Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

I believe after the next election there will be a change of government , and even now it’s being said there will be no turning back , I believe if not a attempt to rejoin the eu there will certainly be a move to closer links ,

dozy:
I believe after the next election there will be a change of government , and even now it’s being said there will be no turning back , I believe if not a attempt to rejoin the eu there will certainly be a move to closer links ,

Why ■■

246 years ago today the USA crashed out of the British Empire without a deal.

That didn’t work out too bad.

Not being argumentive or flippant , but could someone please tell me how brexit has helped so far.
Because the one thing I can vividly remember back when the campaign was on was.
Take control / back our borders . - I think we all no that hasn’t worked .

Happy Trucker1:
Not being argumentive or flippant , but could someone please tell me how brexit has helped so far .

I’ve snipped the second part because that’s a different argument, but to ask how it’s helped so far, have you looked at your payslip?

thehairyarsedtrucker:

dozy:

Why ■■

Because labour will get back in , and never mind what sks says the majority of his party are remainers , and like with the rmt strikes , even though sks said they put a block on front benchers going on the picket lines , they still did , the pressure will be applied to rejoin / closer links whether he likes it or not
I’m voting labour , and I voted remain , but to be honest I voted conservative for the first time as I couldn’t abide Hilary benn, Emily thorn berry , millaband, but the conservatives are no better , so I and many will return to voting labour

the maoster:
I’ve snipped the second part because that’s a different argument, but to ask how it’s helped so far, have you looked at your payslip?

I’ve tried to highlight this part of Brexit benefits to Franglais and the other “remoaners” on this thread. Certainly, in my own personal case this is true but he seems more interested in knocking one out into his blue and yellow flag than accepting that many drivers up and down the country are better off because of this.

Looks like ‘Oven Ready’ Brexit Johnson is about to get his P45 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Looks like ‘Oven Ready’ Brexit Johnson is about to get his P45 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

whisperingsmith:

Replaced by Elwood or Rory Stewart , maybe Dominic grieve , Oliver letwin & Anna soubry will make a return , the beginning of the end it seems

tmcassett:

the maoster:

I’ve tried to highlight this part of Brexit benefits to Franglais and the other “remoaners” on this thread. Certainly, in my own personal case this is true but he seems more interested in knocking one out into his blue and yellow flag than accepting that many drivers up and down the country are better off because of this.

in my case its not true, im no better off.

and if you actually properly look into it, i doubt you are financially better off either

chrisdalott:

tmcassett:

the maoster:

and if you actually properly look into it, i doubt you are financially better off either

Well yes and no. The substantial pay rises in the last 18 months thanks to Brexit as well as over £3000 in bonuses would suggest otherwise. I kind of see what you are getting at because we have seen ridiculous price increases in things like energy, fuel etc. and the price of food has gone up too. Sure, food going up can be levelled at Brexit in part due to increased import costs I’m guessing but not significant enough against the extra money I now get paid so proportionally I’m better off.

Plus don’t forget in the last 2 years we have been through the pandemic which has crippled the economy and now the war in Ukraine is clearly having an effect. Would still being in the EU make any difference from that point of view.

tmcassett:

chrisdalott:

tmcassett:

the maoster:

Well yes and no. The substantial pay rises in the last 18 months thanks to Brexit as well as over £3000 in bonuses would suggest otherwise. I kind of see what you are getting at because we have seen ridiculous price increases in things like energy, fuel etc. and the price of food has gone up too. Sure, food going up can be levelled at Brexit in part due to increased import costs I’m guessing but not significant enough against the extra money I now get paid so proportionally I’m better off.

Plus don’t forget in the last 2 years we have been through the pandemic which has crippled the economy and now the war in Ukraine is clearly having an effect. Would still being in the EU make any difference from that point of view.

but you havent had a significant pay rise. you may have more pounds per hour but those pounds are becoming increasingly worthless. and you’re paying a higher rate of income tax

Will Putin step in to save Boris & Brexit ■■ >>

whisperingsmith:
Will Putin step in to save Boris & Brexit ■■ >>

I thought one of his staff had been buying Pincher a few doubles at the bar earlier in the week.

chrisdalott:
but you havent had a significant pay rise. you may have more pounds per hour but those pounds are becoming increasingly worthless. and you’re paying a higher rate of income tax

If I hadn’t received those pay increases and bonuses which was largely in part and thanks to Brexit then I would still be paying higher income tax, increased fuel, energy costs and so on, I’d just be earning less per hour doing it so not really sure what your point is.

tmcassett:

chrisdalott:

If I hadn’t received those pay increases and bonuses which was largely in part and thanks to Brexit then I would still be paying higher income tax, increased fuel, energy costs and so on, I’d just be earning less per hour doing it so not really sure what your point is.

No?
It’s the same old point they’ve been trying to make for the last 5 years or whatever yawn yawn. :unamused:
Just ignore them they may go away eventually. :smiley:

Btw…Surprised Frangers hasn’t been on rejoicing that half of Boris’s cabinet has resigned…right up his strasse I’d have thought.
I’d imagined that he would have been as happy about it nearly as much as he was when Christmas festivities were cancelled and mask wearing became compulsory. :smiley:

chrisdalott:

You mut be a sandwich short of a picnic!
If we had not had the recent pay increases caused by a driver shortage when our European cousins went home then we would have been even poorer due to current inflation running at 9%
The whole country is 9% poorer today and any pay increase below 9% means they are on a looser.
I had pay rises totalling 12% plus a loyality bonus of £50 per week that is still running. I am keeping my ahead above water thanks to a driver shortage that enables me to go to my boss and demand more or I go to Joe Herberrt Transport who is offering me ££££
To say we havent had a pay rise is just ridiculous

And from a wider perspective:-

"Brexit isn’t something that was presented to the nation as a detailed, informed, fully-worked out plan in 2016 or even 2019 to that matter…the PM just makes it up as he goes along and has put those willing to believe his every brain ■■■■ into positions of power.
It’s no great surprise that civil servants who live in the real functioning world are struggling to make the impossible possible.
Brexit was sold as a racist’s isolationist dream…but we actually live in a global society in terms of business, travel and responsibilities, regardless of an in/out vote."

robroy:

tmcassett:

chrisdalott:

No?
It’s the same old point they’ve been trying to make for the last 5 years or whatever yawn yawn. :unamused:
Just ignore them they may go away eventually. :smiley:

Btw…Surprised Frangers hasn’t been on rejoicing that half of Boris’s cabinet has resigned…right up his strasse I’d have thought.
I’d imagined that he would have been as happy about it nearly as much as he was when Christmas festivities were cancelled and mask wearing became compulsory. :smiley:

I am sure he will be along shortly with a link to something he perceives as a negative.