (from the UK buying EU stuff) overnight - that’s a loss for THEM rather than US.
This Tesco/Unilever thing stands as an example of how this can work: We start boycotting any EU-based/owned outfit that starts to take the ■■■■.
If Tesco start organizing a political Boycott of Unilever stuff - that’s gonna bloody hurt Anglo Dutch Unilever a LOT more than it’ll hurt Tescos, who, like us - have the option of “buying elsewhere”.

In my mind, Unilever have blown the argument by trying to hike prices for goods made within the UK - like Marmite. :unamused:

The very issue of “Who owns What” is now going to be brought into the spotlite. What would have happened to a German firm in 1939 when war was declared?
Any assets/premises on UK soil - would be taken over on the spot! Nationalized for £0 paid to our enemy!
You don’t pay those you’re at war with - until you lose.

It’s time the whole Remainer argument - was exposed for the “Surrender Monkey” scenario it represents. :imp:

You clearly don’t understand commodities pricing, wheat in the UK was 110 quid before the referendum, wheat now is 135 quid, that is UK grown wheat priced in UK pounds, why did the price go up, even though there is an oversupply and great harvest and the global price is actually going down? Because the pound crashed, that results in UK grown wheat going up.

So even if Unilever got all the ingredients from the UK, ( let’s not take into account all the machinery, parts, pallets, PPE, bottle caps, bottles that have to be imported plus increased fuel prices, increased energy cost, increased business rates) the price of UK manufactured products using UK grown commodities still goes up because the Pound crashed.

And the issue of Who owns What is going to be mute very shortly, any and all UK business are now 20-30% cheaper to buy than they were in June, again because the Pound crashed. I can see loads of M&A from foreign buyers

Especially in retail and food we import 70-80% of what we sell here, that is going to hurt, big time. Couple that with all the other things that are going up in price and we have a perfect storm here.

You just wait until the currency hedges expire then the crap is really going to hit the proverbial.

Educate yourself a bit on what is going on around you and don’t just believe the Daily mail, which is owned by a foreign Billionaire as are all the other rags spouting this xenophobic EU hating mallarkey, they would want nothing more than the pound to crash even further, they are laughing all the way to the bank while you end up with less and less in your pocket each month while prices keep going up around you.

The pound is fluctuating with every murmur, as it’s controlled by the very same money people who want to safeguard their lifestyles and stay in. Same happened with the erm, it happens every time there’s a general election, it happened before and after the vote, it’s happened with the announcement of a date for article 50, and it will sure as hell happen in march. It always levels back out, and will continue in the future. The money men are just playing a massive game of chicken with the government. Hoping to force a u turn. I was always one of the realist brexiteers. And still am. I know it’ll be tough for a good 5 years, but up to now, even with devaluation etc, I’ve not noticed a change in how far my money goes. I think life will always be hard for anyone lazy enough to want everything at a convenience. Book the whole holiday at Thomas Cook, do all the shopping in Tesco etc. If you’re thrifty with a pound, you’ll be ok. No buyers remorse here, and still the same optimism I had before the vote. It’s gonna be a long bumpy road, but the final destination will all be worth it

OVLOV JAY:
The pound is fluctuating with every murmur, as it’s controlled by the very same money people who want to safeguard their lifestyles and stay in. Same happened with the erm, it happens every time there’s a general election, it happened before and after the vote, it’s happened with the announcement of a date for article 50, and it will sure as hell happen in march. It always levels back out, and will continue in the future. The money men are just playing a massive game of chicken with the government. Hoping to force a u turn. I was always one of the realist brexiteers. And still am. I know it’ll be tough for a good 5 years, but up to now, even with devaluation etc, I’ve not noticed a change in how far my money goes. I think life will always be hard for anyone lazy enough to want everything at a convenience. Book the whole holiday at Thomas Cook, do all the shopping in Tesco etc. If you’re thrifty with a pound, you’ll be ok. No buyers remorse here, and still the same optimism I had before the vote. It’s gonna be a long bumpy road, but the final destination will all be worth it

Here here [emoji106] +1 on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OVLOV JAY:

+1 (OK +2 as Blue Estate jumped the queue, bloody VAN drivers! :smiley:)

And it doesn’t matter what the scaremongers say, on here or the ones in Europe, it’s all posturing at present and anyone who doesn’t see that is the real fool. Even if it does go Pete Tong in the short term, or take way longer than 5 years, I’d still choose Brexit and die fighting than be strangled by Europe slowly. Yes we are going to be facing some rough seas in the foreseeable future, but I think long term we will be the ones laughing when we eventually watch Europe sinking!

P.S. Isn’t Canada close to securing a zero tariff deal without the free movement bollox? Doubt the remainers will want to acknowledge that though… :laughing: