BREXIT.

alix776:

mac12:
The only thing that will change is we will have to start making our own lorries again but nobody knows where the plans are for our old wagons, when they find them they will start getting ready to leave while a couple of drivers off this forum will be going round training drivers how to change gear and sleep on a board across the seats.

Yeah right on what planet are you living on

But it’s true, everything in this country gets moved on lorries and all lorries are made in europe europe knows this so to keep us in order they are going to stop sending truck to us. To fight back the goverment is looking for all the plans of uk made trucks they are 60 years old and only carry 20 ton but better than nothing, they only have manual gears so a few old drivers are going to show everyone else how to use them then we leave europe.

mac12:
But it’s true, everything in this country gets moved on lorries and all lorries are made in europe europe knows this so to keep us in order they are going to stop sending truck to us. To fight back the goverment is looking for all the plans of uk made trucks they are 60 years old and only carry 20 ton but better than nothing, they only have manual gears so a few old drivers are going to show everyone else how to use them then we leave europe.

Did Carryfast tell you that? :smiley:

mac12:

alix776:

mac12:
The only thing that will change is we will have to start making our own lorries again but nobody knows where the plans are for our old wagons, when they find them they will start getting ready to leave while a couple of drivers off this forum will be going round training drivers how to change gear and sleep on a board across the seats.

Yeah right on what planet are you living on

Excellent. So as a self confessed Old Timer I can now expect a big pay rise as I train all those kids how to handle these new/old trucks. And how much healthier our native work force will be with no power steering, so saving on NHS bills. Obviously when we sign off from the Eu our existing Volvos/DAFs/Scanias/Mercs will instantly become heaps of rusty dust, but well all become rich from the new jobs in the Leyland plants. And think how much money well make from building new aircraft too! Clearly Boeing Jumbos will be OK, but those Airbus things will also simply dissolve. Apart from their R.R. engines and the Filton wing sections that is. Hope none are airborne when Tess May signs that paper.

Big pay rise now your talking daft this is haulage so will all be done on the cheap.

Pickles93:
Minimum wage for drivers should be £10ph, ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM, what on earth are firms playing at having class 1 drivers earn as much if not a wee less than some cabbage on the production line or stacking shelves,
7.50ph in my area, that’s disgraceful.

What does setting a minimum wage for lorry drivers have to do with leaving the EU?

For some drivers £10 per hour would be about £9.50 more than their ‘skills’ are really worth.

Olog Hai:

Pickles93:
Minimum wage for drivers should be £10ph, ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM, what on earth are firms playing at having class 1 drivers earn as much if not a wee less than some cabbage on the production line or stacking shelves,
7.50ph in my area, that’s disgraceful.

What does setting a minimum wage for lorry drivers have to do with leaving the EU?

For some drivers £10 per hour would be about £9.50 more than their ‘skills’ are really worth.

And that`s also £10 per hour more than any politician is worth.

I would have thought that the main effect should Brexit ever be fully and properly inplemented - is a whole lot less foreign trucks on UK roads!

Think about it: If the EU denies us access to the Free Market (!!! Yeh I didn’t understand what’s “Free” about it either!) by adding tariffs to our goods going THERE - then we are obviously going to start slapping all kinds of levies, taxes, etc on EU traffic coming HERE.

…Unless of course our government is going to take any and all flack from the EU - whilst not retaliating at all. Should Theresa May prove “that soft” on Brexit - I would imagine the 1922 committee will remove her as PM by Next Easter. Any hope she has of “doing bugger all until the run-up to the 2020 election” will fall flat I think. :bulb:

I would have thought that the main effect should Brexit ever be fully and properly inplemented - is a whole lot less foreign trucks on UK roads!

HAHAHAHA REALLY■■?

So all of a sudden the British buy only British goods?? Didn’t think we made much anymore…

Unbelievable anyone would post that on a public forum to be honest…

EDIT…
I have just read Winseer posting on another thread that suzies cost 3 figures, so I guess I have been had… :blush:

Winseer you win!

(1) If ABS cables are as cheap as £35 as has been pointed out to me - then why is every damned yard paying well over the odds? Surely the tales I get from various management over the years saying that “This is real expensive, that is real expensive” et al - were all made up and I’M the one that’s been well and truly had over the years…? :blush:

(2) How many foreign trucks were on our roads before we entered the EEC? Anyone would think that Britain must have been like Moscow in 1973 - Bare shelves, bugger all foreign stuff available, apple crumble and bread & butter pudding for everything. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Everything we buy from the EU can be re-sourced elsewhere - including “elsewhere within the geographic Europe area” done by trading with those countries not actually in the EU themselves… :bulb:
If we’re losing money on the import side of trade, despite it being bought to us all the way by foreign trucks - then I suggest that maybe the price we pay should NOT include subsidizing those trucks coming to us at all!

Proper FREE trade should allow one to re-source on a whim when there is a good enough price difference between “current contract” and a new potential supplier.

Even Aylesford Newsprint went ■■■■-up in the end primarily down to it being cheaper to import paper via Norske Skog type firms - rather than spend loads of money recyling thrown-away newspapers…

IF Those firms in the paper recycling business can only make money if they get given the waste paper for free, then If they are paying a market rate for such waste paper, then are we heading for a “waste crunch” soon? :bulb: :question:

Winseer:

Think about it: If the EU denies us access to the Free Market (!!! Yeh I didn’t understand what’s “Free” about it either!) by adding tariffs to our goods going THERE - then we are obviously going to start slapping all kinds of levies, taxes, etc on EU traffic coming HERE.

…Unless of course our government is going to take any and all flack from the EU - whilst not retaliating at all. Should Theresa May prove “that soft” on Brexit - I would imagine the 1922 committee will remove her as PM by Next Easter. Any hope she has of “doing bugger all until the run-up to the 2020 election” will fall flat I think. :bulb:

Unfortunately the Cons aren’t up for the type of Nationalist economic policy let alone political one it will take to make Brexit work.It’s doubtful if even UKIP are either.In which case expect at best to see May change EU membership for EEA and with it obviously the status quo.Or at worse just playing for time to allow parliament to over turn the referendum decision.

As for the issue of ‘foreign trucks’ we’ve seen nothing yet if/when cabotage restrictions are lifted as part of either of the above options.

Darkside:
HAHAHAHA REALLY■■?

So all of a sudden the British buy only British goods?? Didn’t think we made much anymore…

Let me guess it’s so much better to go on with an unsustainable trade deficit payed for with borrowed and printed money.While being ruled by Juncker etc as part of the deal. :unamused:

Carryfast:

Darkside:
HAHAHAHA REALLY■■?

Let me guess it’s so much better to go on with an unsustainable trade deficit payed for with borrowed and printed money.While being ruled by Juncker etc as part of the deal. :unamused:

If you want to act as the pseudo-intellectual on here could you at least learn how to spell. :unamused:

del trotter:
If you want to act as the pseudo-intellectual on here could you at least learn how to spell. :unamused:

Let me guess there is an EU directive somewhere that outlaws spelling mistakes or carelessness.Ve vil not allow zis. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Winseer:

Unfortunately the Cons aren’t up for the type of Nationalist economic policy let alone political one it will take to make Brexit work.It’s doubtful if even UKIP are either.In which case expect at best to see May change EU membership for EEA and with it obviously the status quo.Or at worse just playing for time to allow parliament to over turn the referendum decision.

As for the issue of ‘foreign trucks’ we’ve seen nothing yet if/when cabotage restrictions are lifted as part of either of the above options.

In those seats where 60/40 voted Remain - an MP who’s since gone on the record as “being a remainer, and pushing for a second referendum” is going to lose the support of those people who voted for the PARTY via them at the last election.

The lessons still have NOT been learned by the MPs themselves. NO one among them has a 100% mandate one way or the other. A brexiteer MP with 60/40 support might not lose their seat because those who voted Remain were probably already voting for Labour in the first place. 60/40 the other way though - will see Brexiteers looking at voting for the candidate nearest to being a Brexiteer.

Heads you win - tails you don’t lose. IF there’s the relevant demographic studies done here. It’s all too simple just to blanket the referendum as “Tory vs Labour” and "Safe seat MPs (remainers) vs Marginal MPs (Brexiteers)

I’d like to see ALL current MPs out on their arses and we get a brand new lot of them in at the next election.

I even dream of Witney being lost by the Tories.
I guess at odds-on 1/33 though (Tory’s chance to retain the seat) - there’s not much chance of that alas. :frowning:

tango boy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Going by the proposed timetable and the age demographic of Yes voters it seems most will be retired by Brexit time.
“Doing a Cameron” as I see it.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Brexit BBC2 has been killing this debate so much i wont listen after Ken Bruce.
Im glad we voted out but im sick to death of hearing whiners droning on about it.we do not and never did need the EU.

del trotter:

Carryfast:

Darkside:
HAHAHAHA REALLY■■?

We had a great debate about spelling and grammar on TN some years ago.
It was decided that it’s OK as long as it’s readable, which meant that I could make sense of Carryfast’s post, even with his spelling error.

:bulb: The thing about being the spelling and grammar police is that those who do this often do so by judging others by their own standards, whatever those standards may be.

I couldn’t help but smile when you used the rolling eyes emoticon after you’d written one line that missed a comma and asked a question that didn’t have a question mark at the end. :wink:

You see… anybody can make a mistake!! :smiley:

dieseldave:

del trotter:

Carryfast:

Darkside:
HAHAHAHA REALLY■■?

We had a great debate about spelling and grammar on TN some years ago.
It was decided that it’s OK as long as it’s readable, which meant that I could make sense of Carryfast’s post, even with his spelling error.

:bulb: The thing about being the spelling and grammar police is that those who do this often do so by judging others by their own standards, whatever those standards may be.

I couldn’t help but smile when you used the rolling eyes emoticon after you’d written one line that missed a comma and asked a question that didn’t have a question mark at the end. :wink:

You see… anybody can make a mistake!! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: